September 7th, 2006 at 10:41pm
ummmm 34
middle age or whatever
is there really a point to this thread?
Sumthin Smushi
Idiot
Sumthin Smushi
September 8th, 2006 at 07:29am
umm...have u thought...that in 6 years....they are going to be 40??

wow...i think thats awsome!! Cheers
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
September 8th, 2006 at 08:47am
NeoSteph:
i think if my friends heard you call 34 old, they would shoot you Shocked

if they stay together i think they've got another 5 years tops in them, because they've gone mainstream they can't last that long, it's usually outside groups that stay together forever.
as sad as that makes me, i quite agree
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
September 8th, 2006 at 09:58am
Lol @ the old thread.

I'm not bothered, as long as the music is still good I'll still like them, regardless of age.
Fashion Zombies!
Jackass
Fashion Zombies!

Mibba Blog
September 8th, 2006 at 10:30am
All my friends are all "EW? GREEN DAY ARE OLD AND WRINKLEY" when they'd be around 3-6 years older than their favourite bands lmfao

Anyways I reckon after the next album the one after that will be their last. They'll want to settle down and have a close to normal life. But that doesn't mean they'll give up playing. And if that happens they'll probably come back together some day.

Also if anyone was to pull out they'd be no replacement. It'd be the end.
matt good.
Geek
matt good.

Mibba Blog
September 8th, 2006 at 11:13am
it makes me cry thinking when they get old....i love tre but i reason with myself...dude...hes gonna get old fast...and ur gonna be young.....yeh...tis sad they will end up quitting some day and i think billie or mike will pull out first...tre will wanna keep going..but those two...yeah i dunno lets hope it wont be soon!!! just enjoy them while there here i say ^^
Sumthin Smushi
Idiot
Sumthin Smushi
September 8th, 2006 at 07:40pm
i honestly am not worrying about it...cuz i really doubt that after all these years...why would they give up??dont they need to go on to support their families??...and billie did say once that this is his life...and if he gives it up...he's giving up life....

i think as fans we shud give best of watever time they have left for us...i dont think they'd like the fact that we're worrying about it so much...
Basket Case BJ
Geek
Basket Case BJ

Mibba
September 8th, 2006 at 08:02pm
I don't care how old they get as long as they still play music.
Yeah, I'll most likely(I will) cry when they do quit, but hopefully it's not that soon. 34 still young!!
Bubble Wrap.
Geek
Bubble Wrap.

Mibba Blog
September 8th, 2006 at 08:14pm
I don't think they'll stop playing unless it's in a body bag like Billie once said. I agree with
' Sumthin Smushi '
Billie really would never give up, same with Mike and Tre'. Music is their life, along with their families.
I think they will keep playing music, and it will never get old. At least I hope so
If they ever left the music business any time soon...
I would probably kill myself. Their the only people that can keep my going. I have some sort of a depression problem and a stress problem.
When I listen to them I feel fine.
I love them
p r i n c e s s
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
p r i n c e s s

Mibba
September 8th, 2006 at 08:16pm
am i the ONLY one who heard tre i think it was say, "The only way any of us are leaving Green Day is in a body bag"? they love what they're doing, i don't think they'll give it up anytime soon, even if they do fall out of favor with the world.
BestCheeseInTown
Geek
BestCheeseInTown
September 8th, 2006 at 10:41pm
Lived without warning:
Michake
Geek
Michake
September 8th, 2006 at 10:48pm
>Cheese<:
Lived without warning:
electric_is_lighting
Geek
electric_is_lighting
September 8th, 2006 at 11:01pm
I think Green Day is still young
just look at The Rolling Stones
they're like in their 50's and they
still play
Sumthin Smushi
Idiot
Sumthin Smushi
September 9th, 2006 at 09:10am
Green.Day1333:
I don't think they'll stop playing unless it's in a body bag like Billie once said. I agree with
' Sumthin Smushi '
Billie really would never give up, same with Mike and Tre'. Music is their life, along with their families.
I think they will keep playing music, and it will never get old. At least I hope so
If they ever left the music business any time soon...
I would probably kill myself. Their the only people that can keep my going. I have some sort of a depression problem and a stress problem.
When I listen to them I feel fine.
I love them

aww...thanks love... Grli LoL...
i know how u feel...i had to go to thereapy two years ago due to family issues...and i swear...when i play my guitar or listen to my GD cd's...i feel on top of the world... Blush
HavingAGreenDay
Falling In Love With The Board
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
September 9th, 2006 at 09:34am
{FallToPiecesInYourArms}:
am i the ONLY one who heard tre i think it was say, "The only way any of us are leaving Green Day is in a body bag"? they love what they're doing, i don't think they'll give it up anytime soon, even if they do fall out of favor with the world.
I think people take quotes too seriously. Even after that statement, Green Day doesn't know when it's going to break up. You have to consider that before American Idiot, Green Day was considering breaking up. Which means if they slumped into another Warning-Shenanigans-esqe slump, they might again consider breaking up. It's going to be hard for them to have another album as big as Dookie and American Idiot were and I think if they repeat that success, that's where it will become imminent of how serious of a band they are.

And you have to admit, after the response they experienced on the Idiot Tour, it's going to pretty hard for them to feel satisfied with "less popular" albums again. Because they won't ever repeat that success this decade, American Idiot will be proclaimed the album of the 00s.
Sumthin Smushi
Idiot
Sumthin Smushi
September 9th, 2006 at 09:39am
{FallToPiecesInYourArms}:

i hate to ruin the debate u guys are having here...but didnt billie say that??^^^ Rolling Eyes
Forever
Addict
Forever
September 9th, 2006 at 01:10pm
I really don't get the point of this thread.
BillieJoeArmstrong'sLover
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
BillieJoeArmstrong'sLover
September 9th, 2006 at 02:28pm
Age is just a number. As much as the guys in GD are now 34-ish, thier emotional age is still young. Honestly, Billie, Tre and Mike don't seem older. I think they still have many a years of rocking left in them.
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
September 9th, 2006 at 02:42pm
They said somewhere that they want to make music together for as long as they're alive and i personally think they have reached a stage in their career where anything is possible yes they may not be famous forever they may not be in the charts forever but they seem to me like they love eachother more than anything they are truly best friends.Im sure they will play together for a long time, maybe they wont release the songs always but they love playing music togheter to much to ever stop. in an article i read billie joe said "80 nows green day will always come first to me, no matter what"
if you love your band more than your wife you are hardly gonna quit anytime soon
like he says in biab green day is me, that is who i am

i think they are one of them bands that will stick along for a long time because 2 of the main reasons bands split are because of fighting all the time and because of having no fans ... and lets face it i dont see either of these happening anytime soon
Register