Are there too many foreigners in our country?

AuthorMessage
Faith
Addict
Faith
October 30th, 2005 at 04:39pm
If you want to get citizenship, you'll have to pass the test (I'm sure someone's already said that), by that time life will teach you the language.

But, yeah, I think it's pretty annoying to hear people talk other languages...I mean tourists are okay, but people who live in the country should try to learn the language to some degree. It's merely an expression of respect to others.
I'm in a foreign country right now, and I'm trying to speak their language, when I'm around other people. No matter how pathetic I am, it's better than making everyone think you're discussing them...besides, they hate Americans, so you might just get a punch in the stomach or something. Sad

P.S. Trust me, English is soooooooooo much easier than most Eurasian languages.
.Ashley.
Falling In Love With The Board
.Ashley.
October 30th, 2005 at 04:49pm
Everybody that lives in the US are foreigners, expect the Native Americans.
Faith
Addict
Faith
October 30th, 2005 at 05:07pm
Demolition_Dancing:
look people should be able to live where they want.if it wasn't allowed i would be born.i don't like to think people have to belong in a certain place e.g asian=asia
americans=america
south americans=south america
if it was like that then you wouldn't meet new people.

Ha-Ha-Ha...If you really think it is allowed to live where you want, I can give you a lesson on immigration. You'll die before you're legal in the US. It doesn't matter where you think you belong, where you family is, what nation you think you belong to. These days, they're more likely to send you back to where you'll get killed rather than let you stay. Maybe that is right, maybe that is not. But people whose lives were ruined, families that have been seperated, children who have to live away from their parents....they won't care why America is so protective of it's treasured land and goods. I used to be totally protective of immigration laws...now I'm crying all over them every fucking day...
Sorry about that...
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
October 30th, 2005 at 05:08pm
Half-Way Haunted:
*-_WaItInG_-*:
Well I'm from the UK, we have a similiar problem.
OK. So, someone has a really bad life, right? It's not their fault they were born in a horrible country. So they move here. That's fine. That's OK. But when they bring their religious ways and cultural stuff here, then is that really fair? That our country is being altered so that it is like theirs? Even though they've left?
I understand they want to live how they would have had their country not been a terrible one, but it isn't fair to change our country just so its like theirs. Because it isn't theirs. It's ours.
So yeah.

o.o

that is one of the most racist things I've ever heard anyone say on GSB. I am momentarily speechless...

Okay, no longer speechless.

You say it's not their fault if they have to leave their country.

And then you say that everyone should be like YOU because they had to leave their home. Mother of fuck.

When has, an islamic person come up to you and tried to make you pray 5 times a day?

Hm?

Yet I see christian, catholic and other european religions KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR, telling you that if you don't listen to them you will BURN IN AGONY FOR ALL ETERNITY.

if those people wanna live in 'your' country, let them.

because it is not 'your' country. It is an area of land. And unless you feel like being prejudiced against EVERYONE who does not PRACTICE YOUR RELIGION or believe in the SAME THINGS YOU DO...

shut up.

Yeah! I don't agree with the religions bit. People can worship whoever the fuck they want to worship [As long and they don't try and convince me to do the same, because THEN I get annoyed! But only about 3 people have ever tried to do that, and one of them is my mum.]
But what I do disagree with is the government trying to adhere to everyone elses rules. It's like...they've forgotten all of England's traditions! For example...the latest things they've brought about is that you're not allowed to have "Piggy Banks" because it might offend some Muslins.
Now THAT pisses me off! Greatly!
Plus positive discrimination!! I hate that!!111

For gawd's sake, just stick to the old ways instead of copying everyone else England, god damn you!
folkin' around.
King For A Couple Of Days
folkin' around.
October 30th, 2005 at 06:05pm
Our country was brought up by foreighnors (sp?).
Most of this country's people are foreighnors.
Really unless your Native American, aren't you a foreighnor?

When people come to our country you can't expect them to automatically
learn our language. Some of them are escaping hardships and never had
the chance to learn english, so get off their backs.
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
October 31st, 2005 at 08:42am
foreigners make our country diverse and unique, i dont think there are too many.
Hotel New Archaic
Idiot
Hotel New Archaic
November 2nd, 2005 at 01:42am
Faith:
If you want to get citizenship, you'll have to pass the test (I'm sure someone's already said that), by that time life will teach you the language.

