Billie Joe's Beliefs

AuthorMessage
What's in a name?
King For A Couple Of Days
What's in a name?

Mibba
December 12th, 2006 at 09:16am
lyrical_gaah52:

Hm...I never really considered a Christian God or a Muslim God or a Jewish God or a Hindu God. Y'know? I always thought it was just the same awesome supernatural dood up in the stars, but He has different words to describe him or different name. I think I get what you're trying to say, though.

He has that tiny sliver of belief that the things that are Christian symbols have some kind of relation to God. And he believes in God.

Also, I wanted to point out to you how confused I was the first time I read this post because it says "Christina". I had to reread it to realize it was a typo. Billie was raised as a Christina? That explains the eyeliner...lmfao

Actually, to me it’s all the same. You know, one power, different religions. I just tried to be less confusing you know? Very Happy

Pretty much, yeah. That would be my guess.

Laughing I didn’t even notice that. Yeah, it was a typo. At least I don’t think he was raised as Christina the Christian girl who later decided to revolt...Shifty
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 12th, 2006 at 12:39pm
What's in a name?:

Actually, to me it’s all the same. You know, one power, different religions. I just tried to be less confusing you know? Very Happy

Laughing I didn’t even notice that. Yeah, it was a typo. At least I don’t think he was raised as Christina the Christian girl who later decided to revolt...Shifty

She's a rebel, she's a sai-aint! See? Now the whole JOS, Whatsername thing is starting to make sense!
What's in a name?
What's in a name?

Mibba
December 12th, 2006 at 01:06pm
lyrical_gaah52:
What's in a name?:

She's a rebel, she's a sai-aint! See? Now the whole JOS, Whatsername thing is starting to make sense!

lmfao Yes indeed
Betanynin
Geek
Betanynin
December 13th, 2006 at 03:11pm
If Anyones Read That poem He Apparently Wrote And Posted On poetry.com One One Verse It Says "Gods Beauty Shines"

0_o Not Sure If Someones Said That Already But A Genius Idea Nevertheless xD
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 14th, 2006 at 10:59am
Not to burst your bubble, but there's like 123132 people on poetry.com. I'm a member too. And I've heard he writes as "B Armstrong." Do you know how many B Armstrongs there are in the world? Me neither. Point is, that may or may not have been written by him.

But if it was, it makes an interesting addition to this discussion.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 14th, 2006 at 05:32pm
Yeah.. poets use God as symbolism all the time.. it doesn't mean they believe it. If poets all the things they wrote... the world would be very screwed up. Cassie
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 15th, 2006 at 02:30am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Yeah.. poets use God as symbolism all the time.. it doesn't mean they believe it. If poets all the things they wrote... the world would be very screwed up. Cassie

I'm guessing the word "believed" is in there somewhere Cool. But yeah, you're right. I mean, even if he did write the poem you read, it may or may not be his personal belief. Like take Having A Blast, for example. If he followed through with the lyrical first person, he'd be in jail right now. Or at least in an institution.
vivalarorya
vivalarorya
December 15th, 2006 at 03:51pm
Nah, he'd be dead..."Explosives duct-taped to my spine"...Who could live through that? Laughing
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
December 15th, 2006 at 11:02pm
SUPER-BILLIE!!
Toxic Narcotic
Toxic Narcotic

Mibba
December 15th, 2006 at 11:44pm
What's in a name?:
lyrical_gaah52:

Hm...I never really considered a Christian God or a Muslim God or a Jewish God or a Hindu God. Y'know? I always thought it was just the same awesome supernatural dood up in the stars, but He has different words to describe him or different name. I think I get what you're trying to say, though.

He has that tiny sliver of belief that the things that are Christian symbols have some kind of relation to God. And he believes in God.

Also, I wanted to point out to you how confused I was the first time I read this post because it says "Christina". I had to reread it to realize it was a typo. Billie was raised as a Christina? That explains the eyeliner...lmfao

hmmm...I think that called agnostic
its when you believe theres a god, but your not sure what religion you are
What's in a name?
What's in a name?

Mibba
December 16th, 2006 at 04:52pm
FlyingTIGER:

hmmm...I think that called agnostic
its when you believe theres a god, but your not sure what religion you are

I'm really not sure, but I think you might be right Smile
BillieStoleMyVirginity
Geek
BillieStoleMyVirginity

Mibba
January 6th, 2007 at 03:40am
i heard he was catholic but isnt into it anymore coz its bullshit Smile
music_grl22
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
music_grl22
January 10th, 2007 at 09:19pm
ive wanted to know what religion he was for...evr... not like its any of my buisness... anywayz, after reading this all....i think i might be even more confused.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 11th, 2007 at 11:31am
Well, he's not a Muslim and he's not Jewish and he's not a Hindu. The last name "Armstrong" signifies Celtic background. Like waaaaaaay back in his family. So chances are, his parents were some kind of Christian. And Billie became Christina the Christian crossdresser...it started at the age of four.
What's in a name?
What's in a name?

Mibba
January 11th, 2007 at 12:14pm
lyrical_mess:
Well, he's not a Muslim and he's not Jewish and he's not a Hindu. The last name "Armstrong" signifies Celtic background. Like waaaaaaay back in his family. So chances are, his parents were some kind of Christian. And Billie became Christina the Christian crossdresser...it started at the age of four.

... when he went sneaking through the bedroom door to find something in a size four... Yep, and that would explain it all. Laughing
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 11th, 2007 at 12:15pm
lmfao lmfao lmfao
RebelofSuburbia
RebelofSuburbia
January 11th, 2007 at 05:43pm
I don't think he is religious in any kind of way. When Billie and Adrienne married, they both weren't really into any religion so for their ceremony they just took bits from a few religions.. so yeah not really religious if you ask me Smile
Toxic Narcotic
Toxic Narcotic

Mibba
January 11th, 2007 at 09:02pm
they took bits of RELIGIONS. that sure sounds religious to me...
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
January 12th, 2007 at 10:11am
GZA ^^ FIZZGIG!!!
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 12th, 2007 at 09:33pm
The other day I was reading some Green Day info and I read that Tre is the godfather of both of Billie's kids. Now, I had heard that before, but I never really thought about it. So, if he got his kids baptized, he must still be live in God and Jesus at least a little bit. If he didn't believe why else would they be baptized. I mean maybe he wants them to make their on choices on religion when they get older. He has said some offending thing though. Like,"I smell pot. Jesus is gonna get you! But we all know that Jesus is a pothead." I read that in Rolling Stone Magizine. I was really offended. So I don't know, maybe he does, maybe he doesn't.
Register