Story Trends

AuthorMessage
Reality Is Due
Post Whore
Reality Is Due

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 07:42pm
Pickle:

You're right when fanfiction is not just for Green Day but this is a GD site and the stories should pertain to what the site is about. However, it would be cool to have a section for other stories because GD isn't the only thing we discuss here. Hopefully this new storyboard will have a better environment for it.

I stand by it when I say that the fanfiction here should be Green Day but I think it would be cool if we had a section for non-GD fiction because I have a lot of that too.

Agreed.

Like I mentioned before,I want to pursure a career as a writer and hopefully the new GSB will have a non-GD stories section because that will give me a chance to play around with writing more as well as see what creativity a lot of the great authors there are on this site.
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
July 13th, 2006 at 07:46pm
I just don't post the non-GD ones' I write. I don't show anyone either.

It would be good to have a section for non-GD storie's. It gives people room to expand when writing.
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 07:50pm
Reality Is Due:
Pickle:

You're right when fanfiction is not just for Green Day but this is a GD site and the stories should pertain to what the site is about. However, it would be cool to have a section for other stories because GD isn't the only thing we discuss here. Hopefully this new storyboard will have a better environment for it.

I stand by it when I say that the fanfiction here should be Green Day but I think it would be cool if we had a section for non-GD fiction because I have a lot of that too.

Agreed.

Like I mentioned before,I want to pursure a career as a writer and hopefully the new GSB will have a non-GD stories section because that will give me a chance to play around with writing more as well as see what creativity a lot of the great authors there are on this site.
If I may cut into your conversation briefly.
I agree with both of you. Non-GD fanfiction helps one to better themself with character developement and so forth. Where as with Green Day fanfiction your main characters are pretty much set, leaving this aspect of an author's writing skills almost void.
Banach95
King For A Couple Of Days
Banach95

Mibba Blog
July 13th, 2006 at 08:02pm
HavingAGreenDay:
Reality Is Due:
Pickle:

Agreed.

I agree with both of you. Non-GD fanfiction helps one to better themself with character developement and so forth. Where as with Green Day fanfiction your main characters are pretty much set, leaving this aspect of an author's writing skills almost void.

Great point Rose...

and please join this convo anytime Very Happy
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 08:37pm
sampalletband:
HavingAGreenDay:
Reality Is Due:
Pickle:

Agreed.

Great point Rose...

Thanks dear. Very Happy
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
July 13th, 2006 at 08:46pm
You know what bothers me?

I see some stories that are absolute CRAP, yet people still vote 10s. Think

Maybe I'm a picky reader or that's their idea of what good is. Maybe it's just different tastes.

Hmmm. *ponders*
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
July 13th, 2006 at 08:57pm
Handguns For Hearts:

Maybe I'm a picky reader or that's their idea of what good is. Maybe it's just different tastes.

Hmmm. *ponders*

Cliques my dear Cliques
Kimsex
Addict
Kimsex

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 09:02pm
sampalletband:
Handguns For Hearts:

Hmmm. *ponders*

Cliques my dear Cliques

It's not just the story section that has cliques
*cough*theentireforum*cough
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
July 13th, 2006 at 09:10pm
sampalletband:
Handguns For Hearts:

Hmmm. *ponders*

Cliques my dear Cliques

Yeah but I'm not part of any clique and I get 10s in some parts I don't think deserved a 10.

I vote honestly. Sometimes I vote and don't comment because if I write what I honestly want to say I'd be insulted. Rolling Eyes
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 11:01pm
I never vote. I just review. I don't vote because. . . . I don't really know. There is no such thing as a perfect ten because there is always a mistake. Something was left out, a comma splicing a sentence. I don't think voting is very accurate either.

Cliques, I say, cliques to the above conversation and welcome to our convo HavingAGreenDay.
Reality Is Due
Post Whore
Reality Is Due

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 11:25pm
HavingAGreenDay:
Reality Is Due:
Pickle:

Agreed.

