Emotional Abuse From Parents

AuthorMessage
Arceus
Jackass
Arceus
September 7th, 2006 at 06:33pm
People that emotionally and psychologically abuse they're children are plain evil and should die and burn in hell. Good example is Joe Jackson, MJ's dad. HE IS THE REASON THAT MJ IS FUCKED UP. Fucking bastard should die.
DookieGoesKerplunk!
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
DookieGoesKerplunk!
September 8th, 2006 at 05:58am
my step-dad always expects me to turn out like my big brother who was a total genious (sp?). My brother died 4 years ago and it hurts alot when he say shit like that. When i passed my exams, i passed every single one of them and all he did was say "they mean fuck all"

Nice eh?
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
September 8th, 2006 at 08:37am
yeah... i'm pretty familiar with this kinda thing, considering my mum is a champion emotional abuser. i mean, i can understand if she wants me to amount to something a lot higher than what i've been achieving so that i'm something to be proud of for once, but all the discouragement and critism? i must say, not very good motivation. it just builds up the resentment in me.

i don't think she sees this, btw.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 8th, 2006 at 05:47pm
I think another problem people don't think about is unintended emotional abuse. Parents or guradians say things that compare children to others, which can make them feel inferior. Parents arent perfect, they say things without thinking at times too. Maybe they jokingly mock something you like all in good fun, but sometimes it doesnt come off that way, and you can end up really hurt by things they have said. That can result in alot of problems, and disagreements. Alot of parents feel like their kids suddently just change when they reach teenage years, but really they havent. They are just older now, and when parents do say things like that, and they get hurt, they arent going to be the eight year old crying in the corner anymore, they react differently now and it can cause alot more tension between parents and kids which isnt good. No one meant to hurt anyone and a Giant mess was made. You can't blame that on one or the other either. Maybe the parent shouldnt have said something, but how would they know it hurt you if you didnt tell them anyways? Communication is important.

This is only about certain situations though. If a Parents says "I hate you, choke and die" that really isnt what I was refering to above.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
September 8th, 2006 at 06:01pm
When Hayley Comes Around:
I hate it when parents do it.

My mum has done it when she was very angry. Theres about 3-4 of them I will never forget.

Once she started smoking and I was upset with her so she yelled "YOU THINK IM ADDICTED TO CIGARETTES? WELL YOUR ADDICTED TO FOOD YOU FAT PIG" That still makes me cry along with so many times she's called me fat.

Once she grabbed a metal thing because I said I wasn't afraid of her. She went to hit me and said "AFRAID OF ME NOW" and smirked when I begged for mercy and screamed "No don't kill me" I've never felt so worthless in my life.

I can never stand up to her too...If I do well...That's another story.

Please don't think my mum is an evil bitch and I should be taken off her. She just has anger problems. And she's a bit of a control freak.

Hug I can't even stand up to my brother.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
September 8th, 2006 at 06:06pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:

O___O you guys think its real?

k, landover Baptist church doesnt exist, nor does the town it comes from,Freehold, Iowa. Very Happy

It was Made by this Guy named Chris Harper, who is an ATHEIST, not baptist and he doesnt believe in the ideals of Christianty, so He mocks them in the extremities. It's not even meant to be taken like facts or anything. Somewhere near the bottom is a link where it takes you to the terms of service... where it says Landover Baptist Church is a complete work of fiction. It is a satire/parody" So none of that is real. Its all a joke. Sometime in September the site even has a book coming out called Welcome to jesusland. Its all a hoax, none of its real....

Have you heard of Whitehouse.org? Thats this guy too I think.

Maaaan. That sounded so real. I don't even find it funny now that I know it was all a 'joke'. o___O
IxAmxMe
Geek
IxAmxMe

