Are there too many foreigners in our country?

AuthorMessage
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 2nd, 2005 at 04:45pm
Okay Very Happy
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 2nd, 2005 at 04:54pm
[xx]Nine_Inch_Nails[xx]:
Hey, you never know! Laughing Wink
I could be talking to a pyschopath! lmfao

Watch out for xAnarchy4theUSAx to come correct your spelling...
Laughing
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 2nd, 2005 at 04:59pm
I can never spell that word. And I'm starting college next year, in which I plan to do psycology. Which I can't even spell....so THAT should be fun! lmfao
Green Day is my Religion
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Green Day is my Religion
November 2nd, 2005 at 05:01pm
^^^^lmao
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 2nd, 2005 at 05:03pm
God bless the Word spelling correction
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 2nd, 2005 at 05:13pm
Lol. Blah I don't care. I spell most words right..so...whatever.
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
November 3rd, 2005 at 04:07am
i liv ein etsonia, n yes, 1 third of our populaiton r russians n rumenians n hungarians n other foreigners....including finish. but luckily etsonians r the other 2 thirds lol.
geekoll
Geek
geekoll
December 14th, 2005 at 12:00pm
You couldn't always speak English. Like when you were a baby.
Simone
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Simone
October 22nd, 2006 at 10:24pm
Well, Australia is a very multi-cultural country and i personally don't have a problem with it. As long as everyone is there to live their life to the fullest and not cause problems for anyone else it shouldn't matter. Everyone who shares the land should have equal rights. If you move to a country you should at least make an effort to conform to their ways of life, sure it is hard to pick up a new language etc but a simply effort is all i ask and to at least try and become involved in that countries way of life. it does annoy me that large groups of "foreigners" migrate to a country and make their own little community and refuse to invlove themselves in anyway with that countries people or culture, then seriously why come there and then complain that people treat you differently.
wish_i_was_adie
Jackass
wish_i_was_adie

Mibba
October 23rd, 2006 at 12:40am
Well, if you think about it, everyone but Native Americans are foreigners since they were the first ones here. . .

I think multiculturalism is an important thing. It opens our eyes (regardless of our ethnicity) to other cultures and makes us realize that inside, we're all the same.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
October 23rd, 2006 at 01:20am
"America is a melting pot of cultures". 100% of the English language is derived from other languages. Sanskrit, Hindi, Spanish, French, Latin, Italian, Romanian, Arabic, Portuguese, etc.

English is probably one of the most synthetic languages in the world. I mean, it's the easiest for me to speak (having lived in America for most of my life), but you can't be so...

ignorant or arrogant or closed minded. No one has to learn Spanish just for a Spanish person. And taking Spanish or French in school will only improve your English skills and your communication and body language. No one is obligated to learn a new language for someone who doesn't speak English. NO ONE.

And for your information, many schools abroad have English classes or English as the medium for instruction.

The United States of America wasn't meant only for "Americans", which to you, seems to mean Caucasians. An American is someone who holds an American passport, a citizenship card. An American is someone who cares about the country and is grateful to be there.

And anyways, the country was made for outsiders. The Quakers were outsiders who wanted to escape religious persecution. It doesn't matter that they were white. It was a land of opportunity. And that's why people come. To escape whatever's holding them back, to find a new job, whatever.

I have lived in America for thirteen years. Since I was six months old. My parents are both Indian. My entire family is and so am I. But I consider myself American as well. We've moved back to India, but I'm still an American. And I don't appreciate being called a "foreigner" or being told that my people are outnumbering white people.

Fuck you.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
October 23rd, 2006 at 01:26am
Faith:
Demolition_Dancing:
look people should be able to live where they want.if it wasn't allowed i would be born.i don't like to think people have to belong in a certain place e.g asian=asia
americans=america
south americans=south america
if it was like that then you wouldn't meet new people.

