Gone Barrowman:
Jenni :]:
Gone Barrowman:
Supa Skank™CID:
[quote="Jenni :]
Cassie

Let's go in the tardis.
Yeh!Lets!!!

I have a feeling this will be a fantastic christmas!
XD omgmydadgotmemyJackHarknessdoll XD Ah

WHAT
OMGOMGOMG

FROM WHERE? Cassie
Toymaster. I had a peek at some of my pressies. tehe[/quote]

OOO. I'm going to a big town tomorrow and there's like a tv store, they do Buffy, Angel, Doctor Who and loads more models. @_@

MAYBETHERESTHETORCHWOODVANTOO. =O
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
December 15th, 2006 at 05:55pm
Sunday's ep looks goooooood.

Eve doesn't have that much of a Welsh accent either. Surprised
I can't stand her accent though.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
December 15th, 2006 at 05:57pm
Gone Barrowman:
Gone Barrowman:
Supa Skank™CID:
Cassie

Let's go in the tardis.
Yeh!Lets!!!

WHAT
OMGOMGOMG

FROM WHERE? Cassie
Toymaster. I had a peek at some of my pressies. tehe

OOO. I'm going to a big town tomorrow and there's like a tv store, they do Buffy, Angel, Doctor Who and loads more models. @_@

MAYBETHERESTHETORCHWOODVANTOO. =O[/quote]Dood, awesome. I can't wait to go into town tomorrow. I love town.

YAY. JOHN GOT A NEW DOG.

Torchwood Star John Barrowman Now Living With 'Mature Blonde'

Dogs Trust, the UK 's largest dog welfare charity and owner of the famous slogan A Dog Is For Life, Not Just For Christmas®, has launched an appeal to the public to remember vulnerable older dogs this Christmas.

While on a recent visit to Dogs Trust West London, the actor John Barrowman fell in love with Teagan, a twelve year old Cocker Spaniel. John couldn't resist the lovable golden oldie and he is now part of his happy family.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
December 15th, 2006 at 06:10pm
John Barrowman was 37 when he got his own spaceship to play with last year, when he was cast as the 51stcentury time-agent Captain Jack Harkness in the BBC's revival of Doctor Who. Last week he learned that he'll be remaining in the driving seat for a while because his character is to have his own spin-off TV series. For Scots-born Barrowman, it is a dream come true.

After all, what boy - of any age - wouldn't want to fly a spaceship? As Barrowman says, 'Growing up, everybody wanted a toy of the Millennium Falcon spaceship from Star Wars - and I ended up getting my own ship, which was cool.' The fact that it was in Doctor Who that he was flying his ship made it even cooler.

'I'm a huge Doctor Who fan,' explains Barrowman, who is currently appearing opposite Rob Lowe in the military courtroom drama A Few Good Men in London's West End. 'I grew up watching it. The first episode I remembered had the Autons [monsters who took the form of plastic dummies]. My mother had to hide me behind her coat in Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, because I wouldn't go past the shop dummies. I thought they were going to come alive and step out of the window and shoot me.

'We moved to the U.S. when I was nine and one TV channel played Doctor Who episodes as a marathon every Sunday night. I'd stay up late and watch them. I never thought I'd be a part of it one day. So, when the opportunity came up, I was ecstatic. The day I went in for the audition, I was put on tape and the tape was given to all the execs at the BBC. Apparently it was the quickest decision they'd ever made because, within 15 to 20 minutes, they'd said, "That's Captain Jack."' The way Barrowman tells that story proves those BBC execs were right. Captain Jack is an ebullient, super-confident, ridiculously handsome showman. And so is John Barrowman.

He has a habit of recounting the complimentary things people have said about him, littered with disclaimers like, 'Of course, I'm not saying that.

It's just what I was told later.' For example, in 1989, when Barrowman was a 22-year-old drama student in San Diego, California, he came back to the UK to visit relatives in Scotland and study Shakespeare.

While in Glasgow, he discovered that open auditions were being held for a production of the Cole Porter musical Anything Goes, starring Elaine Paige.

By chance, Barrowman had performed in an amateur production of the show, so he went along, as he puts it, 'To see if I could do what I was being trained to do. I did it and - I'm saying now what I was told later - one of the producers said, "My mouth just dropped. I couldn't believe that in Glasgow a young man would just walk in who could sing, act and dance."

'I went down to London a couple of days later and met Elaine, and apparently when I walked on stage she said, "Oh, he's pretty. Let's see if he can sing."

They said, "But he's very young, Elaine," and she replied, "We just can't let him go."' This is Olympicstandard swanking. But who wouldn't be pleased with themselves if they had Barrowman's clean-cut jawline, his singing voice (he has also starred in Sunset Boulevard and Chicago), and his all-American sportiness?

