Do you or your parents park in disabled/handicapped spaces?

AuthorMessage
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
January 5th, 2007 at 10:17pm
My dad does.
But its fair enough, his legs and back are FUCKED.

My dad has a permit from the government saying he can park in the spots tho, so chyeah..
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
January 6th, 2007 at 03:06pm
yeah they do every now and then but i do think that they make to much disabeled spaces, i mean whenever the parking lots are full the disabled spaces are still empty
DragingIntoTheLite
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
DragingIntoTheLite
January 6th, 2007 at 03:09pm
Nope...they don't or at least I think. Think
Roisin-Marie
King For A Couple Of Days
Roisin-Marie

Blog
January 7th, 2007 at 04:29pm
nope...and they complain when they see people who do and dont have those wee disability stickers.my dad said he'd love to be one of those people who clamp cars for that xD

my granda has one of those stickers, a bad back and leg (which is partially my fault :/ ) he can hardly walk.yet he still doesnt let anyone(the driver) park in a diabled spot
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 8th, 2007 at 07:44am
spam:
Lucifers Angel:
spam:
if people are that disabled they wouldnt be driving.... they can walk abit, but no my mum or dad dont park in 'em coz were nice people and dont wana piss anyone off. Wink

i ahve 2 disabled kids, they are to young to drive so should they're dad not drive them about?

i think its awful when an able bodied person parks in a space that is for disabled people, because they dont want to get they're asses wet while they walk to the shop.

no i didnt mean that, some people who a genuinly disabled i dont have a problem with im saying the people who aren't like people with walking sticks.
(I didnt mean to offend you, i hope i didnt) Smile

no you didnt, i am just protective of my kids and they're disabilities,sure they can walk, run and ride bikes but they are mentally disabled and that can be one of the worse disabilities to have because people think that your screwing the goverment but your not, all because you se poeple park in disabilitie places who can walk doesnt mean they'e not ill.

and again no you didnt offend me i just thought you meant that disabled people shouldnt be driving.
spam
Jackass
spam
January 8th, 2007 at 11:33am
Lucifers Angel:
spam:
Lucifers Angel:
spam:
if people are that disabled they wouldnt be driving.... they can walk abit, but no my mum or dad dont park in 'em coz were nice people and dont wana piss anyone off. Wink

i ahve 2 disabled kids, they are to young to drive so should they're dad not drive them about?

i think its awful when an able bodied person parks in a space that is for disabled people, because they dont want to get they're asses wet while they walk to the shop.

no i didnt mean that, some people who a genuinly disabled i dont have a problem with im saying the people who aren't like people with walking sticks.
(I didnt mean to offend you, i hope i didnt) Smile

no you didnt, i am just protective of my kids and they're disabilities,sure they can walk, run and ride bikes but they are mentally disabled and that can be one of the worse disabilities to have because people think that your screwing the goverment but your not, all because you se poeple park in disabilitie places who can walk doesnt mean they'e not ill.

and again no you didnt offend me i just thought you meant that disabled people shouldnt be driving.

no i didnt mean that Smile
and im sorry to hear about your kids. x
Lyn-Z
Geek
Lyn-Z
January 15th, 2007 at 10:17pm
My sister is handicap, my parents only park in the reserved places if we have her in the car.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 15th, 2007 at 10:35pm
My parents have never done it. And I have never done it. But when I see people park in handicap spaces, I get pissed. I don't know anyone that is handicapped, but I don't think it's right to do it anyway. One time I was looking for somewhere to park my car and I saw a handicapped space, but I didn't park there b/c I knew it wasn't ment for me. After I found another space and parked there, I was walking into the store and I saw this woman parking there. I was thinking, "You are not handcapped." Even though she wasn't out of the car yet. And then she got out, but I was right. She wasn't handicapped. She looked as healthy as can be. She got her little kids out of the car. I was pissed that she did that.
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
January 15th, 2007 at 11:17pm
If a car is parked a in handicapp spot (in the USA) and they do not have a permit hanging from their mirror OR a special license plate than write down the plate number and give it to the customer service oh the store or call the police. It's a big fine to park illegally in those spots.

For the record I park there but I have a permit as does my husband, mother AND grandfather.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
January 16th, 2007 at 12:27am
My mother does, but I yell at her for it.

The spots are there for people who need them, not for us to monopolize because we're lazy.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
January 16th, 2007 at 03:02pm
My parents never park in disabled parking spots. If no other spot is open, we park a little further away. If youre capable of walking to the store even if it means you have to walk a little longer, i dont see why you would park in a parking spot reserved for disabled people.
Blank_blank
Geek
Blank_blank
January 23rd, 2007 at 04:39am
I dont park in handicapped spots, besides the fact thats theres a fine for it, it just never occurred to me. Probably because my parents never did either... I have never seen a lift thats specifically for people with disabilities, so i have no problem with using them if i dont want to take the stairs for some reason, also they can be used by more then one person at a time, wheelchair or not.
spam
Jackass
spam
January 26th, 2007 at 12:28pm
haha at a shopping centre near where i live if you park in a disabled place they put a flyer on your windscreen saying 'Im not disabled just ignorant and very selfish' haha i found that funny x x x
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 27th, 2007 at 09:51am
spam:
haha at a shopping centre near where i live if you park in a disabled place they put a flyer on your windscreen saying 'Im not disabled just ignorant and very selfish' haha i found that funny x x x

what they should do is stick clamps on your wheels and have to pay a fine to have the car moved, and if you dont pay it you will have your car towed away and given 3 weeks to pay it and then if you dont your car could then be scrapped. (that whats they do if you park on double yellow lines or are causing an obstruction)
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
January 27th, 2007 at 12:11pm
Nope, they are dead against it.
I can't stand when people miss-use the pass/plate/sticker though, like they took their grandma's car and park in the handicap becasue they have a the mirror pass.
Pos
Geek
Pos
January 28th, 2007 at 11:15am
when im with them defiantly not, i would slap them silly if they did, and if i ever find out if they do when im not there i will proably make them disabled do they would have to Evil or Very Mad
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 30th, 2007 at 08:07am
We don't have handicapped spaces in Thailand.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
January 30th, 2007 at 08:14am
It really annoys me when people do that. ESPECIALLY when people use someone else's badge, which is sort of like, planned lazieness and selfishness. I could understand if it was an emergency and there were plenty of disabled spaces but no normal spaces then POSSIBLY.

But at somewhere like tescos I think it's just stupid and selfish. If I ever see anyone getting out their car who isn't disabled but in a disabled space I'll always say loudly to whoever I'm with "Funny how disabled people can walk these days."
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 30th, 2007 at 08:18am
Anji:
We don't have handicapped spaces in Thailand.
Come to think of it, a while ago when I went to the hospital I didn't see any handicapped spaces either, but then all the spaces were taken. lmfao I ended up triple parking. The guard told me to manuver the wheels straight so they could push my car if someone needed to get out. Yeah, Thailand.
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
January 30th, 2007 at 09:43am
Just bear in mind that a disablity isn't always visible. My husband's is for his Fibromyalgia, he doesn't 'look' disabled.
Register