Time travel

AuthorMessage
CaLLmeWhaTyOuWiLL
Geek
CaLLmeWhaTyOuWiLL
April 19th, 2006 at 11:16am
I always wanted time travel to be possible, but I don't wanna see the future, I only wanna go back.. I think you must be able to travel at the speed of light to be able to time travel, I could be wrong but that's what I heard.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
April 21st, 2006 at 01:04am
i think some people have already discovered it (well at least their souls) and then came back to now or 100 years ago or 1000 years ago and that's why we have philosophers and sickics(ya know the people that can tell your future)
Alex Skela
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Alex Skela
April 21st, 2006 at 01:39am
Poison Fish:
k i have now become fascinated by time travel. so...

do you think its possible? and if so would it be a good thing or a bad thing?

in my opinion i do think its possible to travel forward in time, through wormholes and space travel etc. but personally i dont think its at all possible to travel back in time, because as of now i have found no evidence that proves it is possible.
and i think travelling forward in time isnt such a bad thing, but one would have to be very careful with it considering [if my opinion is correct], they wouldnt be able to get back. but to travel back in time, if it was possible, i think would be incredibly dangerous and really should never be done because no matter what you do, no matter where you go, you will change something somehow that could alter the whole of history.

No you can't.

Time is not a VCR, you can't move it...I will tell you later why cause right now I'm sleepy and I'm going to sleep...
I.Heart.Panic.
King For A Couple Of Days
I.Heart.Panic.
April 21st, 2006 at 12:00pm
I think time travel is something a lot of people would want to do, but I doubt anyone would ever be able to do it.
I mean, if someone had a grudge agaisnt another person, like if their mom or something had been murdered by someone, they could easily use time travel to travel back and stop it from happening, altering the events of time forever.
I dunno. Travelling backwards would be dangerous, as a lot of you have said, and I think if I had the oppurtunity I'd be too scared to do it in case I accidentally travlled into a wall or changed time forever or something. I mean! What if I went back and accidentally tripped up a monarch or something and it killed them?
Everyone is making excellent points....I can't decide if I believe or not....
stilinski
stilinski

Blog
April 21st, 2006 at 01:11pm
Spun-out-in-my-room:

That was really well explained. Though a bit confusing, but the subject itself is, right?

Time Travel is really fascinating indeed.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 21st, 2006 at 02:50pm
i would love to think that one day we could meet the great people like Leonardo Di Vinci, Beethoven, Bach, and even Robert palmer, just to see what made them tick, why did beethoven play the music he did, i think it would be great.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
April 21st, 2006 at 03:13pm
If time travel gets to be a reality, it needs to be like in "Timeline" (read the book, THEN see the movie if you will), where everyone has to pretend to be like the people from that era. No taking bombs back to ancient Rome so they defeat the Goths so you can satisfy your curiosity. If you wanna go back and meet old Julius, you get period garb and speak in Latin. That's the only way it would work.

Magne: FUCK yeah. I'd like to meet some of those guys...maybe go back and ask religious figures questions...rouse some rabble. Get the gospel straight from Jesus, study with the Buddha, pray towards Jerusalem (and later, Mecca) with Mohammad. It'd be pretty damn sweet.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 21st, 2006 at 05:02pm
dirtyhippie:
If time travel gets to be a reality, it needs to be like in "Timeline" (read the book, THEN see the movie if you will), where everyone has to pretend to be like the people from that era. No taking bombs back to ancient Rome so they defeat the Goths so you can satisfy your curiosity. If you wanna go back and meet old Julius, you get period garb and speak in Latin. That's the only way it would work.

Magne: FUCK yeah. I'd like to meet some of those guys...maybe go back and ask religious figures questions...rouse some rabble. Get the gospel straight from Jesus, study with the Buddha, pray towards Jerusalem (and later, Mecca) with Mohammad. It'd be pretty damn sweet.

the problem with that film was it's crap. people should read the book it is much better.
L Lawliet
Idiot
L Lawliet
April 21st, 2006 at 05:16pm
I don't think it's possible to time travel and if it were, it would cause quite a few problems.
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
April 21st, 2006 at 05:49pm
Sharks and Danger.:

Time Travel is really fascinating indeed.