'I'm a guy,' Barrowman says. 'I like guy things.' So he was on the swimming team, the diving team and the athletics team at high school. 'I was always the guy who, if I was in a relay race, would go last because I could make up the time and win it for the team.' Barrowman loves to tell a good story. Here, for example, is his description of his film debut, aged 20. 'I was in The Untouchables.

Well, my bottom was. I'd just signed with a modelling agency in Chicago and they asked if I'd do a day's work as an extra in Chicago, where it was being filmed. Sean Connery, Kevin Costner... all the stars were there.

The film crew and the people in the principal roles treated the rest of us like dirt.

I remember Sean Connery ordering us, "Don't look at me!" I was a huge fan of his.

But that day I became his biggest un-fan.

'I actually walked off during the lunch break.

Everyone had been screaming at the extras, and I'd had enough. So I said to the first assistant director, "I'm going home." She said, "You can't go home." I said, "Watch me. Bye-bye!"

Needless to say, I never got asked to be an extra again. But my behind did make it to the screen in one of the few scenes I did in The Untouchables - it's a shot in the police academy. My mother recognised it right away!' This, then, was the man who turned up at the TV studio in Cardiff in December 2004 to play Captain Jack Harkness, five months into the shooting of Doctor Who.

Barrowman's first day's work involved a romantic scene with Billie Piper, who played Rose, the Doctor's assistant.

Naturally, he says, Billie was thrilled to see him.

'Billie told me later that when I arrived it was like a breath of fresh air on the set,' Barrowman confides. 'She said, "You made it fun again."' If the fun had gone missing from Doctor Who, that might have been because its star, Christopher Eccleston, had already secretly decided to quit. 'None of us knew that Chris wanted to leave. We had no clue. I later found out that, by the time I got there, he had already decided not to do another series and the BBC were trying to deal with that. I don't know if Billie knew. She never showed it if she did.

'You have to respect someone's decision.

If they wanna go, they wanna go - you can't stop them. But when we were filming every day, we had no idea that Chris wasn't enjoying it. Whatever problems he was having, though, when he came on set he was fine, and he did his job.' Billie was breaking up with her husband Chris Evans at the time, but Barrowman says it was never an issue on set.

Captain Jack is the first bisexual Doctor Who character, which makes John Barrowman's casting even more appropriate. Last year he publicly revealed what had long been an open showbusiness secret: he is gay. That did not, however, prevent his early career from being littered with rumours of supposed affairs with his leading ladies.

'First it was Elaine Paige, then Stephanie Powers, then Angie Dickinson and then Cher,' he says. 'I told everyone they weren't my girlfriends, but no one wanted to hear that. Angie Dickinson was quoted as saying we had great sex on a motorcycle. I mean, no! Wro-ong!

C'mon, I live with another guy, I'm surrounded by diva women; I work in musical theatre and I have two cocker spaniels, who are wellgroomed. Wake up and smell the coffee!' Still, Barrowman did have a date with Cher.

'She had seen me in Sunset Boulevard the night before and tracked me down because she wanted to take me out to dinner. Afterwards, I walked her to her car and she asked me for a goodnight kiss. It was just a peck on the cheek, but the photographers caught it as I leaned forward, so it looked as if we were going in for a full-on snog.' 'The next day it was all over the papers.

I was her new toyboy. Cher rang up and said, "Barrowman, you're one of the luckiest queens around." I said, "Yeah, thanks a lot."' A Few Good Men is on now at the Theatre Royal Haymarket, London, until December 17, tel: 0870 400 0626.

COPYRIGHT 2005 Solo Syndication Limited

Loved that article.
Diskoh
Diskoh

Mibba
December 15th, 2006 at 06:22pm
Ah

That was a good read.

Tyforposting. Cassie
Diskoh
Diskoh

Mibba
December 15th, 2006 at 06:24pm
Gone Barrowman:
Gone Barrowman:
Gone Barrowman:
Supa Skank™CID:
Cassie

Let's go in the tardis.
Yeh!Lets!!!

WHAT
OMGOMGOMG

FROM WHERE? Cassie

Dood, awesome. I can't wait to go into town tomorrow. I love town.

YAY. JOHN GOT A NEW DOG.

Dogs Trust, the UK 's largest dog welfare charity and owner of the famous slogan A Dog Is For Life, Not Just For Christmas®, has launched an appeal to the public to remember vulnerable older dogs this Christmas.

