Religion and violence

AuthorMessage
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
August 16th, 2005 at 09:15pm
are you aware that jesus is a prophet in islam? what is it that muslims do thats bad? worse than what christians do, i mean?
do you really know what islamic theology is? do you know what their practices are? did you know that allah is arabic for god? they believe in the same creation, all the same things, but with a different view on the role of jesus, and a more pacifistic view on religion in general.
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 17th, 2005 at 02:56am
ok, i know what allah means, and i know the islam religion, but saying we worship the same God is wrong, because they worship a God that has them do different things than , lets say, mine does.

and yes, Jesus does play a part in every religion, I KNOW.
Dehren McGhengland
Rotting On Here
Dehren McGhengland
August 17th, 2005 at 02:59am
I'm Christian (-__-') but I don't believe in 'God' or 'Hell' and such, I think it's just somthing parents say to their little kids to make them have good additudes and have a good life.. I believe that when we die, we come back as somthing/someone else, and we don't remember we had a life before until we have deja vu..

>____< Yea, I'm a freak.. But it's my opinion..
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 17th, 2005 at 03:11am
Trés_Dominated_Love_Slave:
I'm Christian (-__-') but I don't believe in 'God' or 'Hell' and such, I think it's just somthing parents say to their little kids to make them have good additudes and have a good life.. I believe that when we die, we come back as somthing/someone else, and we don't remember we had a life before until we have deja vu..

>____< Yea, I'm a freak.. But it's my opinion..
your not christian, you dont beleive in God and you believe in reincarnation

you are not christian
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 17th, 2005 at 11:55pm
~*Wilted Rose*~:
NeoSteph:
~*Wilted Rose*~:
it was because of religion hitler starte dhis little lets kill everyone thing it was gods way ..... He killed jews because they wern't of his religion he wanted to rid europe of the jews because he didn't like their religion......Hence invasion on polands a mixture of his imperialism and his religious beliefs

Think about it. the war started in 1939, the destruction of the Jews didn't take place until 1943. True they were persecuted by him in the early 1930's but that was to gain from their economy, THEIR religion was used as a REASON to kill them, but it wasn't because of that, that they were killed.

true but the nuremberg laws to segregate jews and treat them as second class citizens was introduced in 1934 and kristelnacht (night of broken glass) was 1938 when the euthanasia program was introduced and so was experimental jew killing and the holocaust started in 1941 .....sorry killed a thread again.....Religion is a scapegoat........

euthanasia programmes didn't affect Jews, but Kristallnacht and The Nuremberg laws were put into place to strip the Jews of their economic right, not their human ones.
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
August 18th, 2005 at 07:49am
NeoSteph:
~*Wilted Rose*~:
NeoSteph:
~*Wilted Rose*~:
it was because of religion hitler starte dhis little lets kill everyone thing it was gods way ..... He killed jews because they wern't of his religion he wanted to rid europe of the jews because he didn't like their religion......Hence invasion on polands a mixture of his imperialism and his religious beliefs

Think about it. the war started in 1939, the destruction of the Jews didn't take place until 1943. True they were persecuted by him in the early 1930's but that was to gain from their economy, THEIR religion was used as a REASON to kill them, but it wasn't because of that, that they were killed.

true but the nuremberg laws to segregate jews and treat them as second class citizens was introduced in 1934 and kristelnacht (night of broken glass) was 1938 when the euthanasia program was introduced and so was experimental jew killing and the holocaust started in 1941 .....sorry killed a thread again.....Religion is a scapegoat........

euthanasia programmes didn't affect Jews, but Kristallnacht and The Nuremberg laws were put into place to strip the Jews of their economic right, not their human ones.

yeh....
ForgottenShadow
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ForgottenShadow
August 23rd, 2005 at 09:42am
i havent attented a church for years now and thats the way its gonna stay
GangControl
Jackass
GangControl
August 28th, 2005 at 04:11pm
zdf_jammin:
jews and christian historically do, but we dont with islam, no way, uh uh.

im kind of sick of people saying that, because no, my God would not have people do the things that muslims do. but God sent Jesus to show that the Jews were getting offtrack back then. they were doing rather ridiculous things

I believe the word mono-theism is used to describe a religion that worships one God, as opposed to poly-theism, with many Gods (excuse my rusty RS)

Islam and Christianity both worship one God, who created the world and such (all hail evolution) Those Gods have "prophets" to go out and teach the world the right way to go about things, perform a couple of miracles here and there.

