Religion and violence

AuthorMessage
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 12th, 2005 at 05:05pm
GangControl:
Scapegoat: a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings or mistakes of others.

yea, were not saying their opinion is a scapegoat, but they are making religion the scapegoat here.

and by saying we are like little slaves bidding to a higher beings word, your wrong. religion is a lot about living your own life, and at the same being able to respect the "higher being" who created you and gave you morals. i personally want to get to heaven so...put.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 12th, 2005 at 11:29pm
~*Wilted Rose*~:
religion is the route of most wars it induces violence look at the crusades and ww2

ww2 wasn't about religion, Hitler banned religion, because it was against the mould of his perfect German,
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 12th, 2005 at 11:30pm
NeoSteph:
~*Wilted Rose*~:
religion is the route of most wars it induces violence look at the crusades and ww2

ww2 wasn't about religion, Hitler banned religion, because it was against the mould of his perfect German,

Jews were killed, because of their talent as business men and because they were basically immigrants, hence why homosexuals and Gypsies were killed.
Stutterfly
Idiot
Stutterfly
August 13th, 2005 at 07:34am
~*Wilted Rose*~:

True.
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 14th, 2005 at 02:39am
Tainted:
~*Wilted Rose*~:

True.

ding ding,

untrue,

read above
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
August 14th, 2005 at 10:49am
it was because of religion hitler starte dhis little lets kill everyone thing it was gods way ..... He killed jews because they wern't of his religion he wanted to rid europe of the jews because he didn't like their religion......Hence invasion on polands a mixture of his imperialism and his religious beliefs
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
August 14th, 2005 at 12:26pm
GangControl:
I saw this statement stamped on consecutive pillars under a motorway. Its reads really smooth when you drive past

"Religion wasn't meant to cause violence, would your God accept your
worship?"

discuss

I believe that without religion ever exisiting we would not be in the hellish world crisis we are in today. Religion is something some ancient prat (obviously in the bigger picture, not a prat, but a very clever leader... and also more than one) made up to control his/her people, and thanks to them, people are bombing the fuck out of each other right left and centre. I am biased because i'm not religious, and i understand that it helps people with peace of mind etc, but surely if you want to believe in something higher and omnipotent, then you can do it for yourself and "speak" to that divine being in your own way. Faith is the most personal thing, and i think its wrong for people to have it preached at them. Especially when the preachers are brainwashing. Without religion we would still have race-hatred, but manipulative leaders would not have "the word of God" to control their people with.

Yes religion has something to do with it.. but seriously, how can you think that about it? Realigion is helpful to the people who chose to follow it.. to me God is someone people count on for emotional support.. it's their way to make light of things otherwise unknown like creation for example.. in turn they give praise or they worship the creator of the religion. the whole God thing is kinda unknown to me.. i don't like the rules so i don't follow that religion but other people find it an even trade so they do.. their choice.. religion has it's ups and downs..
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
August 14th, 2005 at 12:27pm
~*Wilted Rose*~:
it was because of religion hitler starte dhis little lets kill everyone thing it was gods way ..... He killed jews because they wern't of his religion he wanted to rid europe of the jews because he didn't like their religion......Hence invasion on polands a mixture of his imperialism and his religious beliefs

That wasn't completely the religion's fault.. it was also how he took it all
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 14th, 2005 at 06:37pm
it wastn because they were Jews, it was because they were different and because of the effect Jews had on his life, so he felt they were all little dumbfucks.

that and it was easy for him to use them as a scapegoat for Germanys problems
Coco
Geek
Coco
August 14th, 2005 at 07:33pm
its because each religion preaches that it is 'the one true religion' and the only way you can get to heaven i if you follow their religion. some religions also say that you have a duty to try and convert others to your religion.
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
August 14th, 2005 at 08:25pm
religion is just an excuse for people to have a fight with each other....
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 14th, 2005 at 11:43pm
~*Wilted Rose*~:

no it fucking wasn't. Hitler hated religion, he made it illegal to worship.

He pretended to be christian but he didn't have faith that's been proved.

The only reason Hitler attacked Poland was because he was on a seige of Europe.

Personally Hitler didn't play apart in the destruction of the Jews it was Himmler and the first idea was not to kill the Jews but move them to Madagascar.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 14th, 2005 at 11:46pm
~*Wilted Rose*~:

Think about it. the war started in 1939, the destruction of the Jews didn't take place until 1943. True they were persecuted by him in the early 1930's but that was to gain from their economy, THEIR religion was used as a REASON to kill them, but it wasn't because of that, that they were killed.
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 15th, 2005 at 01:42am
yea, really, go neosteph.

there is no religion, or at least any good ones, that harvest war. as far as i know, judaism, christianity, buddhism, and Isam dont. its the people who say their fighting in the name of (religion), because their nuts and thats a lot to swear by.
Beth (wgaf_218)
Jackass
Beth (wgaf_218)
August 15th, 2005 at 02:54am
I am going through kind of a phase right now where I am questioning my religion (Christianity). I'm not sure if I believe that in mass, when the priest "turns the host into the body of Christ," if it really does turn into the body of Christ. I mean, maybe a long time ago it was, but think about it. All those preists molseting little kids? after that, do you really think God would give them the privelage?

