Do you or your parents park in disabled/handicapped spaces?

AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
April 16th, 2007 at 12:17pm
what i cant understand is why when i cross over the bridge to wales we dont have to pay because my son is disabled, but someone who is able bodied has to pay?? surely being disabled doesnt affect your ability to pay toll fees and parking fees?
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
April 16th, 2007 at 03:20pm
Lucifers Angel:
what i cant understand is why when i cross over the bridge to wales we dont have to pay because my son is disabled, but someone who is able bodied has to pay?? surely being disabled doesnt affect your ability to pay toll fees and parking fees?

If you are disabled then you may not be able to work, and would be living on disability benefits. That would obviously apply more to disabled adults, but you can't separated disabled people even further, otherwise it all becomes very messy.

Nothing to complain about though, surely?
bratbassist
Idiot
bratbassist
April 16th, 2007 at 05:03pm
Yes,
Because my dad is disabled.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 16th, 2007 at 06:01pm
No.
But my mom says that my grandpa parked in them when her disabled mother wasn't with them and she hated it.
BeachBum
Geek
BeachBum

Blog
April 20th, 2007 at 09:13pm
No my parents do not park in the HC parking but I wish it was legal so we don't have to walk so damn far to get to the store.

Death Kiss
Beware of me...I'm deadly
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 20th, 2007 at 09:21pm
Crazed_Punk:
No my parents do not park in the HC parking but I wish it was legal so we don't have to walk so damn far to get to the store.

And then the handicapped people can take all the parking in the back?
So you don't have to walk your ass twenty extra feet?
Why the fuck is everyone so lazy?
You don't need the spot, they do, get over it.
What's the point of handicapped parking if anyone can park there?
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
April 21st, 2007 at 01:17am
Crazed_Punk:

Uh, Druscilla has already said it, but I agree with what she said. Disabled people can't always walk as far as us. I mean, my nana cant walk very far at all. If some lazy person such as yourself is parking in a handicapped parking spot, just because they can't be bothered to walk a little bit further, we might have to go home, just because walking is very difficult for her. As it is, we have to spend most of the day at the shops sitting down, because she can't walk for a long time.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 22nd, 2007 at 01:38am
I think if the parking lot is like empty and it's two in the morning, parking in a handicapped spot isn't isn't that bad, like. Then again, maybe not the handicapped spot, but in no spot at all, at the front of the store.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 22nd, 2007 at 01:46am
Has anyone seen the movie Inside I'm Dancing with James McAvoy, my favourite Scottish actor.

Anyway, it's set in Dublin and McAvoy plays a paralysed person who tries so hard to ignore this fact and lead a normal life with his friend even though it is impossible. It's very amusing and sometimes very depressing, but it's just beautiful. Sometimes the handicapped don't want special treatment, sometimes they want to be 'normal'. I'd like to refer to another example in entertainment, in the ever popular show, House M.D., Dr. House embraces the few advantages of being handicapped and sometimes uses his handicap as an advantage, but also he tries to be a normal person, not your typical handicapped person who appreciates life because they wouldn't rather be dead. Similar to McAvoys's character. It's almost some taboo where we don't discuss people's handicaps as well and it not only applies here but also with racism. Sometimes people turn away from blacks, other times people treat them with specialities. Well, maybe they just want to be treated normally, with respect.
Vanity
Vanity
April 22nd, 2007 at 02:55am
Anji:
Has anyone seen the movie Inside I'm Dancing with James McAvoy, my favourite Scottish actor.

Anyway, it's set in Dublin and McAvoy plays a paralysed person who tries so hard to ignore this fact and lead a normal life with his friend even though it is impossible. It's very amusing and sometimes very depressing, but it's just beautiful. Sometimes the handicapped don't want special treatment, sometimes they want to be 'normal'. I'd like to refer to another example in entertainment, in the ever popular show, House M.D., Dr. House embraces the few advantages of being handicapped and sometimes uses his handicap as an advantage, but also he tries to be a normal person, not your typical handicapped person who appreciates life because they wouldn't rather be dead. Similar to McAvoys's character. It's almost some taboo where we don't discuss people's handicaps as well and it not only applies here but also with racism. Sometimes people turn away from blacks, other times people treat them with specialities. Well, maybe they just want to be treated normally, with respect.

OMGyes I love that movie! But in America it's called 'Rory O'Shea was Here'. And in it, he's not paralyzed, he actually is supposed to have duchenne muscular dystrophy. A family friend and my best friend's brother both had the disease, and yeah, they didn't like having special treatment. They were very much like Rory was in the film.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 22nd, 2007 at 05:19am
Vanity:
Anji:

OMGyes I love that movie! But in America it's called 'Rory O'Shea was Here'. And in it, he's not paralyzed, he actually is supposed to have duchenne muscular dystrophy. A family friend and my best friend's brother both had the disease, and yeah, they didn't like having special treatment. They were very much like Rory was in the film.
Well, he can't move, that's the point. Yeah, awesome movie. I like the UK title better. I love the dance scene, I get all teary, like, at least he's trying, you know?
Sylar
Falling In Love With The Board
Sylar
April 25th, 2007 at 09:52pm
I'll only do it at like... One in the morning and stuff when there are loads of the disabled spaces free and I'm only going to be 5 minutes or something. Otherwise yeah, I feel lazy and guilty haha
EvilGiraffe!
Addict
EvilGiraffe!

