Hemp/Marijuana

AuthorMessage
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
January 29th, 2009 at 05:33am
Bloodraine:
Out of interest...what do they think about weed? In general?
I've been to Amsterdam several times but obviously not to coffee shops or anything. It's never seemed like any other city to me, despite the legal prostitution and marijuana. I just wondered if it was viewed as a positive or a negative thing by business owners.
Sorry! Just saw this now. Any of the coffee shop owners I spoke to love their job, and the fact that weed is legal. They feel that as long as the police are cracking down on harder drugs, and turning a blind eye to weed smokers, that the country is moving in the right direction. You really should try out a café next time you are there, its an integral part of Amsterdam life, even just go in for a drink and a chat. The people are always so friendly. Smile
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
March 13th, 2009 at 02:14am
My sister wanted a pair of hemp converse and my mom said, "Why? So you can smoke them?" My sister told me if she really wanted to smoke pot she could easily get it from people at school. But I can't believe my mom said that. I don't think hemp clothing is a big deal. You're not smoking it!
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 16th, 2009 at 03:24pm
Frodo Baggins:
and the fact that weed is legal.
But it isn't actually legal, it's just not criminalized if they follow certain rules, right? And they can't really buy weed legally, The whole front door is open-back door is closed policy....
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
March 16th, 2009 at 05:07pm
Kurtni:
Frodo Baggins:
and the fact that weed is legal.
But it isn't actually legal, it's just not criminalized if they follow certain rules, right? And they can't really buy weed legally, The whole front door is open-back door is closed policy....

Kurtni is right.

In Amsterdam, weed is illegal but tolerated because of the money it pumps into the city. There is however a limit to the quantity being sold.As far as I remember it's somewhere between 4-7 grams and of course the coffee shops are to behave and cause no nuisance and their not allowed sell hard drugs, either.
Princess of Punk
King For A Couple Of Days
Princess of Punk
March 19th, 2009 at 11:53pm
Well I think it's perfectly fine to put drugs in clothes cause as Al Gore wants us to go more enviromental it would help our environment.
As for fuel and all that other stuff we already have people getting high off gas fumes and then we'd have ppl trying to drink it to get the drugs.
So really drugs have no place in the world. Think
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
March 20th, 2009 at 11:49am
The Princess of Punk:
Well I think it's perfectly fine to put drugs in clothes cause as Al Gore wants us to go more enviromental it would help our environment.
As for fuel and all that other stuff we already have people getting high off gas fumes and then we'd have ppl trying to drink it to get the drugs.
So really drugs have no place in the world. Think
dude, I hope you're kidding.
you can take the THC out.
lolz.
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
March 28th, 2009 at 02:44am
Well I've never smoked before. Always been curious to try it at least once, but I'm torn.

I mean, I honestly don't see marijuana as an issue. Hell, I'm from California, one of the most popular states for that sort of thing.

There are so many deaths and illnesses that come from Alcohol and Cigarettes, yet those are still legal. The only thing that happens with Cannabis is that you lose brain cells, which happen whenever you even tap your head against something. Most cells can reproduce again. I'm all for this plant as medecine.

I have no opinion about the clothes and the paper, I mean, I don't see the issue there. Why not?

As for medecine, again, I'm all for it. I know someone personally who suffers from Krone's Disease. Not sure if that's how to spell it btw. Anyways, his intestine compacts itself so tightly that food cannot pass through it and causes him major pain, so he has to smoke in order for him to relax completely. He's an extremely smart person, you can carry on an intelligent conversation with him for hours. Believe me, I worked with him for 8 hour shifts with it being dead.

So I don't see much of a problem with it. You're altering your state of consciousness. And I know for a fact right now that the state of California may legalize it and sell it aat local places with a $50 tax on it per ounce. o.o
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 28th, 2009 at 04:37pm
dysLEXIa:
As for medecine, again, I'm all for it. I know someone personally who suffers from Krone's Disease. Not sure if that's how to spell it btw. Anyways, his intestine compacts itself so tightly that food cannot pass through it and causes him major pain, so he has to smoke in order for him to relax completely. He's an extremely smart person, you can carry on an intelligent conversation with him for hours. Believe me, I worked with him for 8 hour shifts with it being dead.

Crohn's disease.
I have the same condition. I've never smoked pot for it, though. Somehow it never actually occured to me. Has he considered getting better painkillers from his doctor? Crohn's isn't a terminal disease, it is treatable (to an extent. The symptoms are anyway, if not the actual disease) - I certainly don't think smoking pot is the only option available. One doesn't have to smoke it to relieve the symptoms. Besides, I assume that cannabis would only improve his pain; I think a person with Crohn's should definitely be having other treatment, too.
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
March 28th, 2009 at 05:54pm
^Yeah, the symptoms of something are always treatable and I wish he relied on something else to do so.

