Straight Edge

AuthorMessage
Remarkable Rocket
Falling In Love With The Board
Remarkable Rocket
June 25th, 2008 at 08:38am
I think it's silly of people to give themselves a title like that.

But besides that I have absolutely nothing against straight edge kids as long as they don't knock what other people choose to do.

I smoke cigarettes, I smoke pot, I have sex. I've been known to have the occasional drink with friends but am by no means a drinker.. or one who drinks to get fucked up.

No. I would not say that smoking cigarettes, smoking pot, and having sex is a "lifestyle." I just happen to be a nervous person so I smoke when I'm in public, I happen to enjoy chillin' out and smoking a bowl, and I love feeling close to my boyfriend in a physical way like that.
The way I live my life is by being a peaceful person, working a full time job, educating myself (reading, writing), basically surviving, and loving the people I suround myself with, and being loyal to them.

Now... if the fact that I smoke, smoke pot, and have sex is not my lifestyle, than is the fact that you don't your lifestyle? I'm not trying to tell you no, but the way I see it, no.. it is not your lifestyle, just decisions you've made.

Instead of trying so hardcore to define yourself as straightedge why not just practice on making yourself a good person with the things that really matter in life.

I guess if that makes any sense... that's all I have to say.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
June 26th, 2008 at 12:19am
Dop whatever the hell makes you happy. I don't care.
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
June 26th, 2008 at 03:56pm
Remarkable Rocket:
against straight edge kids.

this phrase always gets me tbh. these 14/15 year olds claim that they're straight edge when, in real life, they're not even old enough to do any of the things that they're claiming to stay away from.
it really makes me laugh omg.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 26th, 2008 at 09:00pm
I don't know why people are bringing sex into the subject. cause sex shouldn't be looked down, and it isn't bad. at all.
droid.
King For A Couple Of Days
droid.

Mibba
June 26th, 2008 at 09:08pm
Bleach:
I don't know why people are bringing sex into the subject. cause sex shouldn't be looked down, and it isn't bad. at all.
one part of being straight edge is not having sex, so...
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 26th, 2008 at 09:23pm
can i say.:
Bleach:
really?
shoulda guessed that.
But really, sex[ual energy] is a natural part of our lives, and it's a great thing. To look down on it as some horrible thing, well, I don't know how to exactly word it, but basically that itself is a terrible thing. Have sex with someone you love, because, well, that's the point of it, to show the ultimate bond between two people. Why would you stop that?
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
June 26th, 2008 at 09:27pm
I never got into those 'forbidden pleasures' and I'm not interested to go into them, so most probably I live an all straigth-edge life.
Why 'promiscuous' people pick on straight edges and vice-versa is something hard to explain. I myself find joy in simple things, without exposing myself to anything dangerous. But one's lifestyle is a path one must do by himself, wheter is bad or not.
droid.
King For A Couple Of Days
droid.

Mibba
June 26th, 2008 at 09:38pm
Bleach:
can i say.:
Bleach:
really?
shoulda guessed that.
But really, sex[ual energy] is a natural part of our lives, and it's a great thing. To look down on it as some horrible thing, well, I don't know how to exactly word it, but basically that itself is a terrible thing. Have sex with someone you love, because, well, that's the point of it, to show the ultimate bond between two people. Why would you stop that?
well, i think it's more like, not having sex with people unless you know you'll be with that person forever.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 26th, 2008 at 09:54pm
ooh, I see.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 26th, 2008 at 11:30pm
tomamazon:

this phrase always gets me tbh. these 14/15 year olds claim that they're straight edge when, in real life, they're not even old enough to do any of the things that they're claiming to stay away from.
it really makes me laugh omg.

What's your point? Teenagers drink and smoke all the time, it being illegal doesn't stop them.
can i say.:
Bleach:

Not having promiscuous sex.

Coolio Being straight edge doesn't make you a nun...
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
June 27th, 2008 at 10:33am
can i say.:
Bleach:
can i say.:
Bleach:
really?
shoulda guessed that.
well, i think it's more like, not having sex with people unless you know you'll be with that person forever.
But you don't even live forever...

If everyone only had sex with people they're going to be ~together forever~ with, everyone would be a virgin lmao.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 27th, 2008 at 01:52pm
Ieva Howard:
can i say.:
Bleach:
can i say.:
Bleach:
really?
shoulda guessed that.
But you don't even live forever...

If everyone only had sex with people they're going to be ~together forever~ with, everyone would be a virgin lmao.
lmfao

and the term ~being with forever~ sounds depressing
basically ieva just explained why
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 27th, 2008 at 01:57pm
But I don't see why now having promiscuous sex is part of being straight edge.
I don't have promiscuous sex
alot of people don't either.
What's the big deal then Dno
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 27th, 2008 at 02:04pm
Bleach:
It's just someones moral beliefs...
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
June 29th, 2008 at 02:33am
I've lived a straight edge life ever since I was born. I'll never cave in.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
June 29th, 2008 at 08:55pm
Kurtni:
Bleach:
It's just someones moral beliefs...
I see now. Think
Jello Biafra.
Falling In Love With The Board
Jello Biafra.

Blog
June 30th, 2008 at 03:39pm
Bleach:
'Cause being straight edge means that you lead a pure life, and then by not having having promiscuous sex, you lessen the chance of getting some kind of STD.

I don't really support the no sex rule. A few sexual encounters here and there can be good, just as long as your not gangbanging everyday. Coolio
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 30th, 2008 at 04:31pm
Rob Dyrdek:

I don't really support the no sex rule.

There isn't a no sex rule. Cheese
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
July 1st, 2008 at 12:17am
Rob Dyrdek:
Bleach:
'Cause being straight edge means that you lead a pure life, and then by not having having promiscuous sex, you lessen the chance of getting some kind of STD.

I don't really support the no sex rule. A few sexual encounters here and there can be good, just as long as your not gangbanging everyday. Coolio
no gangbanging, but it's okay to beat up drug addicts.
nice.
Green Day Hero
Idiot
Green Day Hero
July 2nd, 2008 at 03:39pm
I am against drugs completel...but ya kno, if people want to do it it's fine. it's their lives they're screwing up. But as for drinking I don't really have a prblem.

So i don't think I am straigt edge.

But another thing,
someone said that if you're straight edge, don't you bea p people who smoke, drink, or do drugs? I know someone who is and he says thats what they do.
I think it's lame.
Register