Do you or your parents park in disabled/handicapped spaces?

AuthorMessage
A New Wave Gospel
Idiot
A New Wave Gospel
February 5th, 2006 at 02:56pm
Anyhooo getting back on Topic,
My parents NEVER park in hadicaped/disabeld spaces they say its just plain ignorant and too be honest I agree with them.
If we need to go to a supermarket for just one item we will park in the parent and child space, (hey there's no age range on it Wink .)
But I do feel kinda guilty about it afterwards.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 5th, 2006 at 03:33pm
Vader_Darth:
Anyhooo getting back on Topic,
My parents NEVER park in hadicaped/disabeld spaces they say its just plain ignorant and too be honest I agree with them.
If we need to go to a supermarket for just one item we will park in the parent and child space, (hey there's no age range on it Wink .)
But I do feel kinda guilty about it afterwards.

unless you go to asda and they have a parent and child badge
SARAnade
SARAnade
February 5th, 2006 at 03:50pm
my parents dont, and we respect people who need to use closer parking spaces, even pregnant ladies and such. i dislocted my hip over x mas and i had to go to the mall to get some stuff but we parked far away and by the time i got to the doors i wanted to fall over...since then ive been bed-ridden and life has pretty much sucked..im feeling better this weekend though!! Smile
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 5th, 2006 at 03:52pm
LovesBillieJoe:
even pregnant ladies and such.

Whyyy?

I don't see what pressing need they have to be right next to the shop.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 5th, 2006 at 03:52pm
LovesBillieJoe:
my parents dont, and we respect people who need to use closer parking spaces, even pregnant ladies and such. i dislocted my hip over x mas and i had to go to the mall to get some stuff but we parked far away and by the time i got to the doors i wanted to fall over...since then ive been bed-ridden and life has pretty much sucked..im feeling better this weekend though!! Smile

glad your fealing better.

i hate it when people park in mothr and child spaces its a pain in the ass to get a baby out of the car while its raining likewise getting a disabled person out of the car in the rain
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 5th, 2006 at 03:54pm
Bloodraine:
LovesBillieJoe:

Whyyy?

i dont either i have had 3 kids and we parked away from the store all the time but i wanted to walk and i wouldnt let anyone wrap me up in cotton wool anyway
A New Wave Gospel
Idiot
A New Wave Gospel
February 6th, 2006 at 03:58am
Well Its a good job we don't go to ASDA then. Wink

But like I said we only park there when we only need to get 1 or 2 items.
Emily-Jane.
Jackass
Emily-Jane.
February 6th, 2006 at 04:15am
i think irs rude to park in handicapped parking spaces if your not disacbled...discusting
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 6th, 2006 at 07:18am
the only person who can enforce parking is the police and the traffic wardens but if the traffic wardens move you on you can bet your ass you werent suppose to be there anyway.
Anneka-Rice
Geek
Anneka-Rice

Blog
February 6th, 2006 at 11:35am
I heard that this middle aged guy went to a supermarket with his disabled Mum and there was no disabled parking spaces free so, he parked in the parent and child space. A few days later he got a fine for parking in the parent and child space.
So he wrote a letter to the court people saying that he was with his Mum and he is his Mothers child, wich means that they cannot fine him.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 6th, 2006 at 11:39am
Freakish-Delight:
I heard that this middle aged guy went to a supermarket with his disabled Mum and there was no disabled parking spaces free so, he parked in the parent and child space. A few days later he got a fine for parking in the parent and child space.
So he wrote a letter to the court people saying that he was with his Mum and he is his Mothers child, wich means that they cannot fine him.

sounds like some one is a jobs worth. But however ASDA can have people fined for parking in child and mother spaces even if thye are disabled. I do howevr have a problem when disabled drivers think that they're badge entitles them to park on double yellow lines and on blind corners.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
February 6th, 2006 at 12:08pm
i hate people who park in disabled spots. they can fit in a normal spot and get out with ease, so why take space from someone who needs it?
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
February 6th, 2006 at 01:04pm
My parent tends to use them, they're nearest to where we want to go.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
February 6th, 2006 at 01:26pm
PanicOfBeliever:

so if you end up in a wheelchair, you wont mind if all the disabled spots are taken and you have to stumble out of your car?
the madcap laughs
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the madcap laughs
February 6th, 2006 at 02:19pm
auh-buh-cuh-s:
PanicOfBeliever:

so if you end up in a wheelchair, you wont mind if all the disabled spots are taken and you have to stumble out of your car?

Oh come on, don't be so melodramatic.

Sure, I've parked in a disabled space...as a last resort, and when I'm not staying for long. If ever a disabled person needed to use the space, then I'd give it up for them, as I'm sure most would...no big deal. Just lay off
SARAnade
SARAnade
February 6th, 2006 at 03:33pm
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
LovesBillieJoe:

Whyyy?

i dont either i have had 3 kids and we parked away from the store all the time but i wanted to walk and i wouldnt let anyone wrap me up in cotton wool anyway

ya but its still illegal to park in a "customer with child" space...if your not "with child"... and i guess it can be a pain to get in and out of your car if your pregnant...i wouldnt know though Confused
SARAnade
SARAnade
February 6th, 2006 at 03:34pm
tre_cool_is_god:
LovesBillieJoe:

glad your fealing better.

i hate it when people park in mothr and child spaces its a pain in the ass to get a baby out of the car while its raining likewise getting a disabled person out of the car in the rain

thanks Very Happy
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 6th, 2006 at 03:42pm
LovesBillieJoe:
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
LovesBillieJoe:

Whyyy?

ya but its still illegal to park in a "customer with child" space...if your not "with child"... and i guess it can be a pain to get in and out of your car if your pregnant...i wouldnt know though Confused

yes it can be a pain but you work around it, also when your heavily pregnant say about 8 months your not suppose to be driving anyway. Well that is what my Dr told me.
the17th-minority
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
the17th-minority
February 6th, 2006 at 04:51pm
I can't drive so I don't. And my mom and dad don't either. They like to walk to the store.
$PERB$
Idiot
$PERB$
February 6th, 2006 at 05:07pm
my maserati does 185
they took my license
and now i dont drive
but when i used to i parked in the expectant mothers spot and disabled persons spot and in front of fire hydrants and i doubled park at the old folks home at least 10 times a day...
but in L.A. none of those things r crimes so its cool...
Register