But, yeah, I think it's pretty annoying to hear people talk other languages...I mean tourists are okay, but people who live in the country should try to learn the language to some degree. It's merely an expression of respect to others.
I'm in a foreign country right now, and I'm trying to speak their language, when I'm around other people. No matter how pathetic I am, it's better than making everyone think you're discussing them...besides, they hate Americans, so you might just get a punch in the stomach or something. Sad

It isn't. You grew up learning english. It's far easier for you.

English is the most screwed up language there is.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 2nd, 2005 at 11:39am
Half-Way Haunted:
Faith:

It is a hard language with all its different spellings of words which all sound the same, and grammar rules etc etc. I'm English, but I can see why foreigners find it hard.
TheFaggot
TheFaggot
November 2nd, 2005 at 12:20pm
If someone wants to try to live and survive in a country, they should be allowed to try.
~billiejoearmstrong~
Geek
~billiejoearmstrong~
November 2nd, 2005 at 12:25pm
Viva La Stupid:
it seems that more and more forgieners are coming to our coutry. I can see why for some but it is almost like Americans are being over run by people from South of the border and the middle and far east

the only thig that bothers me is YOUR IN OUR COUNTRY SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE I know its not that simple but I say if you are coming to this country .......any country to start a new life you should be required to take some sort of class

by any chance have you been called rasict yet
amistad.
Addict
amistad.

Blog
November 2nd, 2005 at 12:55pm
If their country has joined the E.U well then their entitled to live in any E.U Country so we can't stop them. If their not part of the E.U Well I think thats another thing...
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 2nd, 2005 at 03:59pm
Half-Way Haunted:
Faith:

I wonder why you assumed I grew up learning English? Confused Wink

I'm not saying English is easy, but it is much easier and a lot of other languages 'cuz grammar rules are much easier. Spelling is fucked up in German and French too, but at least in English inanimate objects don't have genders, and adjectives don't change according to the gender of the noun it describes; verbs are easier, etc, ect.
Before saying English is hard, try learning German, Spanish, Russian, Latin...I tried. Fuck, I'm sticking with English
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 2nd, 2005 at 04:04pm
What language do you actually speak then?
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 2nd, 2005 at 04:08pm
[[xXNine_Inch_NailsXx]]:
What language do you actually speak then?

LoL, I asked that question simply because I hate assumptions...Seriously, why did they just assume English is my first language?
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 2nd, 2005 at 04:11pm
Because you said "...besides they hate Americans", which sounded like you were saying you were American. And Americans speak English. Very Happy
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 2nd, 2005 at 04:21pm
[[xXNine_Inch_NailsXx]]:
Because you said "...besides they hate Americans", which sounded like you were saying you were American. And Americans speak English. Very Happy

Good point... Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Maybe I'm a legal immigrant, and only learned English 5 years ago, maybe I grew up in the woods and found out about the existance of people when I was 13, maybe I'm a true American at heart but don't have the American citizenship, maybe my parents kept me locked inside a house force-teaching me German and I never saw TV, radio or other people till I turned 16...
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 2nd, 2005 at 04:25pm
Faith:
[[xXNine_Inch_NailsXx]]:

Maybe I'm a legal immigrant, and only learned English 5 years ago, maybe I grew up in the woods and found out about the existance of people when I was 13, maybe I'm a true American at heart but don't have the American citizenship, maybe my parents kept me locked inside a house force-teaching me German and I never saw TV, radio or other people till I turned 16...

O_____________o
Hey, you never know! Laughing Wink
I could be talking to a pyschopath! lmfao
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 2nd, 2005 at 04:36pm
[[xXNine_Inch_NailsXx]]:
Faith:
[[xXNine_Inch_NailsXx]]:

O_____________o

You just might be... Daz
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 2nd, 2005 at 04:39pm
Faith:
[[xXNine_Inch_NailsXx]]:
Faith:
[[xXNine_Inch_NailsXx]]:

O_____________o

You just might be... Daz

lmfao
Which foreign country are you in now then?
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 2nd, 2005 at 04:43pm

lmfao
Which foreign country are you in now then?

I'm in hell, for real!

(Honestly, I just don't want to talk about it 'cuz it is hell for me)
Register