Sure, he smokes it for his disease, but we all know he smokes it just because as well. lol
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
March 29th, 2009 at 11:30pm
dysLEXIa:
The only thing that happens with Cannabis is that you lose brain cells, which happen whenever you even tap your head against something. Most cells can reproduce again. I'm all for this plant as medecine.
aah. no it doesn't it's the brain chemistry. It just speeds up the process of eliminating short term memory. but brain cells do grow back.

It's also helped alot of cancer patients have an appetite so their medecation can work.
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
March 30th, 2009 at 03:26pm
Bleach:
dysLEXIa:
The only thing that happens with Cannabis is that you lose brain cells, which happen whenever you even tap your head against something. Most cells can reproduce again. I'm all for this plant as medecine.
aah. no it doesn't it's the brain chemistry. It just speeds up the process of eliminating short term memory. but brain cells do grow back.

It's also helped alot of cancer patients have an appetite so their medecation can work.

Actually brain cells are very diffcult to reobtain once destroyed. The actual neuron in the cell is screwed over.

Weed doesn't exactly kill brain cells, more it gives them a 'funny moment'. The mylein sheath is destroyed by THC, hence the slow reactions, but i eventully grows back.

But as far as I know, brain cells don't regenerate.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
March 30th, 2009 at 09:30pm
Fionn Og:
Bleach:
dysLEXIa:

Actually brain cells are very diffcult to reobtain once destroyed. The actual neuron in the cell is screwed over.

Weed doesn't exactly kill brain cells, more it gives them a 'funny moment'. The mylein sheath is destroyed by THC, hence the slow reactions, but i eventully grows back.

But as far as I know, brain cells don't regenerate.
and as far as I know, I've heard in studies that brain cells can regenerate. they may not 100% regenerate, but it is true that it is possible.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
March 31st, 2009 at 07:40am
Brain cells can regenerate, except in cases where someone has a disease like Parkinson's, which is what one of the main problems with the disease is. That's why the transplant brain stem cells from foetuses, in hopes that they will kick-start the regenerative process.
Fallop!an Cwac Cwac.
Geek
Fallop!an Cwac Cwac.

Blog
April 14th, 2009 at 09:01pm
i used to smoke it all the time. honestly, every other friday.
but it made me really depressed for some reason, especially when i would come down. i've stopped using it regularly, and i find now that when i actually do get to smoke a good blunt, i feel so much better. but what i've also found is that my body has been craving it much more than it used to. it's really weird. but i won't give in. my take on the whole matter of weather it should be legalized or not is this; yes, it sounds like a bad idea and when truly thought out it's beyond bad. many people say it will stimulate the economy. though that maybe true, there are also other good reasons, such as; medical use and stress relievers.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
April 20th, 2009 at 04:29pm
Ooh, I had a discussion with some of my friends a few days ago.
Someone heard a rumour about it being legalized in Denmark. Apparently not like coffeebars (Sorry, I'm not sure if that's the name?) in Amsterdam, but like, in shops just like normal cigarettes. Obviously there would be taxes, and - I think - a maximum amount of grams or whatever to buy in one day. There would ofcourse be an age-limit, but as we just raised the legal age of buying tobacco in Denmark from 16 to 18, 16 yearolds and younger are buying and smoking regularly (i mean as in regular cigarettes), so this would be a problem. You'd have to really pay attention to the age limit.

What do you guys think of it being legalized and controlled? Age limits? Maybe in what form it would be sold (like, grams of dried up marijuana (idk the ~official name of that) or readily rolled joints, maybe in a normal cigaret-form, maybe even with a filter - i wouldn't know if this would worsen the ~high or do nothing, it was just a stray thought). Con
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
April 21st, 2009 at 07:16am
I'm all for it being legal. In whatever form the governments would let it be. Although I think if they had a filter on pre-rolled joints you wouldn't get very much out of it!
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
April 21st, 2009 at 05:38pm
Padackles:
I'm all for it being legal. In whatever form the governments would let it be. Although I think if they had a filter on pre-rolled joints you wouldn't get very much out of it!
Yeah idk, that's what I thought.. Idk why I actually put that, now that I think about it lmfao But like I said, it was just a stray thought
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
April 22nd, 2009 at 11:52am
Pot is legal in my country but they're debating that now -_- (I don't see why though)
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
April 22nd, 2009 at 11:57am
ocean avenue:
Apparently not like coffeebars (Sorry, I'm not sure if that's the name?) in Amsterdam, but like, in shops just like normal cigarettes.
It's coffeeshops (close enough though) and not just in Amsterdam/Holland, they're all over the country (The Netherlands) Razz
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
April 22nd, 2009 at 01:11pm
White Diamonds:
ocean avenue:
Apparently not like coffeebars (Sorry, I'm not sure if that's the name?) in Amsterdam, but like, in shops just like normal cigarettes.
It's coffeeshops (close enough though) and not just in Amsterdam/Holland, they're all over the country (The Netherlands) Razz
Oh really? Well I guess that makes sense xD
Register