September 28th, 2008 at 07:35am
I guess I would be 'straigh edge'....
but I do drink,
but VERY rarely......
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
October 1st, 2008 at 10:40am
I just discovered the whole sXe thing is a punk rock subgenre some days ago. Rolling Eyes
Oh well, I'm straight-edge not because of this. It's because I'd rather keep my health and stay boring than have fun while I kill myself with these little vices. Plus, I haven't found drinking, smoking and drug-doing any fun.
I just hope you don't take this as an argument agains who does the opposite of what the straight-edge culture does.
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
October 13th, 2008 at 02:53pm
I agree - I don't think it's really a trend... A few people say it to be individual though, I guess.
I'm alergic to alcohol, smoke disgusts me, and think that anyone in possesion of drugs are stuipid [Apart from medical reasons, obviously Shocked]
So being 'straight edge' isn't really a lifestyle _choice_, I would drink if I could, so would I count as being straight edge?
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
October 13th, 2008 at 11:21pm
yeah i don't drink because i have no one to really drink with so it's not by choice.
is that straight edge?
princess consuela
Geek
princess consuela
October 14th, 2008 at 04:45am
Opheliac_666:
yeah i don't drink because i have no one to really drink with so it's not by choice.
is that straight edge?
ummm i dont think so dude. sorry.
it's straight edge when you choose not to.
Green for a Day
Idiot
Green for a Day

Mibba
October 15th, 2008 at 03:01pm
dude a lot of these people are saying it's okay to declare yourself straight edge and all but when i had an avi that showed straight edge people called me obnoxious and said i thought i thought i was better than others cause of my choice. and it wasn't obnoxious, either. it was just a guy and a girl sitting next to one another and one had an X on his hand and i think it said "above the influence" but i don't remember. either way, people went off on me, but here, they're being all cool about it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 15th, 2008 at 03:19pm
Green for a Day:
dude a lot of these people are saying it's okay to declare yourself straight edge and all but when i had an avi that showed straight edge people called me obnoxious and said i thought i thought i was better than others cause of my choice. and it wasn't obnoxious, either. it was just a guy and a girl sitting next to one another and one had an X on his hand and i think it said "above the influence" but i don't remember. either way, people went off on me, but here, they're being all cool about it.
For any opinion you have, there will always be those who praise you and those who criticize you.
Emily-Cool
Falling In Love With The Board
Emily-Cool
October 31st, 2008 at 09:54am
Where I live, Exeter, a lot of the straight edge people are horrible to me. I have nothing against them, if anything I am jealous, because I smoke and drink,.
They do look down on me, but I guess that's just the one gang of them I know. :/
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
October 31st, 2008 at 04:26pm
They can do what they want, I mean good for them, because certain drugs are very bad for you.

But they're gonna miss out on certain drugs that can change their life... for the MUCH better

Mr. Green

juuuuuust sayin.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 3rd, 2008 at 03:49pm
Bleach:
But they're gonna miss out on certain drugs that can change their life... for the MUCH better.
Such as?
Weasil
Weasil
November 3rd, 2008 at 05:33pm
I can certainly say that being straight edge is a category that I don't belong to, but if people have goals in life to improve the quality of it, I admire that greatly. As long as my lifestyle isn't criticized, I can easily feel civil to those who choose to live differently.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
November 3rd, 2008 at 05:59pm
Tbh, not a lot of Danes would be Straight Edge.
Well , not 10 years ago. Or even 5 years ago for that matter. But these days, we've become very Americanized and individual. But I've heard on several occasions that we hold the Europe (if not World) record of drinking teens. And it's true - we don't have parties without alcohol. It's the way we hang out with our friends on Fridays and Saturdays. We do go to see movies as well, but basically, what we see as a Friday night is going to either a club or a friend's house to get drunk and have fun with loud music (most smoke cigarettes too, even though the legal age for buying tobacco has been set to 18 instead of 16) followed by a Monday of "I was sooo drunk" and recollecting with your friends about what went down. My town is apparently huge for drugs, too, even though I have never been offered and I wouldn't take the offer if I was, but there are several drug-addicts that I know by name, including a guy I used to go to school with who is constantly walking the streets looking absent-minded.

What I think i mean is, straight edge is great for those who want that, but I doubt it will be popular here for atleast 5 years. I bet there are a few StraightEdgers somewhere in Denmark though tehe
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 4th, 2008 at 03:49pm
ocean avenue:
But these days, we've become very Americanized and individual.
How does that work? Coolio
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
November 5th, 2008 at 01:52pm
Kurtni:
ocean avenue:
But these days, we've become very Americanized and individual.
How does that work? Coolio
Well, most the shows we watch on TV are american, and the ones that aren't are usually inspired by American tv-shows, and that influences our lifestyle in many ways, like cloth-wise and decoration etc.
We've also started to use the internet for more than research and emailing, we've started to use websites like myspace, and with so many opportunities, we've become more individual because we'll usually visit different websites, plus it has become quite important to be individual and fresh instead of looking like everyone else.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
November 6th, 2008 at 02:48pm
Kurtni:
Bleach:
But they're gonna miss out on certain drugs that can change their life... for the MUCH better.
Such as?
DMT, LSD
Emily-Cool
Emily-Cool
November 8th, 2008 at 06:05pm
straight edge is becoming a trend.. some people are like 'arr yeah I'm straight edge mate'
And.. they don't even really know what it fully means.
I know this guy who is like.. yeah I am straight edge, but I still drink and do a bit of weed now and again, hardly ever though Confused

It's just a bit of a joke now..
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
November 14th, 2008 at 04:25pm
Operatic Skeleton:
Bleach:
Kurtni:
Bleach:
Such as?
DMT, LSD
I don't really think becoming a drug addict changes anyone's life for the better... :S

Also jfc I'm so sick of people who claim to be straight edge simply because they are underage but plan on drinking when legal.

