Are there too many foreigners in our country?

AuthorMessage
Sylar
Falling In Love With The Board
Sylar
November 19th, 2006 at 08:30pm
Coff:
Mikko Lindström:
In our biggest city, asians outnumber all other races. I don't have a problem with it, but I think our government should make it harder for people to immigrate into New Zealand. We have a reputation for being clean, green and spacious- I'd quite like to keep it that way.

And in a lot of other cities, cacuasian people outnumber all other races. What's your point?

People are going to be born, people are going to move to other countries cause theirs is shit, deal with it. To be fair, unless you're (goddamnit sorry I can't spell it) maroi, then you're a foreigner too.

I mean, I know you'd like to keep it that way, but the population of the world is expanding. It's enevitable.

Maori.
Anyway, I know I'm a foreigner. I wasn't even born here. What I'm saying is that New Zealand's incredibly half arsed about immigration policies and pretty much anyone can move here. In order to keep NZ from becoming over populated like so many other countries, we need to tighten up on those policies.
And as I said at the beginning of my post, I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT. It just seems that people come here because they know they won't have problems getting citizenship.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
November 21st, 2006 at 10:24am
Viva La Stupid:
spaz_mango:
I live in Australia where the majority of people here aren't Australian born (including myself), i believe anyone should be allowed to enter any country but what i hate and do see a lot of is when people diss the new country they've come into and refuse to accept their lifestyle. It kills me when i see foregeiners saying shit about Aus. and i work at this cafe where i get a lot of people who can't speak english at all and it becomes extremely difficult to understand them. In the end i feel bad because i have to keep repeating sorry?sorry? (and i feel stupid). They should at least try to learn the language and the customs.

"Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do " Imagine - John Lennon

i agree.
You have no clue how hard English is. Plus it is already the most globalised language in the world. To those who manage to live without the English language, I salute you.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
November 21st, 2006 at 03:12pm
Anji:
Viva La Stupid:
spaz_mango:
I live in Australia where the majority of people here aren't Australian born (including myself), i believe anyone should be allowed to enter any country but what i hate and do see a lot of is when people diss the new country they've come into and refuse to accept their lifestyle. It kills me when i see foregeiners saying shit about Aus. and i work at this cafe where i get a lot of people who can't speak english at all and it becomes extremely difficult to understand them. In the end i feel bad because i have to keep repeating sorry?sorry? (and i feel stupid). They should at least try to learn the language and the customs.

"Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do " Imagine - John Lennon

i agree.
You have no clue how hard English is. Plus it is already the most globalised language in the world. To those who manage to live without the English language, I salute you.

I know it is a very hard lanuage. I don't think they need to speak it perfectly, jsut the basics
now i have more of a problem with illegal immagrants
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 21st, 2006 at 05:53pm
Viva La Stupid:

I know it is a very hard lanuage. I don't think they need to speak it perfectly, jsut the basics

I don't see why you would have any problem with legal immigrants, they pay taxes like anyone else, they aren't doing anything illegal. The only problem is the illegal immigrants.
spaz_mango
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
spaz_mango
November 22nd, 2006 at 03:09am
I agree that the english language is hard but i know i know some people who migrated here and have lived here for 10 years and not even bothered to learn... one example is my own aunty who only knows "no english no english" and shes been here for ages and didnt go to tafe or anything....
Australia offers its new residents free 500 hours of a tafe course of their choice, surely this enough encourages those to learn simple greetings and how to ask simple things....

You must remember also, learning the official language benefits these ppl themselves.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
November 22nd, 2006 at 07:05am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Viva La Stupid:

I don't see why you would have any problem with legal immigrants, they pay taxes like anyone else, they aren't doing anything illegal. The only problem is the illegal immigrants.

thats what i said.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
November 22nd, 2006 at 07:47am
I don't mind people coming here as long as they get a job and don't leech off our government. I don't like the way that they're prioritised over people who've been waiting for houses or what not for years, because it's just unfair, they should have to wait like everyone else.