As mentioned by other people before,you can join in on the convo anytime,Up.

That's also true which is why some people don't broaden their thinking and explains why some of these trends have started with stories.

Green Day fanfics do help writers sort of learn to be creative with their skills like I have.
CristhyneS
Jackass
CristhyneS

Mibba
July 14th, 2006 at 08:25pm
sampalletband:
HavingAGreenDay:
Reality Is Due:
Pickle:

Agreed.

Great point Rose...

Exactly ^ (you got the words out of my mouth, Michelle).
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
July 14th, 2006 at 09:07pm
I dont like voting either and I'm really fussy about stories. They have to be well written and have to actually make sense.
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
July 15th, 2006 at 01:11am
Going back to people just writing their fantasies about meeting the guys backstage and having them lust and fall in love with them, I don't get it. It is so much more fun and not to mention easier to write what you know.

In every story there is a hint of my life. Something is reflecting where I'm at or where I have been. Maybe that's why I get so frustrated with crappy stories so easily, they're not personal or real on any level what so ever. Life isn't a fantasy by any means and writing ff, you have to have that element of reality because it's not straight fiction, it's a make believe story about real people or something that has real flaws and roundness to it.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
July 15th, 2006 at 01:14am
I know waht you mean.

I always find myself writing my main character or even the non-main ones with many elements of myself. I also make up a lot too, giving them characteristics I may wish I had.

I mean I've been told that the main character in my stories always sounds like me and it's not like I'm doing it on purpose. It just sorta.. comes out. I think you know what I mean. lol
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
July 15th, 2006 at 01:17am
Mmm hmm.

I personally avoid giving my OCs or any characters, for that matter, characteristics I wished I had, because then I boarderline or go beyond Mary Sue or Mary Stu. Then I get pissed at myself.

When I'm working with a real person like Adrienne or someone, I give them characteristics I think they would have just but interviews, comments, pictures, thoughts of my own, etc. I think it's worked well so far, but that's just my opinion.
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
July 15th, 2006 at 04:16am
Pickle:
Mmm hmm.

I personally avoid giving my OCs or any characters, for that matter, characteristics I wished I had, because then I boarderline or go beyond Mary Sue or Mary Stu. Then I get pissed at myself.

When I'm working with a real person like Adrienne or someone, I give them characteristics I think they would have just but interviews, comments, pictures, thoughts of my own, etc. I think it's worked well so far, but that's just my opinion.
That's all we can do as observers of these real life people we never get to spend any time with. The fact that you observe so closely by using different sources of information proves you're a good writer. Anyone else whom does their homework on the subject they're writing about is also on the paved road to becoming an excellent author.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
July 15th, 2006 at 08:30am
Also, notice how, if someone writes a crappy story, they get their friends to read their crappy story, and rate them 10's.
Because if you're the friend that rated them what it's really worth, then it's much like a blasphemy.

and thank you, Pickle.
caz_dirnt
Geek
caz_dirnt

Mibba
July 15th, 2006 at 12:59pm
I get what you're saying about new characters meeting Green Day backstage at a concert or whatever (I've lost count of how any stories I've clicked onto that start something lik "Oh my God. I can't believe we're going to the concert tonight."Wink, but 2 of mine start off in similar ways to that. I guess it's just hard to find new/believable ways of these characters meeting them. Not every story that starts off like that has to be rubbish, but no-one really gives them a chance because of that. Finding a different way of the characters to meet would be a good way of people giving it more of a chance, so I'm gonna try and do that, but, like I said, it's hard sometimes.
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
July 15th, 2006 at 01:39pm
VF Lover!:
Also, notice how, if someone writes a crappy story, they get their friends to read their crappy story, and rate them 10's.
Because if you're the friend that rated them what it's really worth, then it's much like a blasphemy.

and thank you, Pickle.

No problem my dear, I live to be honest.

And again, I point to the cliques that rule this board in every corner of it! The buddi-system, paypal, U mah gulz, whatever they want to call themselves. It stinks anyway you go.
Register