Dress codes

AuthorMessage
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
March 25th, 2011 at 09:01pm
Wearing a uniform wouldn't be good for me because I wouldn't even know what to wear when I was out of school.
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
March 25th, 2011 at 09:05pm
Why not?
You'd still have you're own taste and style...and you would wear street clothes outside of school.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
March 25th, 2011 at 09:25pm
I like dressing the way I do before I don't have a sense of style. I just wear whatever looks good that day.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
March 25th, 2011 at 09:33pm
i actually got made fun of by teachers in grade 8 because of what i wore.
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
March 26th, 2011 at 05:15am
^ That's horrible!
In my Sixth Form we have a loose 'dress code', it's meant to be stuff that you would wear for an interview (in dark colours) and the tie.
People still make fun of eachother.
FandomLocked
King For A Couple Of Days
FandomLocked
March 26th, 2011 at 10:31am
@ The Libertines
Thats just it I DON'T WANT to look the same as everyone else it would be boring and besides alot of school uniforms involve girls wearing skirts/dresses/dressy clothes which I hate I hate dressing up,if it was just school colors than I wouldn't mind it as much but I don't want to dress up. I perosnally dont care if I'm judged I'm either Punk,Goth or Emo and I'm not afraid to say that I am,because I'm me and nothing can change so that,so I'd rather just be me,and stand out of the crowd.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
March 26th, 2011 at 12:25pm
Only one teacher made fun of me when I was in high school, so I just sucked it up and then she got fired.
Spelling Cunts
Banned
Spelling Cunts
March 26th, 2011 at 12:57pm
BELLY JO.:
i actually got made fun of by teachers in grade 8 because of what i wore.

You should've made fun of what they wore back. People are going to make fun of you no matter what. It's retarded, but that's the way life is. I grew up in one of the worst neighbourhoods in my city and I got made fun of by some of the kids there for not having their accent. So I turned around and told them I'd break their teeth so they could sound different like me if they wanted. It can land you in worse trouble sometimes but if you don't back down and stand your ground people will generally respect you for it. In some situations it's plain stupid when there's like 10 kids versus you, but at least they know that although you're stupid, you have more cojones than they ever will.

God I miss 8 year old me.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
March 26th, 2011 at 01:01pm
oh i was the kid who always stood up for herself and it was good with some teachers and bad with others. i never just stood there and took being made fun of, i'd always say shit back. it's just pathetic that an adult makes fun of a child for what they wear though. my mom is actually horrible for judging people.
Spelling Cunts
Banned
Spelling Cunts
March 26th, 2011 at 01:09pm
BELLY JO.:
oh i was the kid who always stood up for herself and it was good with some teachers and bad with others. i never just stood there and took being made fun of, i'd always say shit back. it's just pathetic that an adult makes fun of a child for what they wear though. my mom is actually horrible for judging people.

Good for you. I'd do the same. Still do unless I know they're carrying a knife or are completely batshit and will attack you. It is. It shows that they're just a child themselves or have no self-confidence so they need to make fun of kids. Oh yeah I know how that is. One day I went to a photoshoot and my mom said "You're going to wear that? Don't you care about what people think about how you look?" I replied "Does it look like I give a shit? I wear what I want. Fuck them if they have nothing better to do than comment on my appearance." She was shocked. It was kind of pathetic that she considered their opinions valid.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
March 26th, 2011 at 01:32pm
A lot of adults think I'm still a teenager, so they just don't care what I wear, but I do. Sometimes, I will dress in a black shirt, a hoodie, jeans, and my Vans, sometimes, I will dress like an adult. It all depends on my mood.
Spelling Cunts
Banned
Spelling Cunts
March 26th, 2011 at 01:52pm
Frank Anthony Iero.:
A lot of adults think I'm still a teenager, so they just don't care what I wear, but I do. Sometimes, I will dress in a black shirt, a hoodie, jeans, and my Vans, sometimes, I will dress like an adult. It all depends on my mood.

The part in bold. That's completely wrong. You should never consider a type of dress "adult" you don't go through some process to become an adult. One day you wake up and you realise you are one.
I dress for the most part the same as I've always dressed. And I probably will continue to do so. I've gotten into more feminine things, but my style hasn't changed.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
March 26th, 2011 at 02:26pm
I'll just wear something my mom got me.
Spelling Cunts
Banned
Spelling Cunts
March 26th, 2011 at 02:47pm
You don't buy your own clothes?
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
March 26th, 2011 at 03:02pm
I just get to pick them out.
That's all I get to do.
the libertines.
Geek
the libertines.
March 26th, 2011 at 06:40pm
American_Minority:
@ The Libertines
Thats just it I DON'T WANT to look the same as everyone else it would be boring and besides alot of school uniforms involve girls wearing skirts/dresses/dressy clothes which I hate I hate dressing up,if it was just school colors than I wouldn't mind it as much but I don't want to dress up. I perosnally dont care if I'm judged I'm either Punk,Goth or Emo and I'm not afraid to say that I am,because I'm me and nothing can change so that,so I'd rather just be me,and stand out of the crowd.
My whole argument wasn't purely directed at you. Only some of it. What I was really referring to was the fact you said wearing a school uniform is 'the worst thing ever'. In my eyes, that's an incredibly over dramatic thing to say.

But what you wear doesn't make you 'stand out from the crowd'. Your personality is what makes you different. I think people fail to understand that people do wear the same things. Wherever you go, someone will dress like you. This whole 'I'm me, I don't look like anyone else' thing that people put on just isn't true. Of course, someone is going to like what you like and dress how you do. Personally, I'm not a fan of labelling yourself. By calling yourself 'emo', 'punk', 'goth' etc. you are throwing yourself in with many other people who also say they come under that category.

When we had to wear our uniforms, it didn't have to be dressy. Girls could wear skirts or trousers and we wore a blouse, guys wore trousers and a shirt. If I'm honest, it looks smart but we didn't look like we were dressing up.

My point, which seems to have been missed, is merely that you can express yourself in other ways rather than your clothes mainly, through your personality. Not being allowed to wear your own clothes for six hours a day, five days a week is hardly a crime really and definitely not the worst thing in the world.
Spelling Cunts
Banned
Spelling Cunts
March 26th, 2011 at 07:51pm
^ Well done.
wild at heart
Idiot
wild at heart

Blog
March 26th, 2011 at 08:40pm
I wore uniform for 8 years. Basically until I got to high school.
Honestly, I don't see the point.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
March 26th, 2011 at 09:21pm
I wouldn't have liked wearing a uniform because I like being able to express myself through my clothes and my hair.
the libertines.
Geek
the libertines.
March 27th, 2011 at 04:13am
Frank Anthony Iero.:
I wouldn't have liked wearing a uniform because I like being able to express myself through my clothes and my hair.
I think this is a point that has been addressed time and time again in this thread.
Register