Straight Edge

AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 2nd, 2008 at 04:58pm
X_Mrs.Armstrong_X:

someone said that if you're straight edge, don't you bea p people who smoke, drink, or do drugs?

That made no sense. Coolio
Nikki-Inkz
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Nikki-Inkz
July 3rd, 2008 at 08:58am
If someone decides to be straight edge, good for them. It's a tough choice, I guess but it's not gonna put that much pressure on someone who's not giving up an addiction.
Joshontheguitar
Geek
Joshontheguitar
July 3rd, 2008 at 07:49pm
lol i always thot sxe was someone spelling sex wrong lol

as for straight edge, good for those lucky bastards who can be.

for me its my fate, so get off my case.

I have the right to kill myself, and i don't appreciate it when people tell me not too

i know all of us who do such things are being selfish,

but think about it.

those of us who smoke are actually doing our loved ones a favor. or atleast those who think like me.

You see, the reason i smoke is because i cant commit suicide. But, smoking is in essence suicide if you have full knowledge of what it does. AND YET, people will blame the cigarrette companies. Your loved ones dont think of you as a suicide case, but as a victim of the capitolist demons at Big Tobacco.

This is why i encourage people who are suicidal to smoke

as for other drugs

up to the person.
Joshontheguitar
Geek
Joshontheguitar
July 4th, 2008 at 01:32am
Harry Potter.:
Joshontheguitar:
blah blah blah

as for other drugs

up to the person.
oh my god you have got to be kidding me.

Smoking is not going to kill someone as quickly as suicide would.

Being suicidal is not a permanent situation and one day when they stop being suicidal and ready to start really living, they will just have a pair of fucked up lungs.
we all die anyway

thats the inevitable truth

might as well have fun doing it

life is simply death drawn out over way too much time
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
July 4th, 2008 at 01:42am
I'm very healthy. I've never smoked a cigarette in my entire life. It's an amazing life.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
July 4th, 2008 at 01:46am
Joshontheguitar:
Harry Potter.:
Joshontheguitar:
blah blah blah

as for other drugs

up to the person.
oh my god you have got to be kidding me.

Smoking is not going to kill someone as quickly as suicide would.

Being suicidal is not a permanent situation and one day when they stop being suicidal and ready to start really living, they will just have a pair of fucked up lungs.
we all die anyway

Dude, you're really morbid.
Skippy.
Falling In Love With The Board
Skippy.

Mibba
July 4th, 2008 at 01:51am
I don't really think people should say they're straightedge if they're under 18.
I know it's something that shouldn't really be defined by age.
But that's just what I think, my personal opinion.
Joshontheguitar
Geek
Joshontheguitar
July 4th, 2008 at 02:04am
Harry Potter.:
Joshontheguitar:
we all die anyway

Yes, everyone dies eventually.

But you might as well have a healthy life if you can help it, as opposed to becoming addicted to cigarettes and all the negative reactions that has like wrecking the environment and slowly killing body.

Mhm, sounds like fun to me. Rolling Eyes

edit: and also this has nothing to do with being sXe so plz stfu.

to each his own

and yes this does have to do with straight edge, we're debating the point of doing it

and yes skylar, i am =)
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
July 4th, 2008 at 01:36pm
The Name's Skylar:

Dude, you're really morbid.
He is Sad Too much negativity omgno
PainKiller
Idiot
PainKiller
July 7th, 2008 at 05:34pm
I'm not straight edge (I've smoked pot and ciggarettes; i quit cigs but I like the pot Coolio) but if you wanna be sXe, I say go ahead and don't let others pressure you.
Jello Biafra.
Jello Biafra.

Blog
July 9th, 2008 at 01:29pm
Karma Police.:
I don't really think people should say they're straightedge if they're under 18.
I know it's something that shouldn't really be defined by age.
But that's just what I think, my personal opinion.

But most teenagers in the 13-17 age are already ready making serious descisions about their lives, like what high school their going to, or any school in general. In my opinion, if their able to make descisions regarding their lives like that, why not make one about your future health?
Jello Biafra.
Jello Biafra.

Blog
July 9th, 2008 at 01:40pm
Joshontheguitar:
lol i always thot sxe was someone spelling sex wrong lol

as for straight edge, good for those lucky bastards who can be.

for me its my fate, so get off my case.