Agreed. Smile
State Radio
Falling In Love With The Board
State Radio
April 21st, 2006 at 05:54pm
I wouldn't do it even if it existed, I don't want to change anything...well, not enough to go back and fix it..
Minority_Under_Dog
Minority_Under_Dog

Blog
April 21st, 2006 at 08:05pm
I think I'd deffinitly want to go back in time and see how things really were back then. I probably wouldn't chage anything....well maybe a few things.
Buddy Christ
Buddy Christ

Blog
April 21st, 2006 at 09:32pm
i would go back and see what my parents were really like.
SinfulDavey
Idiot
SinfulDavey
May 4th, 2006 at 03:15am
fuck going back in time, let's try to stop time
Vanity
Vanity
May 4th, 2006 at 03:47am
I don't believe in it. If we had the ability or technology to time travel, wouldn't somebody from another time period have visited back or forth to this time period?

Like, say we could. Alright, now, if we went to the future, wouldn't the person or persons somehow be able to duplicate this machine? Or if we ourselves had the ability, wouldn't we show others how to use it?
And then once they figured out how to duplicate the machine, or ability, don't you think somebody from the future, or past would have 'visited' this time period?

That's just my ideas on it. Alot is based on the 'what ifs' of human's ability to share, or build another machine/device to travel...but whatever...

That's why I don't believe. Have you ever heard of somebody of sound mind claim they could time travel?

I don't think so.

But, if it was possible, I know I'd go back to change a few things in my life.
Matty.
Matty.
May 4th, 2006 at 09:02am
If it was possible to do think that the general public would be told about it?
Matty.
Matty.
May 4th, 2006 at 09:03am
Damn I'm vain:
I don't believe in it. If we had the ability or technology to time travel, wouldn't somebody from another time period have visited back or forth to this time period?

Like, say we could. Alright, now, if we went to the future, wouldn't the person or persons somehow be able to duplicate this machine? Or if we ourselves had the ability, wouldn't we show others how to use it?
And then once they figured out how to duplicate the machine, or ability, don't you think somebody from the future, or past would have 'visited' this time period?

That's just my ideas on it. Alot is based on the 'what ifs' of human's ability to share, or build another machine/device to travel...but whatever...

That's why I don't believe. Have you ever heard of somebody of sound mind claim they could time travel?

I don't think so.

But, if it was possible, I know I'd go back to change a few things in my life.

just coz we can't do it atm doesnt mean it's not possible, people said it was impossible to go the moon back in the 1950's/60's
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 4th, 2006 at 11:18am
You know what i'd do, if I was in charge of a time travel machine?

I wouldn't change anything. I wouldn't change wars, I wouldn't prevent the Holocaust, I wouldn't prevent certain people from being born or I wouldn't stop Hiroshima or anything.

What I would do, is i'd go back and watch. That way, you could come up with a true representation of history that isn't blighted or false. We shouldn't put effort into changing things, but to truly learn from our mistakes.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
May 4th, 2006 at 02:43pm
Bloodraine:

I wouldn't change anything. I wouldn't change wars, I wouldn't prevent the Holocaust, I wouldn't prevent certain people from being born or I wouldn't stop Hiroshima or anything.

What I would do, is i'd go back and watch. That way, you could come up with a true representation of history that isn't blighted or false. We shouldn't put effort into changing things, but to truly learn from our mistakes.

That sounds like the kind of thing Doctor Who would say Shifty
I agree, they say history is told by the winners so to see an unbiased version would be savage
Matty.
Matty.
May 5th, 2006 at 06:07am
Incubus:
Bloodraine:

That sounds like the kind of thing Doctor Who would say Shifty
I agree, they say history is told by the winners so to see an unbiased version would be savage

it would be so amazing...Road trip cmon boys!
Register