Time travel

AuthorMessage
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
May 5th, 2006 at 06:31am
Bloodraine:
You know what i'd do, if I was in charge of a time travel machine?

I wouldn't change anything. I wouldn't change wars, I wouldn't prevent the Holocaust, I wouldn't prevent certain people from being born or I wouldn't stop Hiroshima or anything.

What I would do, is i'd go back and watch. That way, you could come up with a true representation of history that isn't blighted or false. We shouldn't put effort into changing things, but to truly learn from our mistakes.

Wow, thats exactly what I said to my brother when that topic came up one time. I would want to change anything, but I've always wanted to watch, and see how they did things, and stuff like that, I don't care about getting involved or changing things, I'm just facinated by history, espically ancient history.
Drops of Jupiter
Idiot
Drops of Jupiter
May 5th, 2006 at 06:02pm
It's impossible to time travel since it's impossible to travel faster than the speed of light Rolling Eyes
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
May 5th, 2006 at 06:03pm
Bloodraine:
You know what i'd do, if I was in charge of a time travel machine?

I wouldn't change anything. I wouldn't change wars, I wouldn't prevent the Holocaust, I wouldn't prevent certain people from being born or I wouldn't stop Hiroshima or anything.

What I would do, is i'd go back and watch. That way, you could come up with a true representation of history that isn't blighted or false. We shouldn't put effort into changing things, but to truly learn from our mistakes.

i agree.

"all because you can doesnt meen you should"
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
May 5th, 2006 at 07:20pm
Drops of Jupiter:
It's impossible to time travel since it's impossible to travel faster than the speed of light Rolling Eyes

First off its more improbable than impossible, and second of all hunders of years ago people thought that it would be impossible to communicate with someone on the other side of the world from your own home in real time, but they've been proved wrong, so who's to say nothing will ever go faster than the speed of light.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 5th, 2006 at 07:38pm
Drops of Jupiter:
Light and Time are two toally different units of measurement, who says you need to be able to go fast in order to travel in time?
Drops of Jupiter
Idiot
Drops of Jupiter
May 6th, 2006 at 07:49am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Drops of Jupiter:
Light and Time are two toally different units of measurement, who says you need to be able to go fast in order to travel in time?

Because you need to travel fast than light to travel through time, but seeing as we cannot travel faster than light because it takes an infinite amount of energy, we cannot do it. Unless we create a wormhole..
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
May 6th, 2006 at 08:18am
-Must stop thinking about David Tennant naked.-
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 6th, 2006 at 10:59am
Drops of Jupiter:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Drops of Jupiter:

Because you need to travel fast than light to travel through time, but seeing as we cannot travel faster than light because it takes an infinite amount of energy, we cannot do it. Unless we create a wormhole..

And you know this how? Have you invented a time machine that works? Maybe it has nothing to do with speed, maybe it's what direction or the temperature or which way the wind is blowing. No one knows or we would have had a time machine by now.
Drops of Jupiter
Idiot
Drops of Jupiter
May 6th, 2006 at 03:49pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Drops of Jupiter:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Drops of Jupiter:

And you know this how? Have you invented a time machine that works? Maybe it has nothing to do with speed, maybe it's what direction or the temperature or which way the wind is blowing. No one knows or we would have had a time machine by now.

quote from www.howstuffworks.com - "According to Einstein's theory of special relativity, time slows as an object approaches the speed of light. This leads many scientists to believe that traveling faster than the speed of light could open up the possibility of time travel to the past as well as to the future. The problem is that the speed of light is believed to be the highest speed at which something can travel, so it is unlikely that we will be able to travel into the past. As an object nears the speed of light, its relativistic mass increases until, at the speed of light, it becomes infinite. Accelerating an infinite mass any faster than that is impossible, or at least it seems to be right now. "

However it also says it may be possible to travel into the future, but as i know only about travel back in time i will not comment as i may be wrong.
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
May 6th, 2006 at 07:01pm
i think it is but then i think its not so yeah
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 6th, 2006 at 07:04pm
Drops of Jupiter:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Drops of Jupiter:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Drops of Jupiter:

quote from www.howstuffworks.com - "According to Einstein's theory of special relativity, time slows as an object approaches the speed of light. This leads many scientists to believe that traveling faster than the speed of light could open up the possibility of time travel to the past as well as to the future. The problem is that the speed of light is believed to be the highest speed at which something can travel, so it is unlikely that we will be able to travel into the past. As an object nears the speed of light, its relativistic mass increases until, at the speed of light, it becomes infinite. Accelerating an infinite mass any faster than that is impossible, or at least it seems to be right now. "

