Billie Joe's Beliefs

AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 29th, 2006 at 11:19pm
Ambyeyes:

I didn't see anything on GDA. I don't say things just cause they're from GDA. I was sure god parents were for only Christian and Catholic. I actaully think it doesn't make alot of sence to have god parents and not be either of those two(I'm not counting Billie Laughing ).

Why wouldnt it? Most people do have legal guardians planned out in the case of an emergency.
Lissie!
Falling In Love With The Board
Lissie!

Blog
July 30th, 2006 at 02:32pm
"I consider myself an agnostic, so I'm not really sure. I kind of believe that there's somehting possibly out there. I'm not stubborn enough to cancel that out. I believe there's a higher power somewhere. I just don't know what it is. I really like a lot of Catholic symbolism. Me and Adrienne collect a lot of crucifixes and rosary beads and stuff like that. In our house, we have a lot of candles and stuff like that."

Sorry if someone already posted that.
Ambyeyes
Geek
Ambyeyes
July 30th, 2006 at 10:49pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Ambyeyes:

I didn't see anything on GDA. I don't say things just cause they're from GDA. I was sure god parents were for only Christian and Catholic. I actaully think it doesn't make alot of sence to have god parents and not be either of those two(I'm not counting Billie Laughing ).

Why wouldnt it? Most people do have legal guardians planned out in the case of an emergency.

Sorry sorry, that's just my opinion. It's what I've always thought.
IxAmxMe
Geek
IxAmxMe

Blog
July 31st, 2006 at 06:30pm
Lissie.:
"I consider myself an agnostic, so I'm not really sure. I kind of believe that there's somehting possibly out there. I'm not stubborn enough to cancel that out. I believe there's a higher power somewhere. I just don't know what it is. I really like a lot of Catholic symbolism. Me and Adrienne collect a lot of crucifixes and rosary beads and stuff like that. In our house, we have a lot of candles and stuff like that."

Wow! Shocked Where did you find that?
IxAmxMe
Geek
IxAmxMe

Blog
August 2nd, 2006 at 09:42am
Hey,

Well considering your asking me,

It would have to be catholic that I'm closest

Too not really a religous person but yeah catholicism

Thanks,
Billie Joe

(This was from Yahoo! Awnsers. I don't know if it's him or not, but it's possible)
Lissie!
Lissie!

Blog
August 2nd, 2006 at 11:26am
I'm a Rebel, I'm a Saint:
Lissie.:

Wow! Shocked Where did you find that?

Dno I have loads of quotes saved on the computer. I think I googled interviews and stuff.. :/
Lissie!
Lissie!

Blog
August 2nd, 2006 at 11:27am
Oh and I was thinking about Mike - sorry I know this is the Billie thread - he wore a cross once and he said he's agnostic?

Same with Billie Joe, he has a cross tattoed, and he says he's agnostic...

Confused

And didn't Billie Joe study the bible many many years ago? I think he mentions in the interview when he's just five.
St Beth
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
St Beth
August 5th, 2006 at 04:25pm
I think that Billie doesn´t have religion I think He only believes in God or something, Rolling Eyes
Lissie!
Lissie!

Blog
August 5th, 2006 at 04:31pm
Isn't that the same as being a religion?

Because he did say that, the quote I posted. He believes in a higher power. But then why the fuck tattoo a cross?! I don't get him.
i worship billie joe
i worship billie joe
August 5th, 2006 at 06:01pm
ST.Jimmy is what i think he belives in
Lissie!
Lissie!

Blog
August 5th, 2006 at 06:02pm
Uh, Saint Jimmy is a made up character in a so called rock opera dear, not his belief... Well I think. Very Happy I'm kinda sure too. I dont mean anything bitchy :]
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
August 6th, 2006 at 12:01am
I think he believes in God or at least a higher power than man but that's not totally religion. Religion is more. . . looking for a good word. . . concrete? It has rituals and practices like baptism, confession, last rites, etc.

Belief is what it is. It's something you believe in. Like, I believe vanilla is better than chocolate, but it's not my religion. It's a state of mind.

Belief is abstract and religion is concrete, going for more technical-esque terms. That's what I think, at least.

I think he is not so much a religious person like organized church or a denomination, but he has a belief in something outside man and plastic.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 6th, 2006 at 01:01am
Pickle:
I think he believes in God or at least a higher power than man but that's not totally religion. Religion is more. . . looking for a good word. . . concrete? It has rituals and practices like baptism, confession, last rites, etc.

Belief is what it is. It's something you believe in. Like, I believe vanilla is better than chocolate, but it's not my religion. It's a state of mind.

Belief is abstract and religion is concrete, going for more technical-esque terms. That's what I think, at least.

I think he is not so much a religious person like organized church or a denomination, but he has a belief in something outside man and plastic.

Mr. Green alot of religions don't have concrete structures.
Lissie!
Lissie!

Blog
August 6th, 2006 at 09:37am
But the cross is christian, which means he's either a liar, a dumbass or Christian. Very Happy
miau
King For A Couple Of Days
miau
August 6th, 2006 at 09:37am
Lissie.:
Oh and I was thinking about Mike - sorry I know this is the Billie thread - he wore a cross once and he said he's agnostic?

Confused

And didn't Billie Joe study the bible many many years ago? I think he mentions in the interview when he's just five.

Yes, but when you're five years old you're very influenceable. If you're told to study the bible then you do it.
Lissie!
Lissie!

Blog
August 6th, 2006 at 09:38am
[Californicated.]:
Lissie.:

Confused

Yes, but when you're five years old you're very influenceable. If you're told to study the bible then you do it.

Yes, I know, I never meant he chose it himself. I just meant that maybe there's still traces of that inside him you know?
miau
miau
August 6th, 2006 at 09:41am
Lissie.:

Yes, I know, I never meant he chose it himself. I just meant that maybe there's still traces of that inside him you know?

I personally think everyone whose parents try to raise Christian believes in God and Jesus at first. Later you choose for yourself if you're going to be a firm believer or not.
Lissie!
Lissie!

Blog
August 6th, 2006 at 09:44am
[Californicated.]:
Lissie.:

I personally think everyone whose parents try to raise Christian believes in God and Jesus at first. Later you choose for yourself if you're going to be a firm believer or not.

But what the hell did he chose?
I need to ask him. Billie you dumbass. Confusing my ass off... blah...
miau
miau
August 6th, 2006 at 09:50am
Lissie.:
[Californicated.]:
Lissie.:

-gasps- Shocked XD

I think he might just say/do conflicting things to confuse everyone.
In fact he's sitting somewhere saying "Screw that. I'm Billie Joe Armstrong, it's me against the world, I don't need to believe in anything." Cool
Lissie!
Lissie!

Blog
August 6th, 2006 at 09:52am
[Californicated.]:
Lissie.:
[Californicated.]:
Lissie.:

-gasps- Shocked XD

I think he might just say/do conflicting things to confuse everyone.
In fact he's sitting somewhere saying "Screw that. I'm Billie Joe Armstrong, it's me against the world, I don't need to believe in anything." Cool

But still...
If I were in that seat, agnostic and bla blah all-that-he-has-claimed-to-be, I wouldn't tattoo a cross. Very Happy
Register