While on a recent visit to Dogs Trust West London, the actor John Barrowman fell in love with Teagan, a twelve year old Cocker Spaniel. John couldn't resist the lovable golden oldie and he is now part of his happy family.[/quote]

K.
Everyone together:

AWWWWWWWHHHH. Retard

Hey, can I add you to my friends list? :]
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
December 15th, 2006 at 06:38pm
Ah

That was a good read.

Tyforposting. Cassie
Cassie I'mapostingwhore.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
December 15th, 2006 at 06:39pm
Gone Barrowman:
Gone Barrowman:
Gone Barrowman:
Supa Skank™CID:
Cassie

Let's go in the tardis.
Yeh!Lets!!!

WHAT
OMGOMGOMG

FROM WHERE? Cassie

YAY. JOHN GOT A NEW DOG.

While on a recent visit to Dogs Trust West London, the actor John Barrowman fell in love with Teagan, a twelve year old Cocker Spaniel. John couldn't resist the lovable golden oldie and he is now part of his happy family.

K.
Everyone together:

AWWWWWWWHHHH. Retard

Hey, can I add you to my friends list? :][/quote]=] Sure! Do you have MSN?
Diskoh
Diskoh

Mibba
December 15th, 2006 at 06:43pm
Gone Barrowman:
Gone Barrowman:
Gone Barrowman:
Gone Barrowman:
Supa Skank™CID:
Cassie

Let's go in the tardis.
Yeh!Lets!!!

WHAT
OMGOMGOMG

FROM WHERE? Cassie

YAY. JOHN GOT A NEW DOG.

K.
Everyone together:

AWWWWWWWHHHH. Retard

Hey, can I add you to my friends list? :]
=] Sure! Do you have MSN?[/quote]
Yeh, I'll PM you. Meg
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
December 15th, 2006 at 06:46pm
Why is it that in all Torchwood slash Ianto starts cursing in Welsh?
Diskoh
Diskoh

Mibba
December 15th, 2006 at 06:55pm
Cuz he's Welsh in Torchwood? Laughing
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
December 15th, 2006 at 06:57pm
Cuz he's Welsh in Torchwood? Laughing
Yeah, but that'd be like me cussing in Irish during sex with Jack.
Diskoh
Diskoh

Mibba
December 15th, 2006 at 07:04pm
Think

That wouldn't work with me since all I know is English.

IknowcusswordsinDutchthough.

That'd be strange to say during sex though.

So I get what you're saying know.

lmfao lmfao

OKAY:

The people writing are weird. Retard

I think that's a better guess. :]
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
December 16th, 2006 at 06:26am
Think

That wouldn't work with me since all I know is English.

IknowcusswordsinDutchthough.

That'd be strange to say during sex though.

So I get what you're saying know.

lmfao lmfao

OKAY:

The people writing are weird. Retard

I think that's a better guess. :]
lmfao lmfao Darn good slash though.
ellie ex-friend
ellie ex-friend
December 16th, 2006 at 01:41pm
Gone Barrowman:
Noise & Kisses:
I just watched Random Shoes... odd. I'm not sure if I liked it.
I prefer the very sinister ones, Countrycide especially.
And Suzie's ep was awesome.
Cassie
I'm so nerdy.
stfuiloveit.
Yeah, I really didn't like Random Shoes. I thought Countrycide was OK but the guy who wrote that episode isn't great.

Fair dos.
I just like violence Cassie

Tomorrow.

So theres, what, 3 episodes left.
Will it run into 2007?
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
December 16th, 2006 at 03:35pm
Gone Barrowman:
Cuz peopple who curse in Welsh are gangsta Cool

Thats why I do it..
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
December 16th, 2006 at 06:14pm
Supa Skank™CID:
Gone Barrowman:
Cuz peopple who curse in Welsh are gangsta Cool

Thats why I do it..
Iangsto's gangsta alright Cool

People who curse in Irish suck. Cursing in French, however...
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
December 17th, 2006 at 05:42am
Ellie.:
Gone Barrowman:
Noise & Kisses:
I just watched Random Shoes... odd. I'm not sure if I liked it.
I prefer the very sinister ones, Countrycide especially.
And Suzie's ep was awesome.
Cassie
I'm so nerdy.
stfuiloveit.
Yeah, I really didn't like Random Shoes. I thought Countrycide was OK but the guy who wrote that episode isn't great.

Fair dos.
I just like violence Cassie

Tomorrow.

So theres, what, 3 episodes left.
Will it run into 2007?
I think so, but they might broadcast the last two eps at the same time.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
December 17th, 2006 at 05:44am
Just a quick reminder for people to please not post spoilers about tonight's ep until after Wednesday night at least.
Register