Blog
August 3rd, 2007 at 02:12pm
My Dad does..but only because my Mum is disabled.

I think it's really unfair to take something from someone who needs it more than you.

For example, my Aunt came out of hospital and she got given a disabled badge as a temporary mesure..but now, three years later she's still using it when she doesn't need it.

It's just so rude!!
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 4th, 2007 at 09:23pm
OK, one thing I feel reeeeally really bad about is using handicapped lavatories. In the mall or in the hospital, I can never use them, only under extreme conditions, it always makes me feel extremely guilty even though, I've never even seen a handicapped person in a public bathroom before in my life. When the day comes, I just would like them to know, yes, I did do the right thing, and I did save that handicapped cubicle just for you.

Only in emergencies have I used the handicapped lavatory, and when I was about to open the door, I prayed there wasn't a handicapped person waiting behind it, I'd die of embarressment.
Billie's Willie
Billie's Willie

Mibba Blog
August 6th, 2007 at 12:39am
I've parked in a handicapped parking space outside of a gas station one time before. But I didn't know it was a handicapped spot because the blue sign that's usually painted on the ground wore off. Once I realized it was a handicapped spot (after about a minute), I moved. I felt bad about that.

My sister does take advantage of the expecting mothers parking spots in front of Babies R' Us and baby stores...even if she was only a couple weeks along. I consider those spots for the expecting mothers that have big pregnant bellies and about to pop. I wouldn't park in one of those until I was like at least 7 months along. I dunno.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 6th, 2007 at 02:41am
Billie's Willie:

My sister does take advantage of the expecting mothers parking spots in front of Babies R' Us and baby stores...even if she was only a couple weeks along. I consider those spots for the expecting mothers that have big pregnant bellies and about to pop. I wouldn't park in one of those until I was like at least 7 months along. I dunno.

I remember when my mom was pregnant a few years ago, she was going to park in one of those spots and someone zipped in front of her and got it. Well, it would have been cool or whatever...except a man (just a man) got out of the car. So my mom rolled down her window and she was all " Finger SO HOW FAR ALONG ARE YOU, JACKASS?" and I was like MOM DON'T MAKE A SCENE, and the guy just kept walking and shes like "FROM THE LOOKS OF IT, I'D SAY 9 MONTHS." lmfao he ended up walking back and moving his car. Then my mom drove right by the spot and I was like what are you doing and she said she didn't want that spot anymore lmfao
Crazy pregnant lady..
Billie's Willie
Billie's Willie

Mibba Blog
August 6th, 2007 at 02:55am
Kurtni:
Billie's Willie:

I remember when my mom was pregnant a few years ago, she was going to park in one of those spots and someone zipped in front of her and got it. Well, it would have been cool or whatever...except a man (just a man) got out of the car. So my mom rolled down her window and she was all " Finger SO HOW FAR ALONG ARE YOU, JACKASS?" and I was like MOM DON'T MAKE A SCENE, and the guy just kept walking and shes like "FROM THE LOOKS OF IT, I'D SAY 9 MONTHS." lmfao he ended up walking back and moving his car. Then my mom drove right by the spot and I was like what are you doing and she said she didn't want that spot anymore lmfao
Crazy pregnant lady..
lmfao..that sounds like something I'd do though...saying I changed my mind. Shifty
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 6th, 2007 at 02:47pm
Oh, it's not your mum's fault, it;s just those pregnancy hormones.

At least there's always that excuse to make up for he crapiness of getting pregnant. I could get off of anything with that. Meg
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
August 23rd, 2007 at 07:31am
Flaming Phalanges!:
Lucifers Angel:

If you are disabled then you may not be able to work, and would be living on disability benefits. That would obviously apply more to disabled adults, but you can't separated disabled people even further, otherwise it all becomes very messy.

Nothing to complain about though, surely?

HAHAHA. Then disabled people shouldn't complain when some one parks in their oh-so-precious parking spots. Smile
Keep in mind, if you're disabled, you can get money from the government, for doing nothing.

I really don't care if you're disabled or not.
If you're choosing to go out into public, then you should be treated like EVERYONE else. Regardless of anything.
Men, women, handicapped, retarded, skin color...it doesn't matter.
You're being lazy as well if you're disabled and not willing to park somewhere else. You don't have to do much of anything when you're disabled, in comparison to other people, so why would you complain when you have to walk/roll a little way?
You're old, it 'hurts' a lot more to walk that extra 100 feet? You should probably stay at home, or go to therapy or something.
Having A Green Day
Jackass
Having A Green Day
September 3rd, 2007 at 08:51am
Its Horrible How People Can Do That Those Spaces Are Made For Disabled People ONLY! I Used To Know DIsabled People And Everytime Me And My Dad See Someone In A DIsabled Parking Space WHo Is Not Disabled We Go And Yell At Them ^_^
Register