Smoking

AuthorMessage
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
December 8th, 2007 at 02:08pm
Tokyo Hardcore:
And as for my literacy statement, I apologise. I never actually insulted anyone over it. I merely corrected it.
Someone get this back on topic please Coffee
I was quite offended by it, actually.

But yes, back on topic would be good.
Sylar
Falling In Love With The Board
Sylar
December 10th, 2007 at 07:52am
If you get offended by something someone says on a message board, then um... You have bigger problems that a mere correcting of a sentence.
Don't reply. Case closed.

On topic, just how manyof us are addicted smokers? I'm curious.
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
December 10th, 2007 at 08:26am
i smoke but i don't know if i'm addicted.. i smoke because it relieves depression
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
December 11th, 2007 at 08:50am
Cancer happens, when the cells start to create new cells cause the previous ones are over and done with, and then they create too many, form a cluster and boom, you have your cancer. But until then, you're alright i guess. There's nothing too special about smoking, really. Costs though, and its a pain because there are so many places these days where you cant smoke anymore. Although... i think i might just ask a friend of mine someday to buy me a pack of those vanilla cigarettes, so much for wisdom, but hey, we're all sinners here XD
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
December 11th, 2007 at 09:32am
i'm not sure if i mentioned this but i heard passive smokers are the ones more at risk with the diseases because they aren't as immune to it as what the heavy smokers are. meh might of heard that from here actually
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
December 11th, 2007 at 10:48am
Opheliac_666:
i smoke but i don't know if i'm addicted.. i smoke because it relieves depression

if that was ever proved, there'd be a lot more smokers, don't you think?
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
December 11th, 2007 at 10:49am
Tokyo Hardcore:

-raises hand-
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
December 11th, 2007 at 01:34pm
Opheliac_666:
i'm not sure if i mentioned this but i heard passive smokers are the ones more at risk with the diseases because they aren't as immune to it as what the heavy smokers are. meh might of heard that from here actually

Opheliac_666:

Bollocks tbh. Smile
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
December 11th, 2007 at 05:49pm
camera obscura:
Tokyo Hardcore:

-raises hand-

-Also raises hand-
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
December 11th, 2007 at 06:20pm
I smoked about 20 a day and loads of joints for about 7 years, I quit last year though. Con
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 11th, 2007 at 08:10pm
camera obscura:
Tokyo Hardcore:

-raises hand-
omgno Im sending you nicorette for Christmas Ella!
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
December 11th, 2007 at 10:31pm
Kurtni:
omgno Im sending you nicorette for Christmas Ella!

Don't Mr. Green
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
December 12th, 2007 at 05:53am
bjtp:
I smoked about 20 a day and loads of joints for about 7 years, I quit last year though. Con

I used to be at a pack a day.. but I couldn't afford it.. mannnn.

Congrats btw Very Happy.
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
December 12th, 2007 at 06:14am
camera obscura:
Opheliac_666:

trust me, it does relieve depression, i'd think i know how i feel. i also know several other people who smoke when they're depressed.
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
December 12th, 2007 at 06:16am
[quote="Opheliac_666"]
camera obscura:
Opheliac_666:

trust me, it does relieve depression, i'd think i know how i feel. i also know several other people who smoke when they're depressed. it also obviously relieves alot of other things etc stress and how do you know that nobody smokes because it relieves depression? it's not like everyone in real life is going to go around and being all like "yeah i'm depressed, i need a smoke." btw a sympton of not having a smoke, is feeling depressed and that's a fact and yes there would be alot more smokers but they've never tried to know.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
December 12th, 2007 at 09:38am
Opheliac_666:
camera obscura:
Opheliac_666:

trust me, it does relieve depression, i'd think i know how i feel. i also know several other people who smoke when they're depressed. it also obviously relieves alot of other things etc stress and how do you know that nobody smokes because it relieves depression? it's not like everyone in real life is going to go around and being all like "yeah i'm depressed, i need a smoke." btw a sympton of not having a smoke, is feeling depressed and that's a fact and yes there would be alot more smokers but they've never tried to know.

placebo effect.

of course you'll be depressed and agitated by not having a smoke if you're addicted. Your body will crave nicotine, it's way beyond you. But that doesn't mean non-smokers will be less depressed if they started smoking, that's just ridiculous.
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
December 12th, 2007 at 09:48am
erm it's a fact it relieves depression.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
December 12th, 2007 at 11:29am
If it is a proven fact, could you please link us to your source.

Okay, you get depressed/stressed w/e because you need a cigarette, that's what addiction is, your body cannot function properly without nicotine.

Perhaps you are also depressed and smoking is a psychological crutch for you, but nicotine does not relieve depression.
Mass-suicide
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Mass-suicide
December 13th, 2007 at 01:07am
Its a waste period
waste of money, time, heath amd life you only live once so.........
Make good out of it!!!
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
December 13th, 2007 at 04:08am
bjtp:
If it is a proven fact, could you please link us to your source.

Okay, you get depressed/stressed w/e because you need a cigarette, that's what addiction is, your body cannot function properly without nicotine.

Perhaps you are also depressed and smoking is a psychological crutch for you, but nicotine does not relieve depression.

okay.

http://www.springerlink.com/content/k11u92592h758r7u/

and

Why Do People Do It?

Many kids smoke or use tobacco products to feel "cool" and grown up or to fit in with peers. Some do it out of a feeling of rebellion. Others do it because it relieves feelings of depression and anxiety. Depressed teens may also do it out of the hopeless or self-destructive feelings associated with their depression. In other words, they know better, but feel it doesn't matter.

- source http://depression.about.com/cs/drugsalcohol/a/smoking.htm Smile
Register