Do you or your parents park in disabled/handicapped spaces?

AuthorMessage
IxAmxMe
Geek
IxAmxMe

Blog
September 20th, 2006 at 08:37pm
My dad has cerebral palsy, so he parks 'gymp' all the time.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
September 21st, 2006 at 04:34am
there isnt a good excuse for able bodied people to park in disabled spaces, people with children will gernerally park in mother and child spaces when they go shopping, is it right that disabled people should walk to far because some one has taken up a space that they need?

I was shopping with my children one day and a guy parked his BMW in a disabled space and when i asked him to move he said that all he was doing was using the cash machine and i said that he could walk my children cant walk to far without being a danger to themselfs and people around them, and he said tough my children should be in a nursing home if they are a danger to people, my blood boiled. and i had to walk away.
Kizza ere!
Geek
Kizza ere!
October 8th, 2006 at 11:44am
yea loads its well funny cause my dad got banged up in a cell once for it lol it was funny Laughing
Remarkable Rocket
Falling In Love With The Board
Remarkable Rocket
October 8th, 2006 at 12:57pm
When my daddy lived in appartments.. we would always park in the farthest spot back.. so the elderly could park in the closer spots.
I love CHURTLES!!
Geek
I love CHURTLES!!
January 3rd, 2007 at 09:57pm
The only time my mom does is if we're driving my grandma around
she's 89
the sign was meant for my grandpa because he had a fake knee and such
but he died in September
Verbatim.
Verbatim.
January 4th, 2007 at 12:14pm
Treatment Bound.:
When my daddy lived in appartments.. we would always park in the farthest spot back.. so the elderly could park in the closer spots.

That's very responsible!

Well done your dad Up
spam
Jackass
spam
January 4th, 2007 at 12:18pm
if people are that disabled they wouldnt be driving.... they can walk abit, but no my mum or dad dont park in 'em coz were nice people and dont wana piss anyone off. Wink
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 4th, 2007 at 01:21pm
spam:
if people are that disabled they wouldnt be driving.... they can walk abit, but no my mum or dad dont park in 'em coz were nice people and dont wana piss anyone off. Wink
Yes they would. The technology you can put in cars today is amazing. You don't even need feet to drive, if you get it specially costomized. And it's not like they don't go out. Some have drivers.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 4th, 2007 at 02:14pm
spam:

That doesn't mean people with disabled family and friends can't drive, though.
spam
Jackass
spam
January 5th, 2007 at 11:07am
Bloodraine:
spam:

That doesn't mean people with disabled family and friends can't drive, though.

yeh thats true but still loadsa people go down to the supermarket and park in those space, get out of their car and get a walking stick out. They dont really need those sticker things they give out to disabled people, fair enough if the person is in a weelchair coz they are phisically disabled, but walking stick people are'nt that needy.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 5th, 2007 at 11:41am
spam:

i ahve 2 disabled kids, they are to young to drive so should they're dad not drive them about?

i think its awful when an able bodied person parks in a space that is for disabled people, because they dont want to get they're asses wet while they walk to the shop.
spam
Jackass
spam
January 5th, 2007 at 11:59am
Lucifers Angel:
spam:

i ahve 2 disabled kids, they are to young to drive so should they're dad not drive them about?

i think its awful when an able bodied person parks in a space that is for disabled people, because they dont want to get they're asses wet while they walk to the shop.

no i didnt mean that, some people who a genuinly disabled i dont have a problem with im saying the people who aren't like people with walking sticks.
(I didnt mean to offend you, i hope i didnt) Smile
ren
Idiot
ren
January 5th, 2007 at 12:46pm
i think its wrong to park in a handicapped parking spot, my only gripe is that now a days obesity is causing health problems for people. So instead of losing weight and such they become handicapped. i dont think obesity an excuse. i know it sounds cruel but its true, my uncle is too overweight to have surgery and refuses t o lose weight so hes "handicapped" and recieves the priveleges that come with it. I wouldnt wish handicaps on anyone but we are also responisible for ourselves to some degree.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 5th, 2007 at 01:45pm
spam:
yeh thats true but still loadsa people go down to the supermarket and park in those space, get out of their car and get a walking stick out. They dont really need those sticker things they give out to disabled people, fair enough if the person is in a weelchair coz they are phisically disabled, but walking stick people are'nt that needy.

My gran has a disabled sticker, but I don't think she uses it, she can't even drive and she's too proud anyway Think
I don't know what its for, she has two plastic hips so I'm guessing that, unless they give out stickers to the partially deaf.

Anyway my point is, for some points in the past month I've been unable to walk without being pumped full of painkillers, so walking isn't always as easy as it seems XD
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
January 5th, 2007 at 03:06pm
There is a sing next to park places for disabled people in my town that says: If you take my parking place do you take my handicap too?

That sing always makes me very sad especially when I see people just ignoring it. My dad never parks in the space for handicapped people because as far as I know because when he is driving with me, he knows I am very sensitive about those things, but I know he wouldn't do it even if I wasn't with him.

Around my building there aren't any marked spaces for handicapped people anyway which makes me sad too, there should be more of them, but people don't respect them.
suzie_k
suzie_k
January 5th, 2007 at 03:19pm
No, my 'rents are good like that.
I always have to say something to people that do it.
I tell them that they are selfish and inconsiderate.
Then they say, "Well it's really none of your business."
And I say "Actually it is.
I am a citizen of this country and there for shall not have you parking in spaces clearly marked for disabled people."

Then they give you the "Well you're not disabled so why do you care" so I continue on at them until they get flustered
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
January 5th, 2007 at 03:39pm
suzie_k:
I am a citizen of this country and there for shall not have you parking in spaces clearly marked for disabled people."

Then they give you the "Well you're not disabled so why do you care" so I continue on at them until they get flustered
Thats one of the problems. You aren't disabled so why do you care? I'm not disabled so why would I care? Thats a bad approach.
suzie_k
suzie_k
January 5th, 2007 at 03:45pm
Bittersweet vivisect ants:
suzie_k:

Thats one of the problems. You aren't disabled so why do you care? I'm not disabled so why would I care? Thats a bad approach.

Well I tell them the reasons I care.
And those reasons are that
1) I have 2 aunts that have MS. I have been out with both of them and there is NEVER a free Disabled spot.
And
2) Had my brother lived he would be disabled and I think if he were here and my mam had to drive round to the arsehole of nowhere I'd be really pissed off.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
January 5th, 2007 at 03:57pm
No, never. Neutral

They are for disabled people and that's it..
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
January 5th, 2007 at 05:43pm
No my dad doesnt and he tend to park further away to avoid getting his car messed up by a shopping cart.

besides he is too cheap to pay the ticket anyway
Register