Billie Joe's Beliefs

AuthorMessage
ren
Idiot
ren
January 13th, 2007 at 12:11am
Diet Coke And Mentos:
The other day I was reading some Green Day info and I read that Tre is the godfather of both of Billie's kids. Now, I had heard that before, but I never really thought about it. So, if he got his kids baptized, he must still be live in God and Jesus at least a little bit. If he didn't believe why else would they be baptized. I mean maybe he wants them to make their on choices on religion when they get older. He has said some offending thing though. Like,"I smell pot. Jesus is gonna get you! But we all know that Jesus is a pothead." I read that in Rolling Stone Magizine. I was really offended. So I don't know, maybe he does, maybe he doesn't.

i think that a lot of the "godfather and godmother" tradition has lost its meaning. i cant obviously speak for him but it seems as more of a youre my best friend and i trust you with my kids lives. And i know people who have god parents and they arent baptized, i actually didnt know that they went together.
Names are stupid!
Jackass
Names are stupid!
January 13th, 2007 at 02:28pm
yeah i agree i also know people that aren't baptised but they have godparents. but i want to know why isn't mike a godfather to one of them?
missand
Geek
missand

Mibba
January 13th, 2007 at 03:11pm
why should it matter what religeion he is im christian sometimes not all the time cos im not going to devot myself to god and ruin my life.

but i call jesus a dope head all the time, he probabbly did and who could blame him

you dont have to pray, sing hyms,wear a cross and ask for forgiveness i do lots of shit that isn't considered churchy but who cares
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 15th, 2007 at 04:37pm
ren:
Diet Coke And Mentos:
The other day I was reading some Green Day info and I read that Tre is the godfather of both of Billie's kids. Now, I had heard that before, but I never really thought about it. So, if he got his kids baptized, he must still be live in God and Jesus at least a little bit. If he didn't believe why else would they be baptized. I mean maybe he wants them to make their on choices on religion when they get older. He has said some offending thing though. Like,"I smell pot. Jesus is gonna get you! But we all know that Jesus is a pothead." I read that in Rolling Stone Magizine. I was really offended. So I don't know, maybe he does, maybe he doesn't.

i think that a lot of the "godfather and godmother" tradition has lost its meaning. i cant obviously speak for him but it seems as more of a youre my best friend and i trust you with my kids lives. And i know people who have god parents and they arent baptized, i actually didnt know that they went together.

Good point, I never that of it like that.
IxAmxMe
Geek
IxAmxMe

Blog
January 16th, 2007 at 11:42am
missand:
why should it matter what religeion he is im christian sometimes not all the time cos im not going to devot myself to god and ruin my life.

but i call jesus a dope head all the time, he probabbly did and who could blame him

you dont have to pray, sing hyms,wear a cross and ask for forgiveness i do lots of shit that isn't considered churchy but who cares
You don't have to do anything but ask for forgiveness. Once. That's it.
Toxic Narcotic
King For A Couple Of Days
Toxic Narcotic

Mibba
January 16th, 2007 at 10:22pm
Here we go agian...:
missand:

You don't have to do anything but ask for forgiveness. Once. That's it.

yeah! its sipmple Dance
KarenAndTheBabes
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
KarenAndTheBabes

Mibba
February 5th, 2007 at 04:35am
Lissie!:
And didn't Billie Joe study the bible many many years ago? I think he mentions in the interview when he's just five.

that interview was cute ^.^ i have it on my iPod

but chyeahh i think he may be christian, not a specific type, just plain old christian...like me Very Happy
Iam2fly4u
Geek
Iam2fly4u
February 6th, 2007 at 08:08pm
Forever:
I've heard he has no religion. Him and Adie both.