Andddd I hate the way we're not allowed to be English anymore because it upsets people APPARENTLY.

If being English upsets people why are they in England? In Tower Hamlets, iinstead of having a bonfire and some fireworks on guy fawkes night, they had a Hindu Folk Tale.

Tell me, this Christmas are we expected to learn about Guru Nanak?

It's the government that's doing this really, they're like oh we need to include everybody's cultures, but they're banishing our own culture. It's stupid.

And when are we going to get the MOWOs?
Ryan Ross.
Basket Case
Ryan Ross.
November 22nd, 2006 at 08:43am
there are a lot foreigners in my country and i don't care about it. the only thing i claim to is that they learn the language and a bit our habits. like a headscarf is unusual.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
November 25th, 2006 at 12:49pm
i only have a problem with people who come into our country if they leach off the government, the health system, the school system and council housing whist not even speaking the language. plus, why should they get catapulted to the top of the list for council housing when British Citizens in their own country may be waiting up to 10 years to get somewhere to live. also, our country is tiny, we just dont have room.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
November 25th, 2006 at 06:47pm
Fear & Regret.:
there are a lot foreigners in my country and i don't care about it. the only thing i claim to is that they learn the language and a bit our habits. like a headscarf is unusual.

So what if the headscarf is unusual? I'm sure a lot of what people wear is unusual. It's part of their culture and their tradition and their belief. I mean, they should learn the language, yes. They shouldn't leach off the government either, no. But let them have their own culture and tradition o.O

I mean, at this moment, I have purple hair. Sometimes I wear jeans with a tarten skirt over the top, a black shirt and a green coat thingy. That would be considered unusual by many. So what, are you going to tell me that I'm not allowed to wear it now, or something?

To them, what you wear is unusual. Just because they've come to your country doesn't mean that they should have to stop wearing clothes that are part of their culture and beliefs and religion.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 25th, 2006 at 07:16pm
Coff:
Fear & Regret.:

So what if the headscarf is unusual?

Headscarfs aren't really unusal...Mr. Green
Then again, I come from one of the most muslim-populated towns in the most muslim-populated country of Europe. XD
I'm just used to people walking around in Hijabs.

anti-christ of suburbia:
plus, why should they get catapulted to the top of the list for council housing when British Citizens in their own country may be waiting up to 10 years to get somewhere to live. also, our country is tiny, we just dont have room

Stop listening to the BNP. That isn't true. They don't.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
November 25th, 2006 at 07:29pm
Euh, they're alot of foreigners in the big cites, but I don't care, we have to live somewhere..
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
November 26th, 2006 at 01:44am
Bloodraine:

So what if the headscarf is unusual?

Headscarfs aren't really unusal...Mr. Green
Then again, I come from one of the most muslim-populated towns in the most muslim-populated country of Europe. XD
I'm just used to people walking around in Hijabs.
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm used to it too, cause there are a lot of muslims in Sydney xD

But even if it's unusual to them, who cares? Deal with it. These people have come here to seek a better life, who cares if they want to wear it?

Not that that was directed at you Shifty it was directed at the other person xD
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
November 26th, 2006 at 05:44pm
Ummm.. Yeah.. America is a country completely made of imigrants.

It's what we're founded on.. everyone in this country.. except for full blooded Native Americans, are all imigrants - first generation, seccond generaton.. 5th.. tenth.. blah blah blah.

I wouldn't complain if I were you.
CristhyneS
Jackass
CristhyneS

Mibba
November 26th, 2006 at 06:32pm
Coff:
Fear & Regret.:

So what if the headscarf is unusual? I'm sure a lot of what people wear is unusual. It's part of their culture and their tradition and their belief. I mean, they should learn the language, yes. They shouldn't leach off the government either, no. But let them have their own culture and tradition o.O

I mean, at this moment, I have purple hair. Sometimes I wear jeans with a tarten skirt over the top, a black shirt and a green coat thingy. That would be considered unusual by many. So what, are you going to tell me that I'm not allowed to wear it now, or something?