But all the answers lie (or is it lay?) in the Bible. The only problem with that, is that man has touched it. Man has translated it, and now there are some instances where there are 2 different endings or details in the same story (ei Noah's Ark... in one story, Noah sent out a dove, but in another, he sent out a raven)

I don't know how to wrap this up, but I don't think religion is the problem. But people who simply don't have a religion? People who just don't believe in ANYthing? Well... that's almost... lazy!
Beth (wgaf_218)
Jackass
Beth (wgaf_218)
August 15th, 2005 at 02:59am
NeoSteph:
~*Wilted Rose*~:

Think about it. the war started in 1939, the destruction of the Jews didn't take place until 1943. True they were persecuted by him in the early 1930's but that was to gain from their economy, THEIR religion was used as a REASON to kill them, but it wasn't because of that, that they were killed.
That is so effing stupid >.< (~*Wilted Rose*~) Hitler didn't kill them because of their religion alone. Hitler wanted to make the "perfect race" ('Arian' if thats how you spell it) which included beautiful people who were tall with blonde hair and blue eyes... sometimes Jews who met his standards were saved. But you have to remember also that the Jews weren't the only ones who were persecuted. Also, keep in mind that Hitler was... well... insane. Confused
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 15th, 2005 at 03:41am
Beth (wgaf_21Cool:
I am going through kind of a phase right now where I am questioning my religion (Christianity). I'm not sure if I believe that in mass, when the priest "turns the host into the body of Christ," if it really does turn into the body of Christ. I mean, maybe a long time ago it was, but think about it. All those preists molseting little kids? after that, do you really think God would give them the privelage?

But all the answers lie (or is it lay?) in the Bible. The only problem with that, is that man has touched it. Man has translated it, and now there are some instances where there are 2 different endings or details in the same story (ei Noah's Ark... in one story, Noah sent out a dove, but in another, he sent out a raven)

I don't know how to wrap this up, but I don't think religion is the problem. But people who simply don't have a religion? People who just don't believe in ANYthing? Well... that's almost... lazy!

first things first,

"all those priests molseting little kids.."

actually, its less than 1% of priests that do that, not everyone is perfect, but the media has a fascination with the catholic church, am i wrong? they literallty follow it, from one or two molestations to new popes and such. do you ever hear about any other christian religion? no! theres just as many other molesters in other relgiions, ITS NOT JUST THE CATHOLICS.

im sick of all the names. really, i am. its enought o make me VIOLENT.

the thing with the bible is that, yes, man wrote it, and yes, people translate it differently, which is why you should learn greek and hebrew and then translate it your own way, a lot of people do that actually. the bible is inspired by God.

as to the body and blood of Jesus, its not the actually body of Christ. Do you think during the first last supper he actually fed them his body. no, but its there, spiritually, mentally, every other way. its all about taking Christ and being one with him.
Beth (wgaf_218)
Jackass
Beth (wgaf_218)
August 15th, 2005 at 03:49am
zdf_jammin:
Beth (wgaf_21Cool:

first things first,

"all those priests molseting little kids.."

actually, its less than 1% of priests that do that, not everyone is perfect, but the media has a fascination with the catholic church, am i wrong? they literallty follow it, from one or two molestations to new popes and such. do you ever hear about any other christian religion? no! theres just as many other molesters in other relgiions, ITS NOT JUST THE CATHOLICS.

im sick of all the names. really, i am. its enought o make me VIOLENT.

the thing with the bible is that, yes, man wrote it, and yes, people translate it differently, which is why you should learn greek and hebrew and then translate it your own way, a lot of people do that actually. the bible is inspired by God.

as to the body and blood of Jesus, its not the actually body of Christ. Do you think during the first last supper he actually fed them his body. no, but its there, spiritually, mentally, every other way. its all about taking Christ and being one with him.
lol .... thats... inspiring! thanks Smile
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
August 15th, 2005 at 12:36pm
NeoSteph:
~*Wilted Rose*~:

true but the nuremberg laws to segregate jews and treat them as second class citizens was introduced in 1934 and kristelnacht (night of broken glass) was 1938 when the euthanasia program was introduced and so was experimental jew killing and the holocaust started in 1941 .....sorry killed a thread again.....Religion is a scapegoat........
VF Lover!
King For A Couple Of Days
VF Lover!
August 15th, 2005 at 01:44pm
religion is supposed to be a sacred thing. something that everyone in the world should keep to themselves. but the Christians (i am one, sadly) do flaunt their religion more than most because they are the majority. i agree with spill_no_sick, religion is just a way of keeping people in order and is a way for the ones who want authority to get it. but religion should really be kept to yourself considering it describes you and is yours in so many ways. sacred!
Register