I have the right to kill myself, and i don't appreciate it when people tell me not too

i know all of us who do such things are being selfish,

but think about it.

those of us who smoke are actually doing our loved ones a favor. or atleast those who think like me.

You see, the reason i smoke is because i cant commit suicide. But, smoking is in essence suicide if you have full knowledge of what it does. AND YET, people will blame the cigarrette companies. Your loved ones dont think of you as a suicide case, but as a victim of the capitolist demons at Big Tobacco.

as for other drugs

up to the person.

It's not your FATE to start smoking/doing drugs. It's not like you born with a cigarette in your hand or you had some kind of Snow White-like spell put on you where you have to smoke/do drugs.

Doing drugs of any kind or smoking can be a form of suicide. But, the people who are doing it usually know that it can kill them. And the whole suicidal things, that's just sick. The only thing you should encourage suicidal people to do is to keep trying with life and support them the whole way.

And suicide has nothing to do with being straight edge, so yeah. Coolio
Agent Zombie
Idiot
Agent Zombie

Blog
July 11th, 2008 at 03:46am
i kind of think its impossible to follow Surprised

cause what if you get married and do that cute little wine drink thing with your spouse? then what if you like it? then what if you decide drinking is ok? then maybe you get addicted? OR MAYBE, you need a drink before you sleep with this wierd igor looking fellow, then you like it, and afterwards you might need a cigarette?

i dunno i think its impossible :3
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 11th, 2008 at 11:37am
Agent Zombie:

cause what if you get married and do that cute little wine drink thing with your spouse? then what if you like it? then what if you decide drinking is ok? then maybe you get addicted? OR MAYBE, you need a drink before you sleep with this wierd igor looking fellow, then you like it, and afterwards you might ]need a cigarette?

You never "need" to do any of those things.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
July 11th, 2008 at 01:06pm
I agree with Kurtni. I may get married to someone else who doesn't drink or smoke. It's the best way to do it.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
July 11th, 2008 at 04:48pm
Alex Evans.:
I agree with Kurtni. I may get married to someone else who doesn't drink or smoke. It's the best way to do it.
It's never too late to start doing it though.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
July 11th, 2008 at 06:33pm
Agent Zombie:

cause what if you get married and do that cute little wine drink thing with your spouse? then what if you like it? then what if you decide drinking is ok? then maybe you get addicted? OR MAYBE, you need a drink before you sleep with this wierd igor looking fellow, then you like it, and afterwards you might need a cigarette?

... That's just ridiculous. If you wanted to do the "cute little wine drink thing" then you'd find a non-alcoholic equivalent if you didn't drink for yourself.

And if you didn't want to sleep with someone, why would you get drunk to force yourself to sleep with them? Eh
Agent Zombie
Idiot
Agent Zombie

Blog
July 11th, 2008 at 09:54pm
I dunno just taking the 'what ifs' out of tv shows i've been watching. True tho, its never to late to start. Surprised
Rachii!
King For A Couple Of Days
Rachii!
July 29th, 2008 at 02:36pm
I'm 15 and I've decided to be straightXedge. I don't think it's wrong to say you're sXe if you're under 18 because most teens drink/smoke these days anyway. I'm one of about 3 people in my group of friends that are sXe and most of the others respect it, some even say they're envious and they don't think they could do it.
However it is difficult when all your friends are out getting drunk at the weekend and you're left out.
Verbatim.
King For A Couple Of Days
Verbatim.
July 30th, 2008 at 10:39am
Rachii!:
I'm 15 and I've decided to be straightXedge. I don't think it's wrong to say you're sXe if you're under 18 because most teens drink/smoke these days anyway. I'm one of about 3 people in my group of friends that are sXe and most of the others respect it, some even say they're envious and they don't think they could do it.
However it is difficult when all your friends are out getting drunk at the weekend and you're left out.

You don't need to drink to go out and have a good time :]

Although I can't really say a lot. I managed it for about 6 months, but it is difficult not to drink when everyone around you is drinking. I suppose it's the same for smoking too, although i've never smoked, so i'm never tempted by that.

but, if you've got the willpower to do it, then I think being straight edge is perfectly possible, and I admire people that can stick to it for a long time.
Register