STRAIGHT EDGE IS MEANT TO BE A LIFELONG COMMITMENT.
wait, do you think LSD and DMT are addictive? because that's the funniest thing I've ever heard

and people do that? ...makes no sense.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
November 17th, 2008 at 11:08pm
Operatic Skeleton:
Bleach:
wait, do you think LSD and DMT are addictive? because that's the funniest thing I've ever heard

and people do that? ...makes no sense.
I don't even know what DMT is and I can't be bothered looking it up ;D

LSD isn't physically addictive but you can become psychologically dependent on it.
Humans can get addicted to anything, and I'm sure there are many people addicted to the high that LSD gives.

And people do what? Faith
loling over here sry
you should not say things like that if you do not have much knowledge of them. just saying, because you are way off.

There has never ever been a SINGLE case of someone becoming dependent of addicted to any psychedelic drug. LSD is NOT some drug that makes you happy and see colors. Yes, you definatley do se intense and complex geometric patterns, and yes, you can feel bliss and great euphoria, but it is in no way a 'high' why do you think they call it a trip? It's like you go into another universe, and your mind, ego, self, reality, get's stripped away, and it's just you, you are everything, and everything is you, in fact, there is no you. ...don't you think that's just a tad bit mentally exhausting? you do get very tired the next day. LSD in an enlightenment drug, not a feel good drug. every psychedelic drug is like this aswell. Psychedelics are not meant to be used daily... if you did use them daily, you'd be very tired, and you would barely feel the effects by the end of a week if you took the same amount each day. you have a three-day tolerance to LSD.

Any other myths you have about LSD?

you were talking about how underaged peole are saying their straight edge because they won't drink until they're at the legal age to drink.

anyways
Even though you didn't ask, I'm gonna tell, because I think people should definatley know what this is, and it's very interesting.
DMT - Di-Methyl-Tryptamine [Di-Methyl means "two carbon"]
is
A trypamine. A tryptamine is a type of neurotransmitter. This chemical is in pretty much all plants, and is also in birds, reptiles, and mammals [like you and me!] It is produced in your pineal gland, which is also responsible for making melatonin, you know, the stuff that makes you sleepy and your skin lighter. It is found in your blood, too, in fact, people with schitzophrenia [did I spell that right?] have higher levels of DMT in their blood. so, when you go to sleep, and you dream, your pineal gland releases this DMT. That's what makes you dream. you know how you usually only remember one dream each night? DMT does this, the more you take, typically, the less you remember.
I need to cut to the chase here. Most powerful psychedelic drug. Schedule I Drug may I add. Yet you trip on it every night, it's in your veins, your brain, everywhere. You need this chemical in order to live. it's what causes you to see a tunnel in near-death experiences [no.. that is not God, those are chemicals flooding through your body] Decartes believed the pineal gland was the bridge between body and spirit. People have the most spiritual, amazing, intense experiences of their lives when they use this drug [in crystal form, as it is also sold as a smokeable crystal extraxted from tree bark]

HOW COOL IS THAT! Sarcastic
Mike Dirnt.
King For A Couple Of Days
Mike Dirnt.

Mibba
November 24th, 2008 at 11:54am
I could never be straightedge, myself.
I enjoy having a drink every now and then, no, it doesn't mean I rely on it for a good time, but I do enjoy drinking with my friends sometimes.

I have a great respect for people who are straightedge because in my opinion, in today's world it takes a lot to say no to these things on offer and for people to tell others they are straightedge.

I, myself, occasionally smoke if there's a cig going and I know it's bad for me but I only very rarely indulge in it.

However, it's something that I know I don't always have the willpower to turn down. I mean, sure, I'm not as weak as to accept everything that somebody offers me, I don't do drugs, for instance, but as I said, I enjoy the occasional drink.

But big up the straightedges for being, in my eyes, pretty strong people !
Effy
Addict
Effy
November 26th, 2008 at 11:29am
I think that 'straight edge' is bullshit.
It's great if you ban smoking, drugs and alcohol out of your life but you don't need a label, a subculture and a group to do so.
To me it is frightening that you need to make a commitment to yourself, but also a group of people for the rest of your life. Chosing not to use drugs etc. should be a personal decission, nobody should have anything to do with that.
I also find it hypocritical to say you ban the bad things that society 'forces' on you, by not using drugs, alcohol or smoking. If you feel that way you should also ban eating fast food, ban mass production and stop watching tv (for example). On top of that I feel that the whole concept of: everybody is unique and special in his/her own way (as long as you're special and unique in a group), is also forced upon us. And that joining a straight edge group is a perfect example of that.

If you are 'straight edge' all I have to say is: more power to you. It's good that you choose to live a healthy life.
But I enjoy wine and an ocasional cigarette far too much Smile
Register