Have You Ever Lost Interest In Green Day?

AuthorMessage
MintyFreshGeek
Idiot
MintyFreshGeek
August 19th, 2006 at 07:59am
I did. Moved on for a bit... then starting listening to them again but not as much.
brit.
Jackass
brit.
August 19th, 2006 at 08:05am
yeah
I was into more heavy metal stuff
lasted about 2 weeks and i crawled back to them and confessed my sins...
And now i'm dedicated forever...
Very Happy
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
August 19th, 2006 at 08:07am
I still have.
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
August 19th, 2006 at 08:11am
I stopped listening to them a while ago now, because that time in my life is over. They don't make me feel good, they make me feel like poo. My losing interest is nothing to do with the media attention - my favourite band whore kids TV and the pop mags something chronic but I love them because they make me feel good. Which Green Day don't. I got rid of all my posters and packed up my Green Day stuff because they remind of me a time I'd much rather forget.
Micro Sheep
Falling In Love With The Board
Micro Sheep
August 19th, 2006 at 08:15am
i always loved them.and i still love them,i haven't lost the interest.it's kinda like an obsession.
ERIN.psychotic.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ERIN.psychotic.
August 19th, 2006 at 04:36pm
I love Green Day to death. They're my idols who inspire me in every way possible (except drug-usage) Laughing
But I will admit that in the middle of the school year, I stopped listening to them as much as I usually did. I ended up getting more into From First To Last. But then, after a month or two, I got back into Green Day.

How? I was angry, and I ended up listening to the Nimrob CD.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
August 19th, 2006 at 11:25pm
I'm not saying I don't love them, I still do. I've just gotten into other bands... Foo Fighters. I have my obsessive phasives. Right now I'm obsessed with the Foo. Green Day will always be one of my favorite bands because I can relate ot BJ's lyrics so well but musically-wise.. yeah I can say I've lost a little bit of interest in them ever since I really got into the Foo and Nirvana and Red Hot Chili Peppers etc.
Ghostie.
Geek
Ghostie.

Blog
August 19th, 2006 at 11:29pm
I didnt lose interest, I'm still a Green Day maniac, I just discovered other bands. Smile
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
August 20th, 2006 at 12:13am
I feel like I'm losing my interest very very slowly. I still love them, but everything isn't about Green Day anymore. Ok, so maybe it is, but yesterday I went to Hot Topic and I didn't buy anyhting. Usually when I go in there, I buy at least one Green Day thing. I'm sure when their new CD comes out my obsession will start up again.

Ok, so maybe it was my interest in Tre that I lost. Embarassed
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
King For A Couple Of Days
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
August 20th, 2006 at 01:31am
I haven't lost tons of interest. I just feel like I've kind of abandoned listening to them because I'm getting into so many different musicians right now.
When you're getting into different music and really discovering yourself musically, sometimes you just aren't too interested in listening to what you listened to before. At least not for the time being.
But I'll always love Green Day. Even if they do end up not being a favorite band anymore. (unlikely)
billies_little_devil
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
billies_little_devil
August 20th, 2006 at 02:03am
i guess i have, but i gotta watch bullet in a bible again..*wink*i love the song shout.i am also that 8 % of people who rock out every day.theres not many of us left.
In Pasalacqua
Geek
In Pasalacqua
August 20th, 2006 at 04:04pm
I still love Green Day as much, but I just hate how American Idiot has made their ego's explode.
Feesh
Geek
Feesh

Blog
August 20th, 2006 at 04:19pm
*cries* YES!! I HAVE!!! *bawls*
I didn't mean to.. I just.. just.. *sniff* stopped listening to them.. And stopped going to greendayauthority.com to check on updates.. and read facts about them.. *blows nose*

I guess that's what I get for overloading my brain with Green Day for about a year. ;___;

You just get naturally sick of it, yaknow?
Tom Blinks Me.
Idiot
Tom Blinks Me.
August 20th, 2006 at 04:28pm
Hell no I've never lost my interest!

.. I might've a little. The only reason I say that is because I don't listen to them everyday like I used to.

But I was watching "Decades of Rock: Elvis Costello and friends" and when I saw Billie Joe on there I flipped out.

So yeah, you can say I haven't lost my interest in Green Day. Laughing
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
August 20th, 2006 at 04:30pm
Yes...Avenged Sevenfold made me do it Sad.......

DAMN YOU M SHADOWS! DAMN YOU ALL! MUAHAHAHAHAHA Ect - *coughs*....I think you see my point...

I am planning on buning my AI album...For making them 'sell out' a little....

AND no ofence but 'Slash' made me go off them....

They are still one of my fave bands but....They teenies got them...I went to America and walked around and it was BAM! Billie Joes fucking face everywhere I turned...But I did see 924...
Indie rock and roll
Geek
Indie rock and roll
August 20th, 2006 at 04:33pm
yea I dont listen to them as much as I used to, and Im not quite as obsessed. Well, actually, Im not obsessed.
In Pasalacqua
Geek
In Pasalacqua
August 20th, 2006 at 06:13pm
that just proves how fickle and fame go hand in hand Cool
Arcane-Inamorata
King For A Couple Of Days
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
August 20th, 2006 at 06:30pm
well, in grade 6 i liked them alot but they werent my fave band, then I lost interest then in grade 8 i was obsessed, then i became obsessed with MCR and lost interest a little, then i became obsessed with Green Day again
grandma death.
Geek
grandma death.
August 20th, 2006 at 06:47pm
I don't like them that much any more...
I've been pushed away with the overplayed shitty new crap.
~black_white_mary-alice~
Geek
~black_white_mary-alice~
August 20th, 2006 at 07:11pm
Yeah last year for five months.....actually all music and the arts....it was a dark time for me....I started to fucking knit.......my heart was roken by a moron....
Register