Blog
October 22nd, 2006 at 08:10pm
I feel like I'm never good enough for my parents, I mean with school and stuff. My mom, especially overreacts WAY too much. It really bothers me. I'll ask her to stop yelling at some guy on the highway for no apparent reason, and she'll say some hurtful things. I love my mom, but it's tough. You never know what she'll be like five minutes later.
Forever~Fallen
Geek
Forever~Fallen
October 24th, 2006 at 06:20am
my older sister would always call me stupid and worthless since i a was a little kid and the more she did the more i believed her. and my mom always says things to me like "what is wrong with you" or "where did i go wrong in raising you?" even "you ruined my life, i wish i never had you, i'd rather be dead." about a year ago things got really bad so i decided to talk to her about how she makes me feel when she says things like that to me. but then of course she got mad and was about to storm out of the room when i just flat out asked her if she likes me or not she then looked at me paused and left the room without saying anything. she thinks i'm becoming my half sister who is a peice of shit i'm sorry to say. but my mom's fucked up from her past which i won't get into so i just made a promise to myself that i will turn out better than her and every other member of my family
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
October 24th, 2006 at 06:54am
My mum's amazing. She always has been. People often say to me, "you're so close to your mum, you're so lucky" and reading over all the posts on this thread kind of cements that. My mum always said to me and my brothers, 'I don't care what you do with your lives, as long as you're happy'. My older brother works in a pub, and he barely earns enough to collect his rent for the month, but he absolutely loves his job and within himself, he couldn't be happier, and so my mum's really happy.
I fight with my brothers, but again we're all quite close-knit, particularly me and my little brother. I can read him like a book and vice versa. He's the person in the world that can make me cry more than anyone else, but it hurts most because it's from him, not the severity of the words.
I was a bit of nightmare child because I was quite ill when I was a toddler until I was about 7, so I'd have the most incredible tantrums, and I'd bite, rip my mum's hair out and scratch, but she'd just hold me really tightly until I hugged her back. It might of been different if I'd just had those tantrums because of the terrible twos or something, but my mum was amazing, so I'd have either grown out of them quicker or not had them to quite that extent anyway. All my mum ever wanted was babies, and she lost four babies before my older brother, so she loved doing all little kid stuff, but we weren't spoilt. We all appreciate what we have with each other.
Roshie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Roshie
October 25th, 2006 at 07:01pm
Emotional abuse is the worst.
I haven't experienced it myself, but I do feel for some unfortunates that have.
All abuse is disgusting, but being told you're "Stupid, a loser, worthless, never make anything of yourself" it just kills self esteem. If someone wants to make something of themselves, be successful, parents are supposed to support them. Not tell them that they will never make it.

I find that it's a parents "lost youth" (a bit of a dramatic way to put it..) and jealousy.
The fact they never made anything of themselves and they don't want anyone else to either.
wish_i_was_adie
Jackass
wish_i_was_adie

Mibba
October 26th, 2006 at 05:18pm
It is painful. Trust me. You can't help but not feel good enough.
Skullivan.[Im Not Okay]
Geek
Skullivan.[Im Not Okay]
October 26th, 2006 at 08:05pm
Well.
My dad told me that id ruined his marriage, ruined his life and my mums life. My mum calls me stupid all the time. My dad is only nice to me when hes has quite a bit to drink before he falls alseep on the sofa. my dad told me he hates and dispises me and was through being my father and to pack my bags and leave the house.
Does that count as emotional abuse?
beans
Geek
beans
October 26th, 2006 at 08:21pm
my famly sucks pretty bad ...but u shud defo should take notice f the pm i sent u seriously thts not on u should slap ur mum she shoudnt treat u like tht!!!
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
October 27th, 2006 at 07:42pm
beans:
my famly sucks pretty bad ...but u shud defo should take notice f the pm i sent u seriously thts not on u should slap ur mum she shoudnt treat u like tht!!!
oooh, I think I can handle it. I mean I know its bad but its idk...
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 28th, 2006 at 05:51am
I can't tolerate childern who are so impotent and ungrateful of their parents. I hate seeing kids ignore their parents or hit their parents or talk right back into their faces and shout at them. It's unbelievably rude. You know parents have it just as tough raising children as some children who suffer from child abuse. I knew this one girl in my old school whose mother apparently committed suicide after her daughter got arrested and she had to bail her out for the forth time or something.
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
October 28th, 2006 at 10:04am
I don't even know if I suffer from emotional abuse. I don't think I do but I can't tell, because it's never been anything different. I don't have anything to compare the behaviour of my parents to.

My dad is okay. I don't live with him. I see him regularly and he frustrates me, but he doesn't give me any emotional abuse whatsoever.

My mum is different. Half of the time she's telling me how amazing and beautiful I am and how proud of me she is, all that kind of stuff. The next minute she's screaming at me and calling me a 'selfish little bitch'.
I think that kind of treatmeant is probably quite damaging because it's hard to know which is real. They contradict each other so it's pretty obvious that one of them is a load of bullshit, but it's too hard to figure out which one.
It's alright because my sister talks to me about it and has told me that it's not my fault. My mum is ill, she suffers from depression, so it's not entirely her fault that she's like that. But I know that it's not normal, I know that now. But I don't know if I can call it emotional abuse.
Peter Petrelli
Peter Petrelli
October 28th, 2006 at 10:32am
Anji:
I can't tolerate childern who are so impotent and ungrateful of their parents.

I thought being impotent meant you couldn't get it up?

Very Happy
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 28th, 2006 at 11:23am
Ginger Nuts:
Anji:

Very Happy
Typo. XD

Like Courtney said on another thread, the mood was becoming too serious. This just needs to lighten up.

Embarassed Anyways, English isn't my first language.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 28th, 2006 at 11:26am
Anji:
Ginger Nuts:
Anji:

Very Happy
Typo. XD

Like Courtney said on another thread, the mood was becoming too serious. This just needs to lighten up.

Embarassed Anyways, English isn't my first language.
lmfao lmfao lmfao

Children impotent of their parents.

lmfao lmfao lmfao
*PUNK-EVERLASTING*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*PUNK-EVERLASTING*
October 28th, 2006 at 08:20pm
My Parents do that sometimes
Register