Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Totonew
June 8th, 2007 at 11:47am
so true!
JackSaySNO
Geek
JackSaySNO
June 8th, 2007 at 06:10pm
yea..my parents dont care on what i listen to..
when my dad had a band...to warm up they would play Basket Case....(its true..my dad was really in a band)
Headbang
BillieJoezGurl
King For A Couple Of Days
BillieJoezGurl
June 8th, 2007 at 06:18pm
my mom kinda got my hooked on them.....she was a fan.....when Dookie came out she'd listen to it all the time
Pito
King For A Couple Of Days
Pito
June 8th, 2007 at 08:41pm
My mom knows When I Come Around.

My dad finds them ok, although he says they made me dark. Don't know what he meant by that.
xCityOfTheDamnedx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xCityOfTheDamnedx
June 10th, 2007 at 02:44pm
My parents hates Green Day Sad
lili
Jackass
lili

Blog
June 10th, 2007 at 04:42pm
My Mum and Dad saw them live 16 years ago.
Dad got me into them.
He's got every video by them and he gave me his Dookie album which got me hooked. :]
beyond the rainbow
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
beyond the rainbow
June 11th, 2007 at 01:25am
My Dad hates them. He is constantly putting them down and whenever I do something wring he says something like "Oh, does one of those goth guys in that band do that? Is that why you think it's so cool?" Seriously, stop calling them goth. They're not and it's getting kinda old.
vivalarorya
Falling In Love With The Board
vivalarorya
June 11th, 2007 at 10:50am
beyond the rainbow:
My Dad hates them. He is constantly putting them down and whenever I do something wring he says something like "Oh, does one of those goth guys in that band do that? Is that why you think it's so cool?" Seriously, stop calling them goth. They're not and it's getting kinda old.
Ugh, that would piss me off so much....

But my mom likes American Idiot a lot, and some of the other songs she's heard, especially Good Riddance....and my dad, well....he likes a couple songs, and he doesn't put them down or anything like that. They play GD on the radio station he listens to, and once he told me that almost anything on that station is worth listening to...and it's got more classic rock stuff, a little punk....stuff from when he was a kid. So I guess that's cool. Fizz
Patron-Saint
Geek
Patron-Saint
June 11th, 2007 at 01:56pm
My mum likes them a bit. She loved to see them live.
j'adore.
Geek
j'adore.

Mibba Blog
June 12th, 2007 at 12:46pm
I am very happy now my Dad knows Green Day lyrics!
I'm not sure if he "likes" them or not...I'll have to figure it out...
Anyway, he knows the lyrics because he's always in our study and my room is next door so he always hears my music.
He knows the chorus to Minority [even though it's not hard to pick up]
He knows exactly where the "1,2...1,2,3,4" 's are in Hitchin' A Ride.
He know most of the words to Church On Sunday.
And he also knows all the band member's names - but that's mainly because we bought 3 new fish to go in our tank, and I named them Billie, Mike & Tre.
nepenthe.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
nepenthe.
June 15th, 2007 at 10:44am
My mom thinks Billie Joe is gorgeous.
XD.
Sandwich-Masta
Geek
Sandwich-Masta
June 21st, 2007 at 05:10pm
My parents are pretty cool when it comes to Green Day, all things considered. My dad bugs me 'cause I like them so much, (for example, I asked him what "infatuation" meant and he said it was like me and the Green Day guys) but it's all in good fun. Once, when he was picking me up from my mom's house he asked me to bring one of my Green Day CDs, and I brought Dookie. It was really awesome--I even showed him "All By Myself"--and on top of that, when "When I Come Around" started he was like, "Hey, I've heard this before! I love this song!".
My mom's pretty cool as well, especially considering the fact, she got me my first GD album as an incentive to get my grades higher than they were at the time which didn't work, but that's beside the point. Except, once I was saying something about how Green Day being punk rock and she was like, "They're...not punk rock," and I felt a mild twinge of irritation that she wasn't respecting the fact that I had all their albums and therefore should know what genre they are, but I got over that. Sometimes I get just a bit carried away in my psycho-fandom.
White Noise
Geek
White Noise

Mibba Blog
June 29th, 2007 at 09:30pm
nepenthe.:
XD.

Ah

My mom too!

lmfao
Kelly Khaos
Idiot
Kelly Khaos

Mibba Blog
July 5th, 2007 at 11:27am
Radiant Eclipse:
nepenthe.:
XD.

Ah

My mom too!

lmfao
Ditto. lmfao
GD Addicts Anonymous
Falling In Love With The Board
GD Addicts Anonymous
July 6th, 2007 at 01:21am
My mom makes fun of them, sometimes jokingly, and calls them liberals. She likes a few of their songs, though.
keaton_eisenmenger
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
keaton_eisenmenger
July 6th, 2007 at 04:12pm
my parents both think greenday is evil but so what it's the best band in the whole freaking world. my dad used to let me listen to them but this girl that I know listened to nimrod that was in my cd player. then she started to flip out because of a "bad word". so she told my very worrysome mom and she told me that I couldn't listen to greenday. but who gives a crap what they say.I still do.pretty muck the very first sentence of TragicCaseofMyReality's post except it's my mom that hates them
Holly Golightly
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Holly Golightly
July 7th, 2007 at 02:41pm
my dad likes rock,but he doesn't like gren day...and my mother thinks that its ueless noise...
Domo
Geek
Domo
July 9th, 2007 at 07:06pm
my mom hates them.
She likes Justin Timberlake.
Yeah I know. She thinks that Billie Joe wears "too much make up" and that he's "a pig." whatever.
My father doesn't even live with me, so I've no idea what he thinks of them. He's an asshole, I know that.
Sandwich-Masta
Geek
Sandwich-Masta
July 9th, 2007 at 08:18pm
keaton_eisenmenger:
my parents both think greenday is evil but so what it's the best band in the whole freaking world. my dad used to let me listen to them but this girl that I know listened to nimrod that was in my cd player. then she started to flip out because of a "bad word". so she told my very worrysome mom and she told me that I couldn't listen to greenday. but who gives a crap what they say.I still do.pretty muck the very first sentence of TragicCaseofMyReality's post except it's my mom that hates them

Seriously!? Man, that sucks! So, this girl ran over to your mom and flipped out and started going on and on about how bad GD was...because of ONE cuss word!? I mean, I wouldn't blame her as much if she'd done that over...like, learning what the word "masturbation" meant by listening to Longview, or by hearing Blood, Sex and Booze, but come on! You have my utmost sympathy, dude.
Register