Billie Joe's Beliefs

AuthorMessage
Forever
Addict
Forever
July 28th, 2006 at 12:07am
musicsnob1971:
ok this is only my opinon but i grew up going to church 3 times a week, 13 yeard in christain school, sang in choir, played handbells and even taught sunday school but Billie reminds me of a lot of people i have known. that other peoples opinons have been shoved on him early in life and he never had the chance to explore all the different ideas that there. i think he was drought up catholic and alot of my catholic friends have the gulit factor in their lives and end up leaving church because of the pressure of it. thats what ive been told but i think very religon has that to a degree.

Im a christain but am very open minded and i probably get harressed for liking green day and having gay friends but i just do not worry about others opinons.
I feel the exact same way! Except it's not just church...I feel that way with life... Shocked
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
July 28th, 2006 at 07:24am
Ambyeyes:
I read in my Green Day book that when Billie and Adrienne got married, they weren't in any particular religion, so they wrote up thier, umm, I foget the name. Anyway, one Catholic, and there were two others. I've heard lots he's Christian too. I don't know... I kinda think he might be Christian. I think the things he does on stage, like calling Jesus a pot head. I don't think he means it Smile If you get what I mean

Yeah, I think it was like Christian, Jewish and Buddhism [sp?] stuff ..
rolypoly_punk
Idiot
rolypoly_punk
July 28th, 2006 at 08:44am
Cigarettes And Valentines:
Oh, I've never heard that.

I only heard at his wedding him and Adrienne both gave out speeches, one protestant, one catholic, one jewish or something like that, because him and Adie both are no religion. Dno

But he did say he went to Youth Group on wednesdays...Think

Yeah but he was kidding on that. It's in "Egos and Icons." Smile
IxAmxMe
Geek
IxAmxMe

Blog
July 28th, 2006 at 11:34am
musicsnob1971:
GREAT!!! SOMEONE FINALLY AGREES WITH ME. THANKS Wink

LOL! Very Happy Cool Wink
Forever
Addict
Forever
July 28th, 2006 at 12:05pm
basketcase123:

I only heard at his wedding him and Adrienne both gave out speeches, one protestant, one catholic, one jewish or something like that, because him and Adie both are no religion. Dno

Oh. Shifty

And the guy's like, "Did you learn anything?"

And Billie's like, "...No."

lmfao
IxAmxMe
Geek
IxAmxMe

Blog
July 28th, 2006 at 12:09pm
basketcase123:

Oh. Shifty

And the guy's like, "Did you learn anything?"

And Billie's like, "...No."

lmfao

I love that!
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
July 29th, 2006 at 03:27am
I think he said he believes in God but he doesn't worship or 'practice' religion or whatever. I read that quote somewhere once.
Emily-Cool
Falling In Love With The Board
Emily-Cool
July 29th, 2006 at 05:25am
druscilla_armstrong:
I think he said he believes in God but he doesn't worship or 'practice' religion or whatever. I read that quote somewhere once.
yer i heard something like that too. aw bless him Wink
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
July 29th, 2006 at 08:17am
i wander what he thinks about people who practice a religion.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
July 29th, 2006 at 09:15am
Emily-Cool:
druscilla_armstrong:
yer i heard something like that too. aw bless him Wink

Sure?! Neutral
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
July 29th, 2006 at 09:15am
Lucifers Angel:

that'd be interesting to know ~~
Ambyeyes
Geek
Ambyeyes
July 29th, 2006 at 10:41am
Ambyeyes:
I read in my Green Day book that when Billie and Adrienne got married, they weren't in any particular religion, so they wrote up thier, umm, I foget the name. Anyway, one Catholic, and there were two others. I've heard lots he's Christian too. I don't know... I kinda think he might be Christian. I think the things he does on stage, like calling Jesus a pot head. I don't think he means it Smile If you get what I mean
Yeah, I read that too. Retard

Sweet Wink

And anyway.. I just thought. If Tre` is the godfather of Billie's kids, wouldn't that make him and Tre` Christian? Cause goodparents are for Christians only in , like, American and Canada(that I know for sure).
Ambyeyes
Geek
Ambyeyes
July 29th, 2006 at 10:43am
Let Be Entertain you.:
Lucifers Angel:

that'd be interesting to know ~~

He'd probably think nothing of it Laughing
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 29th, 2006 at 10:55am
Ambyeyes:
Ambyeyes:

Sweet Wink

And anyway.. I just thought. If Tre` is the godfather of Billie's kids, wouldn't that make him and Tre` Christian? Cause goodparents are for Christians only in , like, American and Canada(that I know for sure).
.... no they're not.
Ambyeyes
Geek
Ambyeyes
July 29th, 2006 at 04:15pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Ambyeyes:
Ambyeyes:

Sweet Wink

.... no they're not.

Then is it Christian and Catholic? I don't know for sure

Or are you talking about Billie and Tre`? Confused
Dead End Girl
Addict
Dead End Girl
July 29th, 2006 at 04:28pm
Ambyeyes:
Ambyeyes:

Sweet Wink

Godparents are for Catholics o_o
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 29th, 2006 at 06:01pm
Ambyeyes:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Ambyeyes:
Ambyeyes:

Sweet Wink

.... no they're not.

You don't even have to have a religion to be a god parent. That just means that if something happens to your biological parents, whoever your God Parents are, become your legal guardians.

Does anyone even have a source for them saying this? and "I saw it on GDA" isnt a source, that site is sooooooo full of rumors. Cool
Basket Case BJ
Geek
Basket Case BJ

Mibba
July 29th, 2006 at 06:13pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Ambyeyes:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Ambyeyes:
Ambyeyes:

Sweet Wink

.... no they're not.

You don't even have to have a religion to be a god parent. That just means that if something happens to your biological parents, whoever your God Parents are, become your legal guardians.

Does anyone even have a source for them saying this? and "I saw it on GDA" isnt a source, that site is sooooooo full of rumors. Cool
My parents are both catholics and I have godparents, but they don't make me do anything religious. They don't even talk about it. So I don't go to church. They've never said anything, but you can believe if you want to like when I was five. I don't practice a religion, does that make me not have one if my parents do?

You don't have to believe in what your parents do. You don't have to have a religion if you don't want to.

Maybe thats what it means
Ambyeyes
Geek
Ambyeyes
July 29th, 2006 at 07:53pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Ambyeyes:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Ambyeyes:
Ambyeyes:

Sweet Wink

.... no they're not.

I didn't see anything on GDA. I don't say things just cause they're from GDA. I was sure god parents were for only Christian and Catholic. I actaully think it doesn't make alot of sence to have god parents and not be either of those two(I'm not counting Billie Laughing ).
IxAmxMe
Geek
IxAmxMe

Blog
July 29th, 2006 at 10:31pm
Annie Is Emo:
Ambyeyes:
Ambyeyes:

Sweet Wink

Godparents are for Catholics o_o

^ But catholics are christians. being a christian means that you believe christ is our saviour. (sp?)
Register