Billie Joe's Beliefs

AuthorMessage
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
October 31st, 2006 at 12:21am
lyrical_gaah52:
There's an interview where he says that he and Adrienne really like Catholic symbolism. Crosses and rosary and candles and stuff.

I think they are more along the lines of being 'spiritual' and not so much 'religious' and there's nothing wrong with that. You don't have to have a label on your forehead to be saved or have in it well with the Big Guy upstairs.

I was thinking of that quote thing when I was scrolling down. You beat me to it.
Sunsh!ne.
Geek
Sunsh!ne.
December 1st, 2006 at 07:26pm
He doesn't HAVE a religion.
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
December 4th, 2006 at 12:01pm
If_Only_You_Knew:

You don't know that. This is for theories and discussions, not hammering.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 5th, 2006 at 12:32pm
Pickle:
If_Only_You_Knew:

You don't know that. This is for theories and discussions, not hammering.

PWNED. Well said, Pickle, well said! *standing ovation*
Lissie!
Lissie!

Blog
December 5th, 2006 at 12:39pm
lyrical_gaah52:
There's an interview where he says that he and Adrienne really like Catholic symbolism. Crosses and rosary and candles and stuff.
I've read it too.
MJ
Idiot
MJ
December 7th, 2006 at 08:41am
RIight! New girl posting so forgive if I sound like a idiot.

I think he is what he wants to be and believes what he feels is right for him. Don't think he's that into organized religion. Maybe he takes parts of it that make sense and leave out the rest and just live off those little bits he thinks will do him good? Mybe...I don't really know... Many people are like that though... Like I'm Catholic but somtimes I feel a bit of a diffrent religion is more true than a part of mine. Though I can't speak I suppose seeing as I'm a religous mix myself not knowing what path I'm taking since my parent say I can make my own decision... I don't know... Just what I think. Maybe I'm really off! Oh well... lol
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 7th, 2006 at 09:28am
We're all really off. This is just speculation because we're all obsessed freaks. Y'know? He may or may not have a religion but maybe he believes in god. Whatever. Say what's on your mind, n00b!
MJ
Idiot
MJ
December 7th, 2006 at 09:37am
lol, yeah...

*Has brain wave*

Anyone ever tried to google it? lol, just a thought...
Mrs. Lee
Jackass
Mrs. Lee

Mibba
December 7th, 2006 at 10:31am
I heard from somewhere that he has crosses and shit in his house and such...
Maybe he likes the look of them :heh:
MJ
Idiot
MJ
December 8th, 2006 at 01:13am
Yeah I think he just likes what they sybolise or how they look. He doesn't strike me as one who would have crosses in his house for religous reason, you know. Like he has the cross 'cause it's pretty. Maybe he doesn't choose a religion 'cause in the end he doesn't want to be wrong? Maybe...
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 8th, 2006 at 10:46am
Well, as I said before, there's an article that says he and his wife have crosses and candles and rosary and stuff in their house because they really like Catholic symbolism. Y'know...being spiritual without being religious.
catch_22
Geek
catch_22
December 8th, 2006 at 09:58pm
Pff religion is one thing....that is conducted....making people believe....but for some reason I'm thinking hes catholic or something like that.....i mean there's 5 religions that are just like the catholic one but they just differently on things like some religions think Jesus was the saviour and others think there's no such thing as a community of saints...but really if you look into it they all believe in the same jiffs of everything
Toxic Narcotic
King For A Couple Of Days
Toxic Narcotic

Mibba
December 8th, 2006 at 10:05pm
catch_22:
Pff religion is one thing....that is conducted....making people believe....but for some reason I'm thinking hes catholic or something like that.....i mean there's 5 religions that are just like the catholic one but they just differently on things like some religions think Jesus was the saviour and others think there's no such thing as a community of saints...but really if you look into it they all believe in the same jiffs of everything

whoa..dude...you really have a point there...
MJ
Idiot
MJ
December 11th, 2006 at 09:19am
Yea... lots of religions are really simular to Catholic... I guess we can't really say what he is seeing as so many religions relate... I guess we could rule sertain things out you know?...
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 11th, 2006 at 10:17am
Um...your convo here is real interesting, and I'd join in, but this is Billie's Beliefs and I don't want this thread to get locked, so can we talk about his beliefs?
Burn_My_Photograph
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Burn_My_Photograph
December 11th, 2006 at 11:55am
I don't think it should really matter to us what Billie believes in. I mean his fans like him, not the religion. If Billie Joe was black I'm sure nothing would change, if Billie wanted to be... a woman... the teenies wouldn't love him as much but y'know... I've forgotten my point Embarassed.

*thinks*

Ah here we go.

We should all appreciate Billie for who he is, not for what his religious/spiritual beliefs are.

That's just my opinion though.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 11th, 2006 at 12:38pm
Yes, but here at GSB, we rabid fangirls like to discuss every angle and aspect of his life. Including his religion and his Jockey underwear.
What's in a name?
King For A Couple Of Days
What's in a name?

Mibba
December 11th, 2006 at 05:07pm
lyrical_gaah52:

That’s like me then Very Happy. I have a lot of stuff in my room that’s considered to be Christian symbols. It doesn’t go too well with my other stuff though like my posters, my swords and knives (decorative stuff, nothing you could harm anyone with) and my little dragon statues. Retard

Enough about me but what I’m tying to say here is that you don’t have to live by a religion to believe in a higher power. You can actually believe in the Christian God without being a Christian (if you get what I mean).

So Billie Joe could simply agree with a lot of things that has to do with Christianity without practising the religion. Or he may not agree that much but like the essence of it, the original thought or whatever. Or perhaps it just has stuck since childhood. If he’s like me at all being brought up as a Christian left a traces even if he doesn’t consider himself to be Christian. In fact, if he’s anything like me all the reasons I mentioned would apply to him more or less. Yeah…
Having_a_Blast_02
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Having_a_Blast_02
December 11th, 2006 at 06:46pm
I heard that he was not a practing christian but does belive in Jesus...but doesn't let that get in the way of his music...but that's what i heard...not sure if it's true or not
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 12th, 2006 at 02:58am
What's in a name?:
lyrical_gaah52:

That’s like me then Very Happy. I have a lot of stuff in my room that’s considered to be Christian symbols. It doesn’t go too well with my other stuff though like my posters, my swords and knives (decorative stuff, nothing you could harm anyone with) and my little dragon statues. Retard

Enough about me but what I’m tying to say here is that you don’t have to live by a religion to believe in a higher power. You can actually believe in the Christian God without being a Christina (if you get what I mean).

So Billie Joe could simply agree with a lot of things that has to do with Christianity without practising the religion. Or he may not agree that much but like the essence of it, the original thought or whatever. Or perhaps it just has stuck since childhood. If he’s like me at all being brought up as a Christina left a traces even if he doesn’t consider himself to be Christian. In fact, if he’s anything like me all the reasons I mentioned would apply to him more or less. Yeah…

Hm...I never really considered a Christian God or a Muslim God or a Jewish God or a Hindu God. Y'know? I always thought it was just the same awesome supernatural dood up in the stars, but He has different words to describe him or different name. I think I get what you're trying to say, though.

He has that tiny sliver of belief that the things that are Christian symbols have some kind of relation to God. And he believes in God.

Also, I wanted to point out to you how confused I was the first time I read this post because it says "Christina". I had to reread it to realize it was a typo. Billie was raised as a Christina? That explains the eyeliner...lmfao
Register