Have You Ever Lost Interest In Green Day?

AuthorMessage
Ghostie.
Geek
Ghostie.

Blog
July 18th, 2006 at 11:32pm
Cigarettes And Valentines:
I think I'll like many other bands and maybe even love them..but no band can fill it's place like Green Day did.

Same here. I can explain how much I love Green Day, I'm just not obsessed with them any more. I still love them, always will, but there's other bands I like, and love.
k-contentbarrier-
Addict
k-contentbarrier-
July 19th, 2006 at 12:24am
yes. i'm tired of the long gaps of time between releasing records. (Dookie--->Insomniac=1 Year Insomniac--->Nimrod=2 yrs, Nimrod--->Warning=3 yrs, Warning--->AI=4 yrs, AI--->Next album=5 yrs? Hell no. I'm not waiting that lojng for another album. As a band, they have responsibility, and that's not to loaf around "Taking time off with our families." That's bullshit. If/when they release another album soon, i'll gain interest in them again.
razzledgirl
Jackass
razzledgirl

Mibba
July 19th, 2006 at 12:59am
not 'lost interest' just disapointed with it because of how much press they are recieving but i still luv em'
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
July 19th, 2006 at 01:11am
No, but I have only liked them for 11 months.
asthenia.
Falling In Love With The Board
asthenia.

Blog
July 19th, 2006 at 01:47am
dawnie:
This thread has proved basically everything.
It's full of teenies. You loved them while they were touring and putting out singles. Now they're not, you're losing interest. Everyone can go off a band or just change their style of music, but what i've read here is pathetic. You don't like them because of what they wear? What the hell? If it's been so easy for you to start disliking Green Day then i hope you werent one of these people claiming to be a massive fan of theirs last year. It's a sad thing if you can only like a band while they're touring and in the media.

Clap
Erin; Technophile
Post Whore
Erin; Technophile

Mibba
August 18th, 2006 at 11:23pm
Yes, but thats just how I am. I go crazy over one band; I want everything realated to them, I listen to them non-stop, and I just obsess of that band. Then I lose interest in them and start making googly eyes at the next best band. It's a vicious cycle but it's how I do things :/
Merci Pour Le Venin
Idiot
Merci Pour Le Venin
August 18th, 2006 at 11:29pm
Erin got eRaped by Jesus:
Yes, but thats just how I am. I go crazy over one band; I want everything realated to them, I listen to them non-stop, and I just obsess of that band. Then I lose interest in them and start making googly eyes at the next best band. It's a vicious cycle but it's how I do things :/
your not alone i do that too kinda
Love my insanity
Jackass
Love my insanity
August 18th, 2006 at 11:30pm
I did for about a month, because none of their songs could make me feel better anymore. But I got over that.
Garrett Hanlund
This Board Is My Home
Garrett Hanlund

Mibba Blog
August 18th, 2006 at 11:34pm
dawnie:
This thread has proved basically everything.
It's full of teenies. You loved them while they were touring and putting out singles. Now they're not, you're losing interest. Everyone can go off a band or just change their style of music, but what i've read here is pathetic. You don't like them because of what they wear? What the hell? If it's been so easy for you to start disliking Green Day then i hope you werent one of these people claiming to be a massive fan of theirs last year. It's a sad thing if you can only like a band while they're touring and in the media.
Alright. That's not true.
People's oppinions and tastes change. I've been a fan of Green Day since years before AI. I was raised on them. The fact that they are not touring has nothing to do with the fact I'm not a mega obsessed fan like over half GSB. I've gotten into different and better music in my oppinion. You were just looking for an excuse to call people "teenies" because on GSB that is the worst thing to call someone, apparently.
Okay, so I'm not mega obsessed and worship Green Day.
Big deal.
ohmygodshutyourbutt
Idiot
ohmygodshutyourbutt

Blog
August 18th, 2006 at 11:37pm
I'm losing intrest,but yet I still love them.

Like I know their songs,but don't listen to them anymore that much.

I had the urge to listen to Dookie the other night though.
DudeO
King For A Couple Of Days
DudeO

Mibba
August 18th, 2006 at 11:39pm
Nope.
heywhatnow
Falling In Love With The Board
heywhatnow

Blog
August 19th, 2006 at 12:07am
Yes. I am slowly drifting away from them.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
August 19th, 2006 at 12:17am
yes, i have ... i've started to listen to more and (IMO) better bands

BUT they will always be a part of me as i have said before ''i am partly who i am becasue of them''
Feeling It Yet?
Geek
Feeling It Yet?
August 19th, 2006 at 02:55am
i sortta was lossing interest just a few weeks ago but i got back to them just 3 days ago when i heard when i come around.
i get like that alot.
christie road
Addict
christie road
August 19th, 2006 at 02:58am
the real whatsername:
i sortta was lossing interest just a few weeks ago but i got back to them just 3 days ago when i heard when i come around.
i get like that alot.
Thats not good *saves you*
KissMyEyesAndLayMeToSleep
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
August 19th, 2006 at 03:37am
I almost died! I stoped listening to Green Day for about a month and I started to forget things about them and I pulled out their cds and my knowlodge returned.
christie road
Addict
christie road
August 19th, 2006 at 03:41am
IxlovexBilliexJoex:
I almost died! I stoped listening to Green Day for about a month and I started to forget things about them and I pulled out their cds and my knowlodge returned.
~~

The power of Green Day amazes you

DUNT IT?
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
August 19th, 2006 at 03:46am
Yesh, yesh it does. -wipes tear - amazing.
christie road
Addict
christie road
August 19th, 2006 at 04:03am
I dont listen to Green Day as much as i used to

Thats cause i dont want to get tired and im scared i might ~~

ESPEICALLY if they arent coming out with anything soon Hand

Green Day i like to think is like my religion

Its always in me/my subconious
I know it
I go by it

Plus its like a forever record player in my head so i always no im never alone ~~

EVER ~~~~~~
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
August 19th, 2006 at 04:13am
Yeah.
Happened to me.
I love them still.
Just not as much.

Im going back to the beggining.
1,039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours.
The new stuff is good.
But I have a thing about Studio Quality.
That is..
I don't like it.
Register