Hemp/Marijuana

AuthorMessage
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
January 17th, 2009 at 07:21pm
Frodo Baggins:
Yes, they do use it in the US, but they cannot grow the plants. I don't know why they don't use it more, take it up with the hemp farmers.

If you don't want to discuss marijuana's effects, what is the point of this thread?

I was trying to explain to you why they're illegal, because you asked, but now you are just ignoring the reasons.
Erin, it seems as if you're supporting my argument...
yes, well, we can't smoke clothes out of hemp, so of course we use those things. I can get hemp paper at my art store..

My point is that it should be legalized everywhere, its so useful, and because things are shipped,
1. that creates more pollution [skeptic of global warming or not, you're POLLUTING THE ATMOSPHERE AND OUR OCEANS.]
2. It's more expensive to get those things made from hemp
3. Marijuana and Hemp farming can provide thousands of jobs, there are more jobs required for hemp farming than tree farming, cotton farming, etc

But, remember that hemp and marijuana are not the same thing, and the risk factor for marijuana legalization is much higher.

absolutely. They're used for two totally different things. Mr. Green

I do not want to discuss marijuanas effects in this thread because smoking marijuana is a personal choice and it is not mandatory to smoke pot if it were legal. Millions of people smoke tobacco and it KILLS YOU. THEY KNOW THERES A RISK BUT THEY DO IT ANYWAYS. You get into a car everyday, and you risk DEATH. Nobody has ever died from smoking marijuana. There are thousands of car accidents each day, and many are fatal. SHOULD WE MAKE DRIVING ILLEGAL? WHY ISN'T TOBACCO ILLEGAL?

Christ. Rolling Eyes I said I didn't want to repeat myself when I wrote that thing in all caps, but apparently I have to.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
January 17th, 2009 at 07:51pm
Bleach:

yes, well, we can't smoke clothes out of hemp,
omg you cant? i spent all that money for nothing Sad
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
January 17th, 2009 at 08:43pm
Danny Callahan.:
Bleach:

yes, well, we can't smoke clothes out of hemp,
omg you cant? i spent all that money for nothing Sad
dying rly
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
January 18th, 2009 at 06:23pm
Honestly though if we made everything that was remotely unhealthy illegil like nothing whould be legal i mean...

Headbanging, Loud Music, Fast Food, Stuff made in China, Being Fat,Being really thin,Caffene,Sparkelers,etc.

People have the right to personal choice. I mean all drugs are not as bad as heroin or crack.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
January 19th, 2009 at 07:49am
Bleach:
yes, well, we can't smoke clothes out of hemp, so of course we use those things. I can get hemp paper at my art store..

My point is that it should be legalized everywhere, its so useful, and because things are shipped,
1. that creates more pollution [skeptic of global warming or not, you're POLLUTING THE ATMOSPHERE AND OUR OCEANS.]
3. Marijuana and Hemp farming can provide thousands of jobs, there are more jobs required for hemp farming than tree farming, cotton farming, etc

But, remember that hemp and marijuana are not the same thing, and the risk factor for marijuana legalization is much higher.

I do not want to discuss marijuanas effects in this thread because smoking marijuana is a personal choice and it is not mandatory to smoke pot if it were legal. Millions of people smoke tobacco and it KILLS YOU. THEY KNOW THERES A RISK BUT THEY DO IT ANYWAYS. You get into a car everyday, and you risk DEATH. Nobody has ever died from smoking marijuana. There are thousands of car accidents each day, and many are fatal. SHOULD WE MAKE DRIVING ILLEGAL? WHY ISN'T TOBACCO ILLEGAL?

Christ. Rolling Eyes I said I didn't want to repeat myself when I wrote that thing in all caps, but apparently I have to.
I don't really know what your arguement is, as I have pointed out.

Are you just wondering why marijuana isn't illegal when things like alcohol and tobacco are? Because if that is it. It is for tax purposes. You can't tax seeds as once you grow one plant, it will (if its female) have countless numbers of seeds that the government could never keep track of. That is one of the main reasons, that and the health risks. I don't necessarily agree with it, but that is the government's fault, not mine.

As for the extra jobs, I don't think that's a viable point. You could just as well say that we should up prostitution, or start producing opium poppies because it will increase employment.

As for why tobacco isn't illegal? The government make soooooooo much money from taxing it. They cannot however, tax marijuana in the same way. They are different plants and reproduce in different ways.

