Religion and violence

AuthorMessage
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 9th, 2005 at 01:09pm
tre_cool_is_god:
isnt the whole point of religion is to get people to live with each other in harmony? And NOT kill each other?

""A man or woman who calls upon spirits or fortune-tellers or magicians shall be put to death by stoning" - Leviticus:20: 6,27

Oh aye, yeah. Rolling Eyes
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 01:16pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
tre_cool_is_god:
isnt the whole point of religion is to get people to live with each other in harmony? And NOT kill each other?

""A man or woman who calls upon spirits or fortune-tellers or magicians shall be put to death by stoning" - Leviticus:20: 6,27

and the bible is then talking aout them summining up dead people i think anyway.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 9th, 2005 at 01:17pm
tre_cool_is_god:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
tre_cool_is_god:

and the bible is then talking aout them summining up dead people i think anyway.

No, it refers to ANY form of magick.
If I'd have put the whole thing, it then chats on about how it's a "prostitution to God".
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 01:20pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
tre_cool_is_god:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
tre_cool_is_god:

If I'd have put the whole thing, it then chats on about how it's a "prostitution to God".

What bible is that in because i am a non prctsising Mormon and we have a differant version of the bible. If i am wrong then i will say SORRY!
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
December 9th, 2005 at 01:25pm
i think this is started by someone who is anti-islam. with the refernece to "bombings" yes they do happen. but it is not the only religion with violence around it. what about priests who abuse young children? christianity isnt as pure as you think.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 9th, 2005 at 01:27pm
tre_cool_is_god:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
tre_cool_is_god:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
tre_cool_is_god:

What bible is that in because i am a non prctsising Mormon and we have a differant version of the bible. If i am wrong then i will say SORRY!

In the Old Testament of the Good Bible (Blah..good...whatever)
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 01:45pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
tre_cool_is_god:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
tre_cool_is_god:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
tre_cool_is_god:

In the Old Testament of the Good Bible (Blah..good...whatever)

then i apoligise for being wrong. Sorry! Embarassed
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 9th, 2005 at 01:45pm
It's okay, we all have to be wrong sometimes Wink
Dispatch SOS
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Dispatch SOS
December 9th, 2005 at 01:57pm
Finally, a thread I can participate in!!! Smile

I think that religion not only contributes to wars and such, but to incidents in our own towns...Many people use their beliefs to justify their actions. Like, some devout Christians I know think that beating up gays is OK, just because their religion has deemed their lifestyle "unacceptable". And of course there's all the holy wars occuring in the Mideast and there was violence in what was Yugoslavia (I think) about religion, Muslims in particular. So while religion doesn't necessarily contribute to all the violence in the world, makes up a large portion of it.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 02:13pm
xsideonedummyx:

I think that religion not only contributes to wars and such, but to incidents in our own towns...Many people use their beliefs to justify their actions. Like, some devout Christians I know think that beating up gays is OK, just because their religion has deemed their lifestyle "unacceptable". And of course there's all the holy wars occuring in the Mideast and there was violence in what was Yugoslavia (I think) about religion, Muslims in particular. So while religion doesn't necessarily contribute to all the violence in the world, makes up a large portion of it.

there will be race and religion wars in the UK soon. And then we will all have to carry guns.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
December 9th, 2005 at 02:14pm
xsideonedummyx:

So what you're saying...that religion is, infact, indirectly to blame for violence?
I agree. Very Happy
Dispatch SOS
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Dispatch SOS
December 9th, 2005 at 02:35pm
COF...11th December:
xsideonedummyx:

So what you're saying...that religion is, infact, indirectly to blame for violence?
I agree. Very Happy

Pretty much, yeah. Sometimes people drag religion into things without even realizing it.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 03:02pm
xsideonedummyx:
COF...11th December:
xsideonedummyx:

I agree. Very Happy

Pretty much, yeah. Sometimes people drag religion into things without even realizing it.

2 things you should never talk about in a pub politics and religion, god it causes so many arguements.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
December 9th, 2005 at 03:06pm
However, (don't let me get in the way of your christian/muslim/miscellaneous faith bashing) One of the most prominent messages any religion will preach is peace. Yes, even the Islamic suicide bombers, the pagan burning Christians...
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 03:11pm
Bloodraine:
However, (don't let me get in the way of your christian/muslim/miscellaneous faith bashing) One of the most prominent messages any religion will preach is peace. Yes, even the Islamic suicide bombers, the pagan burning Christians...

i didnt mean to bash anyones religious believes i just CANT have any.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
December 9th, 2005 at 07:30pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:

You should'nt go by the Old Testament anymore those laws were'nt enforced anymore when Jesus died on the cross. Thats why instead there are the Ten Commandments because we should live under the law [Leviticus:20: 6,27] we should live under the grace. o_o
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 10th, 2005 at 06:54pm
Sheepo@_@:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

You should'nt go by the Old Testament anymore those laws were'nt enforced anymore when Jesus died on the cross. Thats why instead there are the Ten Commandments because we should live under the law [Leviticus:20: 6,27] we should live under the grace. o_o

who do you think thought of the ten commadments?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 10th, 2005 at 06:56pm
Sheepo@_@:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

who do you think thought of the ten commadments?
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
Sheepo@_@:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

...It's still THERE.
I find it really offensive. But hey, I'll get over it. Very Happy
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
whoops SORRY!!!! Embarassed
Register