Banach95

Mibba Blog
August 4th, 2006 at 01:35am
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
August 4th, 2006 at 01:50am
I was going into detail about the surge of non-GD stories, which is a TREND.

I was going explain what I was trying to do and ask if there was anything wrong with non-GD on here.

Rolling Eyes

Yeah, the editors thing was...
Banach95
King For A Couple Of Days
Banach95

Mibba Blog
August 4th, 2006 at 01:54am
Handguns For Hearts:

I was going explain what I was trying to do and ask if there was anything wrong with non-GD on here.

Rolling Eyes

no one is hollering at you HFH Wink

You'll are fine Smile
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 4th, 2006 at 08:00am
Handguns For Hearts:

Rolling Eyes

i agree. all of a sudden, everyone's writing non GD stories, and most of them suck. they're like "my life story" or "what two mundane little girls did on summer vacation". and you really have to pick through them to find the good ones. and HFH, might I suggest putting Waiting to Exhale on fictionpress.net? some of the stories there are really good.
Hubert Elleson
Geek
Hubert Elleson
August 4th, 2006 at 02:26pm
At one point there was that craze in writing stuff about Billie or Tre adopting a son/daughter.

I quit writing mine, because I didn't want to be one of those many stories.
Snooty
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
August 4th, 2006 at 02:54pm
Then be original. Write a good story! Break away from the crowd. There's a lot of Blink 182 and My Chemical Romance stuff on here too and I don't understand why.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
August 5th, 2006 at 01:05am
Is ANYONE capable of writing a cutting story that ISN'T crappy and cliche?! omgno
Banach95
King For A Couple Of Days
Banach95

Mibba Blog
August 5th, 2006 at 01:38am
Handguns For Hearts:
Is ANYONE capable of writing a cutting story that ISN'T crappy and cliche?! omgno

yes...

you and some others Wink
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
August 5th, 2006 at 01:35pm
Handguns For Hearts:

What are you saying? Confused

Laughing
Kimsex
Addict
Kimsex

Mibba
August 5th, 2006 at 03:47pm
Handguns For Hearts:

Yes, you just have to pick through all the shit Wink
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
August 5th, 2006 at 04:40pm
Pickle:
Handguns For Hearts:

Laughing

I mean a story where someone cuts and it's not all OMG i'm so depressed so i should cut! and that's it. Rolling Eyes

I think it's possible to write a story like that that is deep and understandable...and well written...

Dno
Kimsex
Addict
Kimsex

Mibba
August 5th, 2006 at 05:04pm
Handguns For Hearts:
Pickle:
Handguns For Hearts:

Laughing

I mean a story where someone cuts and it's not all OMG i'm so depressed so i should cut! and that's it. Rolling Eyes

I think it's possible to write a story like that that is deep and understandable...and well written...

Dno

Well, A Note Don't Come Easy is kinda like that... Think

Personally, I don't go looking for those kind of stories because cutting grosses me out (I'm completely afraid of blades) *shudders*

But I know what you mean, It's the same with stories that contain abuse. But i guess its hard to write about somthing like if you've never experienced it. So maybe thats why most of it sucks so much.
Dno
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
August 5th, 2006 at 11:37pm
Kimberlane:
Handguns For Hearts:
Pickle:
Handguns For Hearts:

Laughing

Dno

Well, A Note Don't Come Easy is kinda like that... Think

Personally, I don't go looking for those kind of stories because cutting grosses me out (I'm completely afraid of blades) *shudders*

But I know what you mean, It's the same with stories that contain abuse. But i guess its hard to write about somthing like if you've never experienced it. So maybe thats why most of it sucks so much.
Dno

I was being sarcastic. I wasn't for real! Smile Wink
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 6th, 2006 at 10:16am
I think another problem people have with writing stories is getting their ideas in an order. someone go read "Here's Your Letter".

I read through the entire thing. It is by far the most confusing thing I've ever read, including my economics textbook. It starts out totally supernatural, and then just gets confusing-er and confusing-er.

Don't get me wrong, it was a really fresh idea. and it had a lot to do with MCR. like, the main character was Frank Iero's sister. and stuff.

but its definitely unclear at a lot of stages. so, people need to have both and original idea and the ability to present it clearly. which is really lacking for the most part on GSB.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 6th, 2006 at 10:21am
Hubert Elleson:
At one point there was that craze in writing stuff about Billie or Tre adopting a son/daughter.

I quit writing mine, because I didn't want to be one of those many stories.
Snooty

some of them are good. The "If you thought being adopted was bogus" story started out really good until it just jumped into the future instead of ending nicely. thats another trend. a lot of stories become soap operas. and i don't mean like dramatic and awesome and everyone's waiting for the next part (*cough* HMD *cough*), but more like, the end of the story comes, so they just put in something else and progress the story forever until it has nothing to do with the original story. and then they make sequels that are stupider.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
August 7th, 2006 at 02:59am
Yeah...

Is it an absolute disgrace to submit a non-GD story? Rolling Eyes

I badly want to continue and it really nags me that people have a problem with it. Asking why these kinds of stories are on a GD site is like asking why black people are walking around in a white community. There's no harm in diversity. Dno

And I plan to get the story published. (some day) Think

[we should have a seperate forum for stories like these...]
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 7th, 2006 at 06:00am
A Melancholy Autumn:
Yeah...

Is it an absolute disgrace to submit a non-GD story? Rolling Eyes

I badly want to continue and it really nags me that people have a problem with it. Asking why these kinds of stories are on a GD site is like asking why black people are walking around in a white community. There's no harm in diversity. Dno

And I plan to get the story published. (some day) Think

[we should have a seperate forum for stories like these...]

thats totally fine. I mean, for my story Fallen (yeah I'm obsessed with it) I want to get it published some day. There's two versions. A non GD version which will become way more intense. and a GD version, which I post on the site and plan to tone down a little at the big scary murder strango parts.

and yeah...we should...
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
August 12th, 2006 at 03:20am
I'm sick of seeing so many stories that boring and undescriptive. You know what I mean? Things just get straight to the point. No clever way to build up to it, nothing.

But of course, I have no room to talk. Rolling Eyes

Where has all the talent gone?

Apparently, I'm still searching for [more of] it.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 12th, 2006 at 03:58am
A Melancholy Autumn:
I'm sick of seeing so many stories that boring and undescriptive. You know what I mean? Things just get straight to the point. No clever way to build up to it, nothing.

Read Billie Joe and The Other Woman. Boring,boring,boring. I mean, the author was pretty good with grammar and all, but I was tempted to delete it. I think the author has a link to it in the thread for it.

There was no build up. nothing . "Their food came. They ate and talked about stuff. They left". Rolling Eyes I swear to god, it said almost exactly that.
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
August 12th, 2006 at 09:17am
lyrical_gaah52:
A Melancholy Autumn:

Read Billie Joe and The Other Woman. Boring,boring,boring. I mean, the author was pretty good with grammar and all, but I was tempted to delete it. I think the author has a link to it in the thread for it.

There was no build up. nothing . "Their food came. They ate and talked about stuff. They left". Rolling Eyes I swear to god, it said almost exactly that.
Yeah but at the same time if the author is vacating this board, which she does, your comments could be registered as hurtful.

I don't think we should be directly pointing fingers at any one story.

And don't ever delete because you think the story is boring. That's not a reason to do so.
Register