However it also says it may be possible to travel into the future, but as i know only about travel back in time i will not comment as i may be wrong.
Notice it said theroy, that means they can't prove it.
Drops of Jupiter
Idiot
Drops of Jupiter
May 7th, 2006 at 04:08am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Drops of Jupiter:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Drops of Jupiter:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Drops of Jupiter:

Notice it said theroy, that means they can't prove it.

Well it's just like Darwin's theory of evolution and Newtons theory of universal gravitation. We can prove them
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 7th, 2006 at 10:51am
Alot of people disagree with the theroy of evolution, and Newtons Law of Universal Gravitation has been proven,it is no longer a theroy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton%27s_law_of_universal_gravitation

but it doesnt matter anyways, there is alot of theories, but no one can prove them, just like no one can prove that.
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
May 15th, 2006 at 04:44am
Drops of Jupiter:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Drops of Jupiter:

ages ago... my dad told me the date but i have, at present, forgotten. but anyway, a couple of hundred years ago, people thought you couldn't travel over 60 miles an hour, or you would die. now look at us go.
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
May 15th, 2006 at 04:48am
Spirit Of '77:
Sheepo@_@:
I think its kinda :/ I dont know how to put it.....
Like if time travel possible wouldnt we right now be in the past? So people who have time travel would be coming back here, and like changing things or not......I mean if there is time travel do something constructive with it like stop The Holocaust from happening, stop all wars from happening. I dont know :/

i was going to say that... if time travel were possible, lots of things about the past probably would have changed. someone from the past would have gone back and killed hitler before he came to power, someone from the future would have killed bush, etc.

quoting from a few pages back now.. cause i haven't been on in ages.

it's most likely that even if someone did go back and kill Hitler, someone of his equivalence(sp?) would come along and do pretty much the same thing as he did, for all we know, some one else could have done what Hitler did before him then someone from the future came back and killed that person, but we got Hitler instead. and it would just keep going like that, there will always be a replacement.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
May 15th, 2006 at 06:08pm
If you were going to use a time travel machine you'd need to have a machine that could travel faster than the speed of light, (if you wanted to travel further than a day) but the chances of getting a machine like this are very slim because...

a) There's not an engine powerful enough yet

b) if you did have a powerful enough engine, you wouldn't have strong enough materials to make the body out of, because the amount of G Force it would experience would completely disitegrate it. A concorde changes shape during flight, and that's only travelling at the speed of sound.

c) No one inside the machine would be able to survive the G Forces.

So yeah, I'm think it's impossible now, but in a few centuries/millenia it might not be.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 15th, 2006 at 06:16pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
If you were going to use a time travel machine you'd need to have a machine that could travel faster than the speed of light, (if you wanted to travel further than a day) but the chances of getting a machine like this are very slim because...

b) if you did have a powerful enough engine, you wouldn't have strong enough materials to make the body out of, because the amount of G Force it would experience would completely disitegrate it. A concorde changes shape during flight, and that's only travelling at the speed of sound.

So yeah, I'm think it's impossible now, but in a few centuries/millenia it might not be.
Why would you need to travel faster than the speed of light? Becuase you saw it in a movie? Rolling Eyes
Drops of Jupiter
Idiot
Drops of Jupiter
May 19th, 2006 at 08:15am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Flaming Phalanges!:

Why would you need to travel faster than the speed of light? Becuase you saw it in a movie? Rolling Eyes

Einstein's Theory of Relativity Confused
I.Heart.Panic.
King For A Couple Of Days
I.Heart.Panic.
May 19th, 2006 at 04:03pm
Lonely Angel <3:
-Must stop thinking about David Tennant naked.-

You too? Laughing
GD Addicts Anonymous
Falling In Love With The Board
GD Addicts Anonymous
May 19th, 2006 at 09:57pm
I don't believe it's even possible. It would be too complicated and I don't know a lot about science, but I seriously doubt there would be any way to do it. And messing with time would never be a good thing I'm sure.
Register