Ha-Ha-Ha...If you really think it is allowed to live where you want, I can give you a lesson on immigration. You'll die before you're legal in the US. It doesn't matter where you think you belong, where you family is, what nation you think you belong to. These days, they're more likely to send you back to where you'll get killed rather than let you stay. Maybe that is right, maybe that is not. But people whose lives were ruined, families that have been seperated, children who have to live away from their parents....they won't care why America is so protective of it's treasured land and goods. I used to be totally protective of immigration laws...now I'm crying all over them every fucking day...
Sorry about that...

Rolling Eyes Ignoramus. My parents recently became citizens before we moved. And my brother became a citizen AFTER we moved.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
October 23rd, 2006 at 05:58am
My jesus. These are the people that do all the low-end jobs, the street cleaning, the janitors. And you're discriminating against these people for not being able to speak "our language" (though the majority of language spoken in America is piss-poor english. And you can't spell you're. So how about we kick YOU out instead).
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
October 23rd, 2006 at 03:06pm
Crazy Trucker:
My jesus. These are the people that do all the low-end jobs, the street cleaning, the janitors. And you're discriminating against these people for not being able to speak "our language" (though the majority of language spoken in America is piss-poor english. And you can't spell you're. So how about we kick YOU out instead).

you talking to me?
i hope you realize i made this topic a while ago.
Rolling Eyes
i have nothing against them coming here
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
October 23rd, 2006 at 03:13pm
i have a problem with immagration in Uk there are more Immagrants in UK than there are welsh people and i have a problem with it.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
October 23rd, 2006 at 03:15pm
Lucifers Angel:
i have a problem with immagration in Uk there are more Immagrants in UK than there are welsh people and i have a problem with it.

i can see where you're coming from

(- by the way its not that i hate these people or think any less of them)
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
October 23rd, 2006 at 03:25pm
Viva La Stupid:
Lucifers Angel:

i dont hate them either, i do have a problem because welsh has good has died out and there are no teachers to teach it but there are teachers to teach english to immogrants, seems a bit hypocritical to me.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
October 23rd, 2006 at 03:37pm
i'm also not saying i don't want to learn their lanuage or culture i actually find other culture quite interesting
CristhyneS
Jackass
CristhyneS

Mibba
October 23rd, 2006 at 05:31pm
Viva La Stupid:
it seems that more and more forgieners are coming to our coutry. I can see why for some but it is almost like Americans are being over run by people from South of the border and the middle and far east

the only thig that bothers me is YOUR IN OUR COUNTRY SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE I know its not that simple but I say if you are coming to this country .......any country to start a new life you should be required to take some sort of class

My country walcomed all the immigrants that came here during different wars in their countries. Since we became a country we've welcomed immigrants from all Europe, mostly (Italians, Portugueses, British, Spanish...), and tried our best to make them comfortable here.

I can only hope that if someday I manage to get out of here and go to another country, I'm just as welcomed as the people from that country would of been in my country during better days.

I do speak English (obviously) and I do agree, if you're in another country you should at least speak to its citizen in their language, unless they actually want you to speak to them in your native language for whatever reason (as learnign the langage or anything).
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 28th, 2006 at 06:14am
Lucifers Angel:
Viva La Stupid:
Lucifers Angel:

i dont hate them either, i do have a problem because welsh has good has died out and there are no teachers to teach it but there are teachers to teach english to immogrants, seems a bit hypocritical to me.
It is a pity such a beautiful, phloemy, language is dying out. I do not blame immigrants though. I blame the English. The globalisation of the english language has cause other languages to fade away. If you've read Bill Bryson's book, Mother Tougne, you'll know what I'm talking about. My father is fluent in Welsh, and I feel that I should be too...Unfortunately I'm not quite. Quite is the essential word. I am still learning and refuse to give up. My sister however lost intrest a long time ago, And I am disappointed in her. It's similar to Thai. I am fluent in Thai, but it is being used much less now then ten years ago when I was younger. And my sister is also not interested in learning her native country's language. The problem is, she can speak it, but she can't really read or write, so I don't consider her fluent.

It makes me sad to watch all these languages slip by while the empire of the enligh language continues to dominate the globe.
Register