Green Day parents?

AuthorMessage
Trusty Chords.
Jackass
Trusty Chords.

Blog
August 29th, 2009 at 02:53pm
I posted in this thread ages ago, but another update on how my parents are fans too, I got 'Nobody Likes You: Inside the Turbulent Life, Times, and Music of Green Day' for my birthday and because I always nick the books my dad gets as presents, hes nicked that and is reading it as I type. And thoroughy enjoying it Smile
Rafael Nadal
Addict
Rafael Nadal
August 31st, 2009 at 09:16am
my dad isnt really bothered but my mum "likes their spirit" as she says Laughing
Orange_Mocha_Frappuchino
Geek
Orange_Mocha_Frappuchino
August 31st, 2009 at 04:34pm
My mom didn't like them much when I first started getting into their music, and she thought they were kind of weird. Laughing And I refused to watch Bullet In A Bible when she was home, because I thought she'd be offended by it. Laughing

Now I've gotten her into them, though! Very Happy She went with me to their concert in L.A and she LOVED it! Still, I was kind of relieved that Billie didn't do his normal "Hitchin' A Ride" activities. lmfao Though Mom's expression would have been priceless.... lmfao
IKnowTheEnemy
Idiot
IKnowTheEnemy
September 1st, 2009 at 07:49pm
my dad took me to their concert. and i was like nervous hed be all "they swear too much. and they suck" but he was okay with it Very Happy.
my mom disagrees and says that her police concert was better. we argue over which was better. (i love the police but... i love green day more Very Happy)
bjismylove
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
bjismylove
September 5th, 2009 at 05:28pm
Well, when i first got into Green Day i don't think my parents had a clue on who they were.
They appreciated the fact i was a huge fan and everything and let me go see them live and buy a ton of their merchandise. Then i got Bullet in a Bible and my parents saw the part where billie has an "orgasm" during Hitchin' a ride and they flipped a nut XD
I was 14 at the time.
But, My parents still like them. Besides the point that they're quite vulgar sometimes, my dad and mom enjoy listening to them when i play their music in my room or in the car
Cre Tool.
Jackass
Cre Tool.
January 14th, 2011 at 06:50am
my mom loves the song 21 guns
coop
King For A Couple Of Days
coop
January 14th, 2011 at 11:40am
My Dad likes their music a bit and my mum doesn't care.
But they got that I love them and respect it, just like I respect their addictions to CCR and Elvis Presley.
So Damn Bored
Falling In Love With The Board
So Damn Bored
January 15th, 2011 at 09:11pm
greendayfanatic08:
my mom loves the song 21 guns
mine too OMGyes
green day drunkbunny
green day drunkbunny
January 18th, 2011 at 01:09pm
my mom saw a pic of tre and said "oh hes such a bad boy *tut*"
Suga.
Addict
Suga.
January 18th, 2011 at 01:31pm
My mom likes the son 'Last of The American Girls', but other than that, she thinks GD are weird tehe
xxGirxx
Idiot
xxGirxx

Blog
January 22nd, 2011 at 11:37pm
my parents dont know that I like Green Day... XD
xxGirxx
Idiot
xxGirxx

Blog
January 22nd, 2011 at 11:37pm
my parents dont know that I like Green Day... XD
zatan130
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
zatan130
January 28th, 2011 at 02:46am
Arghh, they sing along when I blast them. BAM...jeez.

The only thing they don't like about Green Day are the "sex songs", as they refer to them. ("Blood, Sex and Booze"...) Oh, and my younger brothers are so crazy for them it's kind of disturbing.
Achievement Hunter.
Achievement Hunter.
February 11th, 2011 at 07:30pm
My mom kinda like them and likes a very few songs.
My dad loves them just like me Smile
XxWistfulxX
Jackass
XxWistfulxX
February 12th, 2011 at 08:08am
my parents hate GD Sad still their loss Wink
i think its just like the "omg green day are wierd because they wear eyeliner" reaction which annoys me Laughing
other than that i think they just get annoyed by songs like longview and king for a day Shocked Confused
kidsofwarandpeace
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kidsofwarandpeace
February 22nd, 2011 at 11:55pm
My parents both love Green Day..not as much as I do..but ya...my dad gave me his Dookie cd..which he used to have on cassette tape!
Trillie
Trillie
February 23rd, 2011 at 05:48am
My dad used to listen to them when he was young, my mum hates them and thinks their annoying
Mr. Letterbomb
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Mr. Letterbomb
March 18th, 2011 at 07:52am
My mom likes some of their songs but doesen't really listen to them. My dad couldn't care less what I listen to.
Oh_Whatsername
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Oh_Whatsername
March 31st, 2011 at 02:28pm
well
my parents are wierd O.o
i live with my uncle, mom, grandma, and dad. my uncle loved Green Day long ago... he was obsessed, then he said they became "political" and he hated them :/
hes got pretty good taste otherwise
but my mom... hates their music. she also thinks its wierd how Billie Joe wears make-up and how hes bi-sexual, but who cares what he is? hes f***ing sexy!
that makes me mad. now for my grandma... she thinks Billie Joe's an asshole and does NOT like their music. i was listening to horseshoes and handgrenades on my 21stCB album and she didnt like it.. at all. she was the one who had me stop listening to them when i was 7 after she heard longview :/ and now shes trying to do it again. my dad loves them! he thinks Billie Joe is cool haha. my dad rocks lol.
but yeah... thats what they think of Green Day
TrePolar
Geek
TrePolar
September 20th, 2011 at 05:09pm
Ahhh, My mom doesnt mind, as long as a i don't say the words to loud. Smile Oh and I GOT BIAB yesterday!! FINALLY!!Very HappyDDDD IMMA WATCHING IT RIGHT NOW~! OH and shes like, "Buy it, you've wanted that CD for like, 3 years. Get it. ITs like 8 bucks. if you have the money get it." so I'm like ,"Awwwww, Yeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh~!" and bot it Smile
Register