Pitbulls BANNED in Ontario, Canada?

AuthorMessage
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
June 18th, 2006 at 02:19pm
problem is, a dog attacks some1, its automatically the dogs fault, murder the dog, end of story, no investigation into why the dog attacked them. most of the time an attack is provoked, like with sharks and donkeys
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
November 13th, 2006 at 10:15pm
its not the pitbulls

its the PEOPLE who trian the pitbulls to be overly aggressive

pitbulls are perfectly capable of being nice dogs, people just trian them to be mean

plus, you cant just ban everything that has injured someone

people die in car acciedents everyday
that dosnt mean we sould ban cars!
BillieStoleMyVirginity
Geek
BillieStoleMyVirginity

Mibba
December 10th, 2006 at 12:33am
here in australia you need a lisence to keep pitbulls. recently my friend's boyfriend's dogs got put down because they mauled a cat. one of his dogs was pregnant. in many countries a woman cannot be incarcerated (or sentenced to death if the country supports capital punishment)
if she is pregnant. this is another disgusting example of human ignorance and superiority system. animals deserve rights too! they are just like us humans (after all we are animals) only they can't talk like us. huge fucking woop. the dogs only attack people and animals because 1. they have been bred to be more aggressive 2. they are TERRITORIAL ANIMALS! in parts of the USA its legal to shoot someone if they cross the threshold of your house. so why can't pitbulls attack a cat if its in their territory? or another dog if its posing a threat to their master?? or, you will hate me for saying this but, a little kid if its teasing the poor dog and annoying the fuck out of it!!!!!!!!!
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
December 24th, 2006 at 09:45am
BillieStoleMyVirginity:
here in australia you need a lisence to keep pitbulls. recently my friend's boyfriend's dogs got put down because they mauled a cat. one of his dogs was pregnant. in many countries a woman cannot be incarcerated (or sentenced to death if the country supports capital punishment)
if she is pregnant. this is another disgusting example of human ignorance and superiority system. animals deserve rights too! they are just like us humans (after all we are animals) only they can't talk like us. huge fucking woop. the dogs only attack people and animals because 1. they have been bred to be more aggressive 2. they are TERRITORIAL ANIMALS! in parts of the USA its legal to shoot someone if they cross the threshold of your house. so why can't pitbulls attack a cat if its in their territory? or another dog if its posing a threat to their master?? or, you will hate me for saying this but, a little kid if its teasing the poor dog and annoying the fuck out of it!!!!!!!!!

Amen!
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
December 24th, 2006 at 10:00am
BillieStoleMyVirginity:

yeah ok i agree with the little kid shouldnt annoy a dog if they do the chances are the dog will bite, but women have been sent to prison pregnant, but owners should train dogs properly andnot teach them to attack, which is why people should be vetted before getting a dangerous dog, and also they should bring back the dog licence (in the uk they shoudl anyway) it is no fun being biten by the rotweillier, i knwo i was walking down the road with my baby in a pram and a man and his dog came past me and has i walked by the dog bit me and went for my son, that was the fault of the owner it was later discovered because he uesed to tie the dog to a tree and kick it to make it nasty. And yes the dog was put to sleep.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
December 24th, 2006 at 10:05am
BillieStoleMyVirginity:
You are comparing a dog to a women. Animals are not like humans and humans are not like animals. Yes, animals should have rights, but not the same one as humans.

Your reasons on why animals attack people are pretty stupid.
1. Nobody should bred their dog to be more aggresive and if they do so they have to takee care that the dog wont harm anyone. You say dogs get put down and its the humans fault, and thats true, but the owner of the dog needs to be punished too, but if you let the dog stay alive it can harm others again.
2. You say they are territorial animals and there for they can harm cats. Ok, its in their nature to protect their territory and to catch cats, but they can harm a little kid. You say dogs protect their master, but if a kid goes to get the ball that fall into his neighbours garden? And if animals are the same as humans then why cant I kill my brother cause he is annoying me and a dog can slaughter a little kid? Its wrong and thats what makes us different from the animals. We have a sence of right and wrong. And I cant understand how can you aprove a dog harming an little kid.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
December 26th, 2006 at 10:25am
anti-christ of suburbia:
problem is, a dog attacks some1, its automatically the dogs fault, murder the dog, end of story, no investigation into why the dog attacked them. most of the time an attack is provoked, like with sharks and donkeys
I hate that. That's bullshit. You can't blame them for being provoked. And dogs just don't attack without reason. They didn't wish it upon themselves. In the housing compund where I live, with my four dogs, this guy tried to hit one. Here's what happened, no joke, this guy is mental:

So, I'm walking my two big dogs, sorta Labrador sized. They are street dogs who's mother was rescued by my friend when she was found pregnant and unconscious on the side of a road. She nursed the mother back to health and in a couple of weeks, she gave birth to a litter.

I took in these two, a brother in sister so they wouldn't get lonely, after they were old enough to leave their mother. One is black, her name is Nam Oi, and she is the blackest, nicest, kidest, most gentle creature on God's Earth. The other, the brother, is brown, called Caddy, and he's a rude boy all the way. He's a roughie.