Thats cool, My BFF is no religion. And to tell u the truth, I don't really believe in religion either,
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
March 10th, 2007 at 05:09pm
Lissie!:
And didn't Billie Joe study the bible many many years ago? I think he mentions in the interview when he's just five.

his mom probably forced him to then omgno
netty
Geek
netty
March 10th, 2007 at 06:19pm
forced him? that brings a horrible image to mind. but I doubt it true. most kids at 5 years old do what their parents want them to do. if his parents were religious, then obviously he would be educated about it. just because some of you see religion/spirituality as abhorant doesnt mean that everybody does/should or that it is always forced on people.
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
March 11th, 2007 at 09:15am
Lissie!:

He was also 5.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
March 11th, 2007 at 01:23pm
netty:
forced him? that brings a horrible image to mind. but I doubt it true. most kids at 5 years old do what their parents want them to do. if his parents were religious, then obviously he would be educated about it. just because some of you see religion/spirituality as abhorant doesnt mean that everybody does/should or that it is always forced on people.

well thats what i mean he was probabley just like "ok whatever"
a_punk_girl
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
a_punk_girl
March 14th, 2007 at 04:50pm
i think he has something to believe in...maybe it´s not god or jesus...but he believes in something
IF I DON´T BELIEVE IN JESUS...HOW CAN I BELIEVE IN POPE?
IF I DON´T BELIEVE IN HEROIN...HOW CAN I BELIEVE IN DOPE?
IF THERE´S NOTHING BUT SURVIVAL...HOW CAN I BELIEVE IN SIN?
IN A WORLD THAT GIVES YOU NOTHING WE ALL NEED SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN...
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
March 14th, 2007 at 05:49pm
tehe Billie hates Bon Jovi. I'm sure he'd love you comparing his beliefs to The Jovi! XD
saint-jimmy-jazz
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
saint-jimmy-jazz
March 14th, 2007 at 06:00pm
Billie Joe has said many times that he and 80 were athiests so they had a speech including bits and pieces of catholic/jewish & protestant.
He may now have changed his beliefs i do not know and no-one on this website knows...unless billie has an account on this hehe
but he also said his family were pretty fuckin religious and i know they were christians

oh yeah i forgot to mention in an interview in early 2005 he said about american idiot
"I dont know shit about the bible so i sorta wrote my own"
j'adore.
Geek
j'adore.

Mibba Blog
April 5th, 2007 at 02:44pm
saint-jimmy-jazz:
Billie Joe has said many times that he and 80 were athiests so they had a speech including bits and pieces of catholic/jewish & protestant.
He may now have changed his beliefs i do not know and no-one on this website knows...unless billie has an account on this hehe
but he also said his family were pretty fuckin religious and i know they were christians

oh yeah i forgot to mention in an interview in early 2005 he said about american idiot
"I dont know shit about the bible so i sorta wrote my own"

Yeah that makes sense because 'Jesus of Surburbia' is hardly anything like the real Jesus.

I heard about the wedding. However, what I heard was that they had vows from different religions because they didn't know what religion to follow.
So maybe they've *found faith* in some random religion..I dunno.
Joel McHale.
King For A Couple Of Days
Joel McHale.

Blog
April 5th, 2007 at 06:55pm
Lissie!:
But the cross is christian, which means he's either a liar, a dumbass or Christian. Very Happy
Maybe he likes crosess? Dno
Betanynin
Geek
Betanynin
April 7th, 2007 at 09:15am
rageNlove:
he once said somthing about being agnostic. and on one interview about Live Freaky Die Freaky he said his inlaws weren't very excited about him doing the movie cuz they were like christian or something........ idk

AGNOSTICSSS Dance
Were Just Sexual..
Billie seems as though he'd be agnostic or athiest.
I cant really see him dressed in white, hands folded, singing the lords praises..

OR CAN I?
Twisted Evil
Betanynin
Geek
Betanynin
April 7th, 2007 at 09:23am
pearlyfrets:
tehe Billie hates Bon Jovi. I'm sure he'd love you comparing his beliefs to The Jovi! XD

How Can Billie Hate Bon Jovi!? - Where Did You hear This Image
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
April 7th, 2007 at 09:57am
Betanynin:
pearlyfrets:

How Can Billie Hate Bon Jovi!? - Where Did You hear This Image
From him, he's said it loads of times in interviews and he rips the piss out of their songs live a lot around the Dookie Era..
Register