Oregon Grocery Store Clerk Claims To Have Written Green Day'

AuthorMessage
Dancing In The Dark
Geek
Dancing In The Dark
November 25th, 2006 at 01:48pm
^Good point. Some people are just nuts. God.
The Evil Alchemist
Geek
The Evil Alchemist
December 26th, 2006 at 10:03am
THis guy is a fucking asshole. He just wants credit for the success of American Idiot. Green Day deserves it and besides even if he did write it then it's fault that Green Day made it famous because he was too busy SITTING ON HIS ASS.
Janie Jones
Falling In Love With The Board
Janie Jones
December 27th, 2006 at 07:12pm
lmfao lmfao

Noel Gallagher is one thing, but this is a bit outrageous.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
December 27th, 2006 at 07:19pm
How bad would you all feel if it was proven that the Grocery Clerk man actually wrote it? Faith
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
December 27th, 2006 at 07:21pm
Over-Rated:
How bad would you all feel if it was proven that the Grocery Clerk man actually wrote it? Faith

Entirely possible...but pretty unlikely.
Monsteroids
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Monsteroids
December 31st, 2006 at 08:46pm
Dude if this guy wrote it then I'd just continue to listen to the older records. Even though AI got me into Green Day. It isn't as good as their older stuff. It would be a bit like WTF why did Green Day do that? Really though I do not believe this guy wrote it(still uneasy thoughConfused). He doesn't seem to be much of an activist(which is basically what this album is about(a suburban boy who sees past the lies and acts out against this and ends up back where he started but with more life experience). This dude is working as a clerk. As far as I'm concerned this is some greedy guy trying to get a slice of the big cheese. My opinion: Guy wrote it= Me a bit shocked but will still love Green Day nonetheless.
Guy is lying= How boring but most likely. How annoying as well. I am unsure of this and I don't want to pick sides(not that kind of person). Sorry for my long comment! I like this face Twisted Evil
Right_Profile
Idiot
Right_Profile
December 31st, 2006 at 09:04pm
Hahaha. Oh, I'm sure he wrote it ages ago. Along with Welcome To The Black Parade, Nevermind, and every other top-selling rock cd's out there
Hello, My Name Is Asshole
Jackass
Hello, My Name Is Asshole

Blog
January 1st, 2007 at 07:15pm
WelcomeTo_GD_Paradise:
Hahaha. Oh, I'm sure he wrote it ages ago. Along with Welcome To The Black Parade, Nevermind, and every other top-selling rock cd's out there

Duh. Rolling Eyes

Yeah. But honestly, I think it's bull. He, apparently, has no proof whatsoever and is claiming he wrote the songs back in 1992.

I'm assuming, since he 'wrote' the whole American Idiot album, he wrote Rock and Roll Girlfriend. The lyrics go "I got a kid in New York, I got a kid in the Bay." Is it some freakish coincidence that he wrote those lyrics, and 12 years later when the album came out, Tre ironically has a kid in New York and one in Oakland?

And Tre can play the shit out of drums.

Coincidence?
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
January 1st, 2007 at 07:46pm
Monsteroids:
Dude if this guy wrote it then I'd just continue to listen to the older records. Even though AI got me into Green Day. It isn't as good as their older stuff.
Yeah, but their older stuff was written by a charwoman.
I love CHURTLES!!
Geek
I love CHURTLES!!
January 1st, 2007 at 09:32pm
that guy is crazay
Princess of Punk
King For A Couple Of Days
Princess of Punk
February 11th, 2007 at 09:00pm
HY GUYS!I GOT THIS OUT OF A MAGIZENE.
ITS HARD TO BELIEVE THAT GREEN DAY WOULD HAVE SOMEBODY OUTSIDE THE BAND WRITE THE ENTIRE ALBUM FOR THEM BUT A GROCEY STORE CLERK IN OREGON SAID HE DID!THE GRAMMY WINNING GROUP THAT WROTE AND PRODUCED THE MULTI PLATINUM ALBUM AMERICAN IDIOT HAS NO CONNECTION TO THE CLERKWHO CLAIMS HE WROTE THE ENTIRE ALBUM IN COLLEGE AND THAT IT WAS LEAKED TO THE BAND.WITH SO LITTLE EDVIDENCE WE'RE SURE GREEN DAY WON'T BE BATTLING ANYTHING IN COURT.WE LOVE YOU GUYS!
Tyler Durden
Jackass
Tyler Durden

Blog
February 11th, 2007 at 10:07pm
why would Billie Joe steal lyrics when he is such a musical genius?
The D-Cup Wonder!!
King For A Couple Of Days
The D-Cup Wonder!!

Mibba
February 11th, 2007 at 11:25pm
Monsteroids:
Even though AI got me into Green Day. It isn't as good as their older stuff. It would be a bit like WTF why did Green Day do that?

I deleted most of your quote. Sorry. Very Happy
Personally, I think AI is a great record. The lyrics are amazing and the musicianship is better than most of the songs in any of the other CDs, however begrudgingly you do or don't admit it.

Anyway, If Grocery Clerk Dude really did write it, how come he waited 2-3 years to sue, and not just release it himself?
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
February 12th, 2007 at 10:35am
He says that he didn't take action for a long time because he was in shock every time he heard it on the radio and couldn't bring himself to believe it. He said he'd be back with more evidence.

How fun would it be if he came back and said he wrote Governator about coming back to court?
I'm A Fruity Pirate!
Geek
I'm A Fruity Pirate!

Blog
February 12th, 2007 at 07:56pm
No one is going to believe that bullshit.
If he needed more evidence to start with, why didn't his lawyer tell him, if he was smart enough to get one, he needed more!
It's common sense.
Duh.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 13th, 2007 at 09:49am
My question is that American Idiot came out in 2004. Why did he suddenly decide to come out now?
Tyler Durden
Jackass
Tyler Durden

Blog
February 13th, 2007 at 10:38am
ThePunkMinority:
THis guy is a fucking asshole. He just wants credit for the success of American Idiot. Green Day deserves it and besides even if he did write it then it's fault that Green Day made it famous because he was too busy SITTING ON HIS ASS.

Amen dude. A FUCKING MEN.

i just wanna tell that dude one thing : Grow up
l10895
Geek
l10895
February 15th, 2007 at 07:14pm
What a freakin` LOSER!!!! Laughing It`s funny how he thinks people would believe him!
Iam2fly4u
Geek
Iam2fly4u
February 16th, 2007 at 11:07pm
l10895:
What a freakin` LOSER!!!! Laughing It`s funny how he thinks people would believe him!

I agree. I mean, I would only do that if I had a good chance of people believing me.

Maybe his Mom believes him?
l10895
Geek
l10895
February 19th, 2007 at 10:34pm
Iam2fly4u:
l10895:

I agree. I mean, I would only do that if I had a good chance of people believing me.

Maybe his Mom believes him?

Yeah, but i doubt that Rolling Eyes Laughing
Register