Anyway, I'm walking them, and I let them off the leashes to run around cause, hey, they're dogs, they should be able to run a round a bit in the park, right? And they love it too.

Now, there's this head of the housing compound guy, who's kinda in charge of the people who live here, and he's just totally crazy and ignorant. He sometimes runs around, and carries a golf club on him at all times. Seriously, a golf club. I don't know what he's thinking, but whatever. One day, he's running along, and he sees my black beauty, Nam Oi. He's running after her and I'm running after him like, 'What the hell?' Next thing you know, he swings the golf club over his head, hitting me on the sholder, and brings it crashing on Nam Oi's head, who did absolutely nothing. She was just playing around with her brother, and he comes along, trying to smash her bleeding brains out. So now, I'm just pissed. Nam Oi is kinda crouching down, scurring away, you know, like when a dog gets scared, with her tail between her legs.

I yell at him, 'What the hell are you doing?'
He says, 'That looks like the dog which bit my daughter.' Or son, I can't remember what he said. And I'm furious, cause this is impossible. Nam Oi is one of the most pure, loving, gentle, never-hurt-a-fly, animals ever. She's shy too, for the most part, and she would never bite.

Another inncident, I'm walking the dogs again, and the crazy guy again is joggin along the path. My dogs are loose and they're chasing each other along the same path towards this guy. Now this path is like three feet wide, and I was keeping my eye on them, making sure he wouldn't touch them, and as they run past him he 'trips' as he said. He comes after me telling me about how we already talked about me and my dogs, and this time I lose it. I almost decide to break his jaw, when I remember of course, that if I do, I will most likely get evicted, so I just shout.

He asks me if I saw him 'trip over your dogs'. And I'm just being sarcastic saying, 'Oh, I'm so sorry, I can see the blood pouring from your wounds.' Blah, blah, blah. He's starting to get more pissed, which I expected and even wanted. He said that he would make my life difficult, and I told him that if he touched my dogs again, I'd take his golf club and bash his brains out. He started screamsing at me about how I shouldn't let my dogs out and that they'll hurt somebody, but I know they won't. I said that it's his fault that these dogs grow up to become dangerous to humans when they are dangered by people like him. They learn to fear people like him, and when threatened, they will attack. But, I told him, my dogs don't do that, because so far, they haven't been mauled to death by a golf club, except once by you. He then goes on about how I'm blaming people. And I yell back at him, 'So who were you blaming, a minute ago, huh?' So now he starts walking off, and I put my dogs back on the leash and start walkng away, as well.

I mean, this guy is really an idiot. Most dogs would bite him back if they were hit, and I'm glad my dog didn't. But you can't blame a dog for doing that. There are pleanty of street dogs in Thailand, who are taken when they're cute, as puppies, abused as they get older, and then attack people when they get to close. Well, I almost attacked this guy, instead I just shouted at him. A dog can't really communicate with people, so it's reasonable enough to, if threatened, attack. Any animal does that, too. They are reasonable, It's not like the do stuff just out of the blue.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 26th, 2006 at 11:05am
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
You are comparing a dog to a women. Animals are not like humans and humans are not like animals. Yes, animals should have rights, but not the same one as humans.

1. Nobody should bred their dog to be more aggresive and if they do so they have to takee care that the dog wont harm anyone. You say dogs get put down and its the humans fault, and thats true, but the owner of the dog needs to be punished too, but if you let the dog stay alive it can harm others again.
2. You say they are territorial animals and there for they can harm cats. Ok, its in their nature to protect their territory and to catch cats, but they can harm a little kid. You say dogs protect their master, but if a kid goes to get the ball that fall into his neighbours garden? And if animals are the same as humans then why cant I kill my brother cause he is annoying me and a dog can slaughter a little kid? Its wrong and thats what makes us different from the animals. We have a sence of right and wrong. And I cant understand how can you aprove a dog harming an little kid.

Yeah, well they both deserve the same right to life.

1- Anyone who trains their dog to attack someone, and it harms someone deserves to go to jail for Involuntary manslaughter, because it was their reckless actions that lead to the dog harming someone. And by then, its too late to help the animal, and its living in violent misery anyways. Training a dog to be violent is far from nice, its extremely abusive. It would be more cruel to keep the animal alive after that.

2- Where were the parents? You can't just let your kid walk around like that, if something happens in that case, then its your own fault, and sadly the kid is the one who suffers because of it. Dogs harming little kids isn't ok, but alot of the time it isn't their fault and they are blamed for it. You can't use the dog as a scapegoat for others wreckless actions.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 26th, 2006 at 11:39am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
[Bittersweet] cant fail:

Yeah, well they both deserve the same right to life.

1- Anyone who trains their dog to attack someone, and it harms someone deserves to go to jail for Involuntary manslaughter, because it was their reckless actions that lead to the dog harming someone. And by then, its too late to help the animal, and its living in violent misery anyways. Training a dog to be violent is far from nice, its extremely abusive. It would be more cruel to keep the animal alive after that.