To them, what you wear is unusual. Just because they've come to your country doesn't mean that they should have to stop wearing clothes that are part of their culture and beliefs and religion.

Thank you, oh thank you, for saying that.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
November 27th, 2006 at 12:41pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
I don't mind people coming here as long as they get a job and don't leech off our government. I don't like the way that they're prioritised over people who've been waiting for houses or what not for years, because it's just unfair, they should have to wait like everyone else.

Andddd I hate the way we're not allowed to be English anymore because it upsets people APPARENTLY.

If being English upsets people why are they in England? In Tower Hamlets, iinstead of having a bonfire and some fireworks on guy fawkes night, they had a Hindu Folk Tale.

Tell me, this Christmas are we expected to learn about Guru Nanak?

It's the government that's doing this really, they're like oh we need to include everybody's cultures, but they're banishing our own culture. It's stupid.

And when are we going to get the MOWOs?

Even though I'm a Hindu, I'm gonna have to agree with you on that. India is losing its culture when there aren't that many foreigners (well, okay, the British). No one, I repeat, NO ONE should have to replace their customs with someone else's. I mean, dayum. What does a Hindu folk tale have to do with Guy Fawkes night? As far as I know, (I'm american), isn't it for some guy who tried to blow up the Parliament and got caught? You have to speak out against things like that. SPEAK.

And while Guru Nanak was a cool guy, he doesn't have anything to do with Christmas. Replacing religion would start riots, so don't worry. Cool
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 27th, 2006 at 02:50pm
lyrical_gaah52:
What does a Hindu folk tale have to do with Guy Fawkes night? As far as I know, (I'm american), isn't it for some guy who tried to blow up the Parliament and got caught? You have to speak out against things like that. SPEAK.

A group of Catholics attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament when the Protestant King James I was inside.
Guido Fawkes was the most famous of all the conspirators and we celebrate his faliure to destroy the Palace of Westminster in 1605.
cactus.
cactus.
November 27th, 2006 at 03:13pm
Foreigners working in other countries don't have so well, honestly. For example, Romanians going to work in many countries in Europe, especially Spain, Portugal, Italy, Ireland etc are being very often discriminated . People say that Romanians are dishonest, dirty, yes, thiefs and mugglers, stuff like that. And recently, our English teacher told us that The Sun (or another important British publication) wrote that they don't want Romanians to come to Britain after we join the EU because supossedly we'd bring too much AIDS, pedophiles and sexual diseases. Which is the lousiest thing I've ever heard, because AIDS or other STD aren't even such a big problem here, compared to other countries.
My aunt and her family have been living in Canada for 9 years, and from what we've talked they're doing great. My cousins are always on top of the class, with scholarships, but it wasn't so easy for them to addapt. And the goverment didn't even do much for them. They worked just like everybody else to rent a place and get what they need.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 27th, 2006 at 03:38pm
Jovanna:
And recently, our English teacher told us that The Sun (or another important British publication) wrote that they don't want Romanians to come to Britain after we join the EU because supossedly we'd bring too much AIDS, pedophiles and sexual diseases. Which is the lousiest thing I've ever heard, because AIDS or other STD aren't even such a big problem here, compared to other countries.

Oh, The Sun. Mr. Green
No educated British person would wipe their arse with The Sun. True, our typically right-wing press do not want Romanians in Britain. They don't. Good that you included the "supposedly", though, because I doubt our dearest newspaper actually said it was because Romanians would bring AIDS. That is a new issue entirely.
Our country is small and overflowing. We do not have the facilities necessary for more and more immigrants. Indeed, we do not have space left for anyone so I shall be leaving the country and soon as possible.
christie road
Addict
christie road
November 27th, 2006 at 05:56pm
I heard that Canada isnt letting in anymore immigrants after 2010 or something O.o
Register