Dress codes

AuthorMessage
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
March 22nd, 2011 at 04:57pm
I never had to wear a uniform at my high school, but I do wish I had to because people always judged me on what I wore, so I felt very bad about myself for a while. Then I started going to college and nobody judged me on what I wore, but I tend to judge other people on what they wear, just girls who wear tracksuits and look like they didn't get dressed that morning.
Ensiferum
Jackass
Ensiferum

Blog
March 23rd, 2011 at 03:20pm
Both sides have their advantages and disadvantages. Our school is quite strict on how much individuality we show, sure we have to wear the normal uniform but we're not allowed to wear a jacket of a certain material because that makes it like a "hoodie" and apparently hoodies "look threatening" or they care about what shoes we wear, and whatever. Though we all still break the rules anyway, but we still stay in the usual tshirt jumper and trousers. I think uniforms are neccesary but they shouldn't make people hide all their individuality, because some people feel a little insecure that way. So if you have a basic uniform so nobody's wearing different clothes but you can add small things to your overall dress like jewellery or whatever? Because some people do get picked on or labelled for what clothes they actually wear.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
March 23rd, 2011 at 08:53pm
I got picked on for what clothes I wore because kids at my high school were all preps and I was a prep before I turned "Emo", then I realized I could just wear whatever I wanted and not care about what other people thought of me. I would just wear whatever fit my mood that day.
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
March 24th, 2011 at 04:46pm
BlahBlah. "Emo, prep, jock, blah"
I don't get picked on for my clothes.
Never have.
Don't know anyone who has.
Only kids that people don't like in general get picked on for that stuff, along with everything else.
Make a sterotype and use it, expect to be made fun of.
But this is about dress codes, not bullying on clothing.
And I agree with dress codes. unless they have something stupid in them that really isn't a big deal.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
March 24th, 2011 at 04:51pm
At my high school, we were never allowed to wear sleeveless shirts with thin straps, but girls would always wear them and nobody cared. It's the same with tube tops. I wear thin strapped shirts like camis, under a plaid shirt, but I don't wear them alone.

@Squid: You must go to a great school, then, because you must be the happiest person ever.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
March 24th, 2011 at 04:55pm
Really, after you get out of grade school, who targets people based on clothing?
It's all about how you present you're self, and personality/actions that cause people to like or dislike you.
Not 'cause you wear a certain style of clothing.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
March 24th, 2011 at 10:02pm
That's the way it works in real life, sweetie, and you don't know shit about real life. You live in your own little world where nothing can hurt you. Just you wait.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
March 25th, 2011 at 12:53am
Lololololol
Garus
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Garus
March 25th, 2011 at 05:55am
School girl outfits! =D
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
March 25th, 2011 at 01:54pm
Dana.:
That's the way it works in real life, sweetie, and you don't know shit about real life. You live in your own little world where nothing can hurt you. Just you wait.

Lol, I live in the real world everyday, all day.
Maybe I am just a bit stronger then some, and don't give a crap about little sterotypes that no one in the real world looks at.
;]
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
March 25th, 2011 at 02:29pm
I also live in the real world every day and I see people getting picked on for their clothes. Maybe you're ignorant, maybe you're just stupid, but it happens every day.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
March 25th, 2011 at 03:19pm
i'd have to agree with dana. people getting judged by what they were happens all of the time. children, teens and adults all do it (not everyone obvi) but it does happen.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
March 25th, 2011 at 04:49pm
Dana.:
I also live in the real world every day and I see people getting picked on for their clothes. Maybe you're ignorant, maybe you're just stupid, but it happens every day.

How can I even take you seriously when you talk like a child.

Sure people are judgemental based on clothing others wear. Prime reason, and what I offten see people get picked on for, uhm, no.
Okay?

Obviously if you dress trashy people aren't going to want to be around you compaired to someone well dressed. But I don't see anyone at my age making fun of any other kids because of the way they dress.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
March 25th, 2011 at 05:13pm
Okay. I am just trying to explain to you that people get picked on for what they wear every single day. I've been that person and I've seen it happen. You are the child in this situation, okay, sweetie?
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
March 25th, 2011 at 05:18pm
Reallly, is that because I don't call people stupid and ignorant when they don't agree with me?

Oh, I can cope with with being the child in that case.
Sweet heart ;]

Maybe you're just a bit scared form being picked on, and every think that maybe when people don't like someone's personality, they also pick on other things, SUCH AS their clothes just to have that much more to pick on them for?

But of course that couldn't be possible, right?
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
March 25th, 2011 at 06:27pm
squid and dana cut the condescending crap.
seriously no one is going to take your arguments seriously if they're prefaced with that.
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
March 25th, 2011 at 06:34pm
Sam Roberts:
squid and dana cut the condescending crap.
seriously no one is going to take your arguments seriously if they're prefaced with that.
well said, Erin Very Happy
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
March 25th, 2011 at 07:49pm
Sorry mom :[
(eventhoughthatsoundscondescending.)
Spelling Cunts
Banned
Spelling Cunts
March 25th, 2011 at 07:56pm
Jesus. It's only school and it's only clothes. People are going to treat you differently if you're trying to dress like a "non-conformist" or even if you're not trying. Dress whatever hell way you want to. I had a uniform in school and I never wore it right. I've had people stare but I've never had my dress sense made fun of, although at some points it looked like a 5 year old had dressed me, but generally I wear whatever's comfortable and cheap.

And for fuck's sake don't act as if because you're older it means you're smarter, it's condescending and makes you sound like a child. I've met kids who astounded me with their knowledge. I met a 7 year old who shook my hand and told me he wanted to be a scientist. When I was that age I listened to punk music and made airplane noises and wanted to be Evel Kinevil. And my friends who are in their 30's and 40's say they're constantly astounded by me. People are stupid regardless of age, race, background, or wealth.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
March 25th, 2011 at 08:25pm
^ Clap
Register