2- Where were the parents? You can't just let your kid walk around like that, if something happens in that case, then its your own fault, and sadly the kid is the one who suffers because of it. Dogs harming little kids isn't ok, but alot of the time it isn't their fault and they are blamed for it. You can't use the dog as a scapegoat for others wreckless actions.

number one i totally agree with you on that one. (see we can agree)

but point two what if the child is in a park that shouldnt allow dogs in anyway? Should childrennow be told to stay still in play areas?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 26th, 2006 at 11:43am
Lucifers Angel:

but point two what if the child is in a park that shouldnt allow dogs in anyway? Should childrennow be told to stay still in play areas?

Well, I highly doubt people who train dogs to be violent allow them to enjoy days in the park. Most places require by law that dogs be on a leash. I don't know where you got the idea that I said that kids can't play in parks. I said they can't be in other peoples yards.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 26th, 2006 at 11:45am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Lucifers Angel:

Well, I highly doubt people who train dogs to be violent allow them to enjoy days in the park. Most places require by law that dogs be on a leash. I don't know where you got the idea that I said that kids can't play in parks. I said they can't be in other peoples yards.

sorry didnt see the yard bit, but people do let dogs roam in parks of leads, and somtimes they are dangerous dogs.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 26th, 2006 at 11:52am
Lucifers Angel:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Lucifers Angel:

sorry didnt see the yard bit, but people do let dogs roam in parks of leads, and somtimes they are dangerous dogs.

Those people deserve to be punished then.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 26th, 2006 at 11:53am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Lucifers Angel:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Lucifers Angel:

yes indeed they do. Most dog owners are law abiding people but there are a few that are not.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
December 26th, 2006 at 04:03pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Lucifers Angel:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Lucifers Angel:

But you punish them when it all happens and when a kid is already harmed. I was almost attacked by a dog once and if my dad wasn't their to get it away from me it would harm me. It was in a park where little kids play and the dog wasn't on a leash, but you aren't forbidden to walk dogs just nobody takes care if they are on a leash or not. I am terribly afraid of dogs since then and even the little ones scare the shit out of me when they bark an everything.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 26th, 2006 at 04:08pm
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
But you punish them when it all happens and when a kid is already harmed. I was almost attacked by a dog once and if my dad wasn't their to get it away from me it would harm me. It was in a park where little kids play and the dog wasn't on a leash, but you aren't forbidden to walk dogs just nobody takes care if they are on a leash or not. I am terribly afraid of dogs since then and even the little ones scare the shit out of me when they bark an everything.

So... then you just think no one should be allowed to have dogs as pets?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 26th, 2006 at 04:57pm
[Bittersweet] cant fail:

Well, murderers are sent to jail after their victim is dead, if there was no crime there would be no victim anyway. That kind of doesn't make sense, since nobody can tell the future.

Being on a lead is no guarantee a dog will not bite; a big enough dog can overpower an owner easily and a tranquil enough dog won't bite, lead or not.
The "dog eat dog" analogy is not just a saying, it works in the real world too, and dogs are predators who will seek prey. For that, they are punished by death. However, no human will ever be death sentenced for killing a dog. Thats besides the point.

Little dogs that bark are not harming, and I don't really see how you can make a case against them, would you outlaw all dogs?.
I love CHURTLES!!
Geek
I love CHURTLES!!
December 31st, 2006 at 03:36pm
that is terrible
Daarn
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Daarn
January 1st, 2007 at 06:46pm
It's wrong that they did that.

Just because it is of a certain breed, doesn't make it anymore or less harmfull than another breed.
In my opinion a dog acts the way it does because of the owner.
A dalmation or somthing could act exactly the same as a pitbull if it was treated the same by the same owner.
Verbatim.
Verbatim.
January 1st, 2007 at 08:31pm
Funny I came across this. Just last night a little girl over here in England was mauled to death by her grandma's pit bull terrier. The girl was 5 years old.

It shouldn't have happened. Pit Bulls are banned over here under the dangerous dogs act anyway, so the dog should have been confiscated. it's also only just come out in the news that the dog's owner was warned about it's aggression just weeks before her granddaughter was killed by it.

That to me, is human ignorance. That woman has knowingly kept a vicious dog around small children, her own grandchildren.

Things like that really get me angry.
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2007 at 08:36pm
Dreamspace:
Funny I came across this. Just last night a little girl over here in England was mauled to death by her grandma's pit bull terrier. The girl was 5 years old.

It shouldn't have happened. Pit Bulls are banned over here under the dangerous dogs act anyway, so the dog should have been confiscated. it's also only just come out in the news that the dog's owner was warned about it's aggression just weeks before her granddaughter was killed by it.

That to me, is human ignorance. That woman has knowingly kept a vicious dog around small children, her own grandchildren.

Things like that really get me angry.
It was the kid's Uncle's dog. The grandmother got bitten and scratched trying to save the child.
Register