Straight Edge

AuthorMessage
felony by lions.
Addict
felony by lions.

Blog
July 30th, 2008 at 03:16pm
im straightedge(sXe to save time) and its widely excepted at my school.
its really popular among the - i dont wanna say it but i dont know how to word almost any other way- "hipsters, sceneters, and kids in bands". lmfao
but yes at my school you will find about 15% of us are sXe and i feel good because i made it popular to be sXe among the kids in my grade.

toybox trash
Jackass
toybox trash
July 30th, 2008 at 03:20pm
i'm straight edge but i'm deffinatley not going to stay this way. i'm only sXe now because i can't go out and smoke and drink without getting in trouble. when i turn 21 all of this sXe stuff is going down the drain because i plan on getting wasted for my 21st birthday.
felony by lions.
Addict
felony by lions.

Blog
July 30th, 2008 at 03:24pm
Oxycontin Genocide:
i'm straight edge but i'm deffinatley not going to stay this way. i'm only sXe now because i can't go out and smoke and drink without getting in trouble. when i turn 21 all of this sXe stuff is going down the drain because i plan on getting wasted for my 21st birthday.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!
toybox trash
Jackass
toybox trash
July 30th, 2008 at 07:35pm
Street Light Romance:
Oxycontin Genocide:

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!

xD
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
July 30th, 2008 at 08:42pm
Oxycontin Genocide:
Then I wouldn't call that straight edge. I would call that simply being underage.
Umberto
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Umberto
August 1st, 2008 at 12:09am
Oxycontin Genocide:

What's so great about getting wasted?
What's so fun about a day full of lifetime mistakes?

I've seen a lot go wrong when people plan things like that && belive me, it's not something one should be looking forward to.

btw: i dont think it's appropiate to call yourself sXe if the only reason you're doing it is so you dont get in trouble. I think the term was intended for kids who wouldn't use exectra even if they knew they'd never be caught.
Rachii!
King For A Couple Of Days
Rachii!
August 1st, 2008 at 11:40am
Start Something.:
Rachii!:
I'm 15 and I've decided to be straightXedge. I don't think it's wrong to say you're sXe if you're under 18 because most teens drink/smoke these days anyway. I'm one of about 3 people in my group of friends that are sXe and most of the others respect it, some even say they're envious and they don't think they could do it.
However it is difficult when all your friends are out getting drunk at the weekend and you're left out.

You don't need to drink to go out and have a good time :]

Although I can't really say a lot. I managed it for about 6 months, but it is difficult not to drink when everyone around you is drinking. I suppose it's the same for smoking too, although i've never smoked, so i'm never tempted by that.

but, if you've got the willpower to do it, then I think being straight edge is perfectly possible, and I admire people that can stick to it for a long time.

I am planning to stick to it, I'm just saying that for some reason you get completely ignored when everyone else is drunk =(
vivalarorya
Falling In Love With The Board
vivalarorya
August 3rd, 2008 at 10:17pm
I'm sXe...totally against drinking beyond anything, and everything else I've just never had any interest in.

...Except pot. I'd like to try that one day, just to try it. And acid. But not like as a regular thing, just as an experience to have.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
August 6th, 2008 at 10:47am
I'm sXe and I'm gonna stay that way, even when I turn 21, so I just hope people respect that decision. I don't like the taste of alcohol. It tastes bad.
Garrett Hanlund
This Board Is My Home
Garrett Hanlund

Mibba Blog
August 6th, 2008 at 12:51pm
City Of Angels:
I'm sXe and I'm gonna stay that way, even when I turn 21, so I just hope people respect that decision. I don't like the taste of alcohol. It tastes bad.
That's great, but you need to respect other people for the decisions they make, even if their opinions are different than yours.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
August 6th, 2008 at 01:34pm
City Of Angels:
Not all alcohol tastes the same. o_o
princess consuela
Geek
princess consuela
August 25th, 2008 at 07:04am
i hate it when ppl bash sxe. everyone should just respect others decisions. personally i don't do any of that shit and i don't claim to be straight edge but umm... lets juts say i support it. lol. i don't feel comfortable drinking. i've never tried but i just know i wouldn't.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
August 25th, 2008 at 06:34pm
I definitely respect people who are straight-edge (the ones who honestly mean it, not the ones who are just doing it to be "scene" ), and who knows, I may well end up making that decision someday myself, but I think I'm kind of young to decide something for the rest of my life at the age of seventeen.
Jello Biafra.
Jello Biafra.

Blog
August 25th, 2008 at 11:06pm
Janie Jones:
I definitely respect people who are straight-edge (the ones who honestly mean it, not the ones who are just doing it to be "scene" ), and who knows, I may well end up making that decision someday myself, but I think I'm kind of young to decide something for the rest of my life at the age of seventeen.

I'm 14 and I decided it. Coolio

The way I look at it is like this: it's not impossible to follow, and it depends on your level of ambition with it. If vegitarians can decide not to eat meat for the rest of their lives, then surely we can decide not to do drugs or drink for the rest of our lives.
guitars_are_sexy
Geek
guitars_are_sexy
August 26th, 2008 at 09:18pm
if you intend to try alcohol or drugs EVER that means you're not straight edge. sxe is a commitment for life. Even though i was only 14 when i decided to be sxe, i know that im going to stick with it because ive seen too many people destroy their lives completely, and because i dont need that stuff to have a good time.
for all the sxe people, how do you guys feel about using prescription medications for things like depression or add?
princess consuela
Geek
princess consuela
August 26th, 2008 at 11:11pm
guitars_are_sexy:
if you intend to try alcohol or drugs EVER that means you're not straight edge. sxe is a commitment for life. Even though i was only 14 when i decided to be sxe, i know that im going to stick with it because ive seen too many people destroy their lives completely, and because i dont need that stuff to have a good time.
for all the sxe people, how do you guys feel about using prescription medications for things like depression or add?

i don't like the though of being drugged in any way. i try avoid pills of all kind. of course that can't be always done.
Jello Biafra.
Jello Biafra.

Blog
August 27th, 2008 at 12:52am
guitars_are_sexy:

Using medicines that professional doctors, who know more about your health then you do, doesn't harm your body unless you abuse them. It's basically the same thing as taking Tylenol or Advil. Wink
Jello Biafra.
Jello Biafra.

Blog
September 23rd, 2008 at 12:00am
rise above:
Also, I'm just putting this out there because its been on my mind for a while, but I'd be willing to bet the it makes Ian MacKaye sick to see sXe becoming the whole fashion/scene thing that its becoming.

And everyone, edge or not, should listen to Minor Threat.

Minor Threat, Fugazi, and the Teen Idles ftw Cassie

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind if alot of kids are choosing to be sXe tbqh if they're doing for themselves, but if their becoming sXe just because it's "in" then yeah, I'm sure he'd be pissed about it.
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
September 24th, 2008 at 12:49am
if you don't drink, do drugs, smoke and have sex but have no belief against it, does that still make you straight edge?
Jello Biafra.
Jello Biafra.

Blog
September 24th, 2008 at 02:43pm
Opheliac_666:
if you don't drink, do drugs, smoke and have sex but have no belief against it, does that still make you straight edge?

Yup Con
Like with me, I have ALOT of friends who smoke pot and whatnot and I could care less that they do and they could care less that I don't.
Register