There is no need for the eye-rolling. Your argument is convoluted and covers several different issues.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
January 19th, 2009 at 11:48am
Frodo Baggins:

Are you just wondering why marijuana isn't illegal when things like alcohol and tobacco are? Because if that is it. It is for tax purposes. You can't tax seeds as once you grow one plant, it will (if its female) have countless numbers of seeds that the government could never keep track of. That is one of the main reasons, that and the health risks. I don't necessarily agreee with it, but that is the government's fault, not mine.

umm tobacco is a plant and it's taxed....
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
January 19th, 2009 at 12:51pm
Danny Callahan.:

Frodo Baggins:
As for why tobacco isn't illegal? The government make soooooooo much money from taxing it. They cannot however, tax marijuana in the same way. They are different plants and reproduce in different ways.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
January 19th, 2009 at 01:02pm
Frodo Baggins:
Danny Callahan.:

Frodo Baggins:
and how are they differant?

I mean you dont have people growing tobbaco in their back yards very often Smile
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
January 19th, 2009 at 01:09pm
Precisely.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
January 19th, 2009 at 04:41pm
Frodo Baggins:
Bleach:

I don't really know what your arguement is, as I have pointed out.

Are you just wondering why marijuana isn't illegal when things like alcohol and tobacco are? Because if that is it. It is for tax purposes. You can't tax seeds as once you grow one plant, it will (if its female) have countless numbers of seeds that the government could never keep track of. That is one of the main reasons, that and the health risks. I don't necessarily agree with it, but that is the government's fault, not mine.

As for the extra jobs, I don't think that's a viable point. You could just as well say that we should up prostitution, or start producing opium poppies because it will increase employment.

There is no need for the eye-rolling. Your argument is convoluted and covers several different issues.
why couldn't we tax it? I don't get this. There can be marijuana shops that sell marijuana. you dont need to grow a plant. There can be marijuana farms, and they harvest it, and make it into a product. Do 'ya know why we couldn't do that?

See, what you're doing is you're comparing marijuana/hemp to things such as opium which I don't see much use to us, except for medicine, which they either have replacements of, or they are using it. and I am not only talking about mairjuana, but i am talking about hemp. yes, it is true, if we open up poppy farms, there would be no jobs. But it's not going to improve our society, and it would not be such a big industry because it does not have any use but pleasure. Hemp is an extremely useful plant, and there are so many uses for it, there will be so many farms and workers.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
January 19th, 2009 at 04:51pm
Frodo Baggins:
Precisely.

Danny Callahan.:
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
January 20th, 2009 at 05:01am
Bleach:
why couldn't we tax it? I don't get this. There can be marijuana shops that sell marijuana. you dont need to grow a plant. There can be marijuana farms, and they harvest it, and make it into a product. Do 'ya know why we couldn't do that?

See, what you're doing is you're comparing marijuana/hemp to things such as opium which I don't see much use to us, except for medicine, which they either have replacements of, or they are using it. and I am not only talking about mairjuana, but i am talking about hemp. yes, it is true, if we open up poppy farms, there would be no jobs. But it's not going to improve our society, and it would not be such a big industry because it does not have any use but pleasure. Hemp is an extremely useful plant, and there are so many uses for it, there will be so many farms and workers.
I don't know why we couldn't do that. I am just telling you, as a person who has discussed these matters with café owners in Amsterdam, that those are the 'official' reasons that our government gives for classifying it.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
January 20th, 2009 at 05:01am
Bleach:
Frodo Baggins:
Precisely.

Danny Callahan.:
I'm not some sort of tobacco plant expert, dammit, google it yourselves!
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
January 20th, 2009 at 01:50pm
Frodo Baggins:
Bleach:
Frodo Baggins:
Precisely.

Danny Callahan.:
I'm not some sort of tobacco plant expert, dammit, google it yourselves!
then how do you know they're different? XD
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
January 20th, 2009 at 01:51pm
Frodo Baggins:
Bleach:

I don't know why we couldn't do that. I am just telling you, as a person who has discussed these matters with café owners in Amsterdam, that those are the 'official' reasons that our government gives for classifying it.
ic. ty.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 20th, 2009 at 02:51pm
Frodo Baggins:

Out of interest...what do they think about weed? In general?
I've been to Amsterdam several times but obviously not to coffee shops or anything. It's never seemed like any other city to me, despite the legal prostitution and marijuana. I just wondered if it was viewed as a positive or a negative thing by business owners.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
January 26th, 2009 at 10:49pm
SO...

Marijuana isn't legal because apparently we can't tax it
but what about hemp?
we need more opinions about hemp!!!
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
January 27th, 2009 at 09:27am
Cannabis has just been bumped up from a Class C drug to a Class B drug due to the psychological effects.

That's pretty much it. Good/bad?
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
January 28th, 2009 at 05:42pm
The Valiant!:
Cannabis has just been bumped up from a Class C drug to a Class B drug due to the psychological effects.

That's pretty much it. Good/bad?
is that like Schedule III, II and I? shedule one is the 'worst', so I'm guessing Class A is the "worst'
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
January 29th, 2009 at 05:31am
Yeah, Class A's are like amphetamines, acid, etc.
Register