I believe that religion is just a way to control people, as i have said. Teach people how to be "good" citizens, how to love each other, and to how to not live their OWN fucking lives. That can so easily be exploited by people using the "word of god" as an excuse to their own mislead thoughts. Your God wouldn't tell people to bomb the fuck out of others right? their God certainly wouldn't (a key factor here being that, the God's are infact the same idea and do not exist...) It is prominent figures within BOTH religions that twist these so-called sacred words, be it twisting them so that a young girl gets thrown out of her home because she had sex-before marriage, or twisting them so that young men go out believeing it is the right thing to bomb a train full of innocent citizens. Both these things are completely wrong in their own right, all be it at two different extremes. This would not happen in such a way without religion, because people would not be able to use the words of a non-existent divine being to ruin peoples lives.
eberneezer_egghead
Falling In Love With The Board
eberneezer_egghead
August 30th, 2005 at 11:45am
Over 3/4 of the world's violence problems are caused by Religion.
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 30th, 2005 at 10:11pm
eberneezer_egghead:
Over 3/4 of the world's violence problems are caused by Religion.

and you got this from...... where?
GangControl
Jackass
GangControl
August 31st, 2005 at 05:48am
Observing with an open mind and understanding.

Thats where.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 31st, 2005 at 06:40am
GangControl:

Thats where.

If that is in rerefence Jammin, thats very close minded of you

violence is not started by religion

gang violence is not about religion
animal violence is not about religion
personal attacks are not about religion
rape and murder is not about religion
domestic violence is not about religion

most vioence starts and ends with people and it's got nothing to do with their beliefs.
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
August 31st, 2005 at 02:30pm
i'm not religious..n i don't care if ppl r or not..it's their life...i've explained 1000000 times to my granny taht god doesn't exist,.but for her, god helps her through hard times..well..for some ppl, they need someone to turn to..someone to pray for...or to...idon't...if i believe in enything then it'äs life and the spirits, n ghosts n so on...
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 31st, 2005 at 09:35pm
NeoSteph:
GangControl:

Thats where.

If that is in rerefence Jammin, thats very close minded of you

violence is not started by religion

gang violence is not about religion
animal violence is not about religion
personal attacks are not about religion
rape and murder is not about religion
domestic violence is not about religion

most vioence starts and ends with people and it's got nothing to do with their beliefs.

yea, true, very true. but when they see that a (insert relgion here) did that, they think, o, humpf, stupid (religoin)'s fault.
Baguelle
King For A Couple Of Days
Baguelle
September 2nd, 2005 at 12:11am
I'm confused with religion at the time but I hate violence. A religion that would be perfect for me would be something non-violent, not too religios, spiritual, something to do with loving nature, etc. etc. I don't follow Christianity or the Catholic crap because God doesn't seem realistic to me, if you get where I'm going. A good example of this is the book "Carrie" by Stephan King. If you read it, you'd know that Carrie's mom is a VERY religious person but will beat the living shit out of a person who smokes. Why? You aren't fixing anything when you do this. Making it worse is what you're doing. She beats her daughter for the stupidest things and stuffs her in a clostet to pray for 6 hours. It's just awful. I don't understand. Why does this religion thing have to be so damn confusing. I guess I'm just a lost soul. Sad
Automatic man
Automatic man
September 2nd, 2005 at 02:23am
Yes, everything would be perfect if everyone believed the same thing, or so it may seem. It looks good on paper, but then again so did communism. I believe that if you care too much about any factor of life you become obsessed, and ignorant to other ideas which may lead to violence. Even if we all had the same ideas and lived together, we probibly wouldnt make any progress. I mean look at sigmund freud, he might not have made it anywhere if he hadnt been jewish and driven by being an outcast. My point is that no one thing is to blame, if there was no religion we'd probibly just be complaining about how sports or some other stupid thing is causeing violence. I dont mean that sports or religion are stupid...
Sammie
Idiot
Sammie
September 2nd, 2005 at 06:51am
Violence never starated with Religon....

People use it as an excuse to fight.
Baguelle
Baguelle
September 2nd, 2005 at 06:11pm
I agree Automatic man. Very true.
Cheech.
Cheech.
December 9th, 2005 at 12:51pm
I personally think religion is utter nonsense, which infact causes a lot more trouble than any other stuff.. it causes wars, fights, and many other terrible things.

You look back on most great wars/fights at some point religion comes into it
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
December 9th, 2005 at 01:06pm
isnt the whole point of religion is to get people to live with each other in harmony? And NOT kill each other?
Register