Billie Joe's Beliefs

AuthorMessage
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
August 30th, 2007 at 09:17am
Come on guys, how likely is it that this is a picture of the Armstrong's religious shrine??
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
August 30th, 2007 at 10:45am
Uh Huh.... Mesic

Come on guys, a religious shrine? The only thing Billie Joe worships is his kids, music and beer. The skulls look like they were left over from Hallowe'en and thecandls are probably Adrienne's and the rest is probably junk and shit that has just been thrown there.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
August 30th, 2007 at 11:03am
Cheese What makes you think it isnt just some random picture off the internet? We dont have a picture of their living room or kitchen, but a picture of their personal SHRINE gets posted on the internet!?!? WTF!
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
August 30th, 2007 at 11:06am
No, it is a pic from their old house, it was posted on GD.net a few years ago
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
August 30th, 2007 at 11:09am
Surprised OMG are you serious?!

..what's with the naked man-doll?? lmfao
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
August 30th, 2007 at 11:10am
OMGyes I see a pic of Joey!!
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
August 30th, 2007 at 11:18am
Dno lol

and awwww, I have to have a proper look lol
greendea
Jackass
greendea
August 30th, 2007 at 01:12pm
yeah! someone of you are atheist here? i am!
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
August 30th, 2007 at 01:22pm
Yeah, but this thread is for BJ's Beliefs only, if you wanna chat come to TPDC Very Happy
Maiku's Kind Ghost
King For A Couple Of Days
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
August 30th, 2007 at 01:51pm
Beat Up Car:
Uh Huh.... Mesic

Come on guys, a religious shrine? The only thing Billie Joe worships is his kids, music and beer. The skulls look like they were left over from Hallowe'en and thecandls are probably Adrienne's and the rest is probably junk and shit that has just been thrown there.

Is that why everything is right side up, neatly arranged and organized? how many people to YOU orangianze their "junk?"
That stuff could simply be there and displayed simply for decorational purposes, but far more likely it's there do to underlining religious conviction (whatever that may be.) Inference skills and common sense tells one that it's obviously there for a reason.
On the flip side, do you know BJ personally? Can you for sure that "The only thing Billie Joe worships is his kids, music and beer?" Can you say beyond a reasonable doubt that he has absolutely no religious conviction what so ever? What your saying is based on a perceived image of him brought forth by the media and your own idea of that way he lives based on that media. It's not based on knowing the man personally.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
August 30th, 2007 at 01:54pm
Well actually, he has been asked in interviews and stuff over the years what his beliefs are. And he has poked fun at various religions during shows over the years.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
August 30th, 2007 at 01:57pm
like? can you give an example of how he's mande fun?
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
August 30th, 2007 at 01:59pm
Like in Massachusetts (sp?) 94 he made fun of Harry Chrisnahs.. or however you spell it.. called them Hairy Christians.

and called them all a satan-worshipping bunch of people.

Look, I'm not saying he doesn't have some belief in a 'higher power' or whatever, but I certainly dont think that he worships a certain religion.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
August 30th, 2007 at 02:10pm
bjtp:
Like in Massachusetts (sp?) 94 he made fun of Harry Chrisnahs.. or however you spell it.. called them Hairy Christians.

That doesn't really say anything. " Hairy Christians?" that's just funny.

And He could simply be mocking, since the majority of the people their where probably young people, quite a few of them of non conformist verity, society's perception of them, which tends to label them as "Satan worshipers" or he was just saying it for shock value.

bjtp:
Look, I'm not saying he doesn't have some belief in a 'higher power' or whatever, but I certainly dont think that he worships a certain religion.

That's a rather fair conclusion I think. Based on what I think the "Shrine" tells me
greendea
Jackass
greendea
August 30th, 2007 at 02:13pm
anyway bj believes in music!
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
August 30th, 2007 at 02:18pm
He also went to Christian pre-school and Sunday School when he was little. He seemed fairly jaded by the whole experience.. see Egos and Icons.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
August 30th, 2007 at 02:28pm
bjtp:
He also went to Christian pre-school and Sunday School when he was little. He seemed fairly jaded by the whole experience.. see Egos and Icons.

I went to Catholic School for Seven long and torturous years and after that I was rather religiously jaded myself. Then, after going though a bout of over zealous Religious conviction, I went though a rather agnostic stage which where I am now.

who's to say, that something similar didn't happen to Billie?
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
August 30th, 2007 at 02:32pm
I am in exactly the same position, and I also agree that that is probably what happened to Billie!
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 30th, 2007 at 07:35pm
bjtp:

lmfaolmfaolmfao...I'm a Hindu and even I think its funny...

Its Hare Krishnas, btw. Stupid street-preachy assholes. Shifty

If that hadn't been in 94, I would say its a reference to Life of Pi.
greendea
Jackass
greendea
August 31st, 2007 at 01:12pm
i'd like to see it! what is its name?
Register