How Old Do Green Day Have To Be?

AuthorMessage
Butterflies
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Butterflies
September 9th, 2006 at 02:53pm
michaeldirnt:
They said somewhere that they want to make music together for as long as they're alive and i personally think they have reached a stage in their career where anything is possible yes they may not be famous forever they may not be in the charts forever but they seem to me like they love eachother more than anything they are truly best friends.Im sure they will play together for a long time, maybe they wont release the songs always but they love playing music togheter to much to ever stop. in an article i read billie joe said "80 nows green day will always come first to me, no matter what"
if you love your band more than your wife you are hardly gonna quit anytime soon
like he says in biab green day is me, that is who i am

i think they are one of them bands that will stick along for a long time because 2 of the main reasons bands split are because of fighting all the time and because of having no fans ... and lets face it i dont see either of these happening anytime soon

I fully agree Wink
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
September 9th, 2006 at 02:59pm
Butterflies:
michaeldirnt:
They said somewhere that they want to make music together for as long as they're alive and i personally think they have reached a stage in their career where anything is possible yes they may not be famous forever they may not be in the charts forever but they seem to me like they love eachother more than anything they are truly best friends.Im sure they will play together for a long time, maybe they wont release the songs always but they love playing music togheter to much to ever stop. in an article i read billie joe said "80 nows green day will always come first to me, no matter what"
if you love your band more than your wife you are hardly gonna quit anytime soon

i think they are one of them bands that will stick along for a long time because 2 of the main reasons bands split are because of fighting all the time and because of having no fans ... and lets face it i dont see either of these happening anytime soon

I fully agree Wink

thanks Very Happy
they have to much passion for what they do to stop now Cool
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
September 9th, 2006 at 03:02pm
to quote one of them (i think it was billie)
'the only way any one of us is leaving this band is in a bodybag.'

if theyre that devoted to what they do, they could be 70 and still making records.
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
September 9th, 2006 at 03:05pm
anti-christ of suburbia:
to quote one of them (i think it was billie)
'the only way any one of us is leaving this band is in a bodybag.'

if theyre that devoted to what they do, they could be 70 and still making records.

exactly Very Happy
Heather
Idiot
Heather
September 9th, 2006 at 04:27pm
well i dont fully agree with the whole "loving green day more than his wife" thing someone just said..I dont think he ment it exactly like that...i mean if it came down to it and Adrienne was like "me and the kids...or green day" Billie would go with his family even if it was for a while you know....but shw ould never do that and knows how much Green Day means to Billie and that he would be pretty unhappy without them...thats what makes them work...I think thats what he mean by she knows green day comes first......Green Day is just as much a part of her life as his and to the both of them they come first you know..as long as the boys arent being harmed by it or whatever......and they have been able to make a balance between them that seems to work for them........If Green Day were to ever break up...it wouldnt have anything to do with Billies family unless god forbid one of them fell extremly ill...but even then i think it would just be on hold......
catch_22
Geek
catch_22
September 9th, 2006 at 08:08pm
NeoSteph:
i think if my friends heard you call 34 old, they would shoot you Shocked

if they stay together i think they've got another 5 years tops in them, because they've gone mainstream they can't last that long, it's usually outside groups that stay together forever.

I agree with that when people become mainstream they lose sight of things....
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
September 9th, 2006 at 08:29pm
Fear and Loathing:
Not old. Moving along.

I agree. Plus, how knows if their next city will be as mainstream as AI.
Butterflies
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Butterflies
September 10th, 2006 at 05:07am
michaeldirnt:
Butterflies:
michaeldirnt:

I fully agree Wink

thanks Very Happy
they have to much passion for what they do to stop now Cool

You're welcome. Wink
I mean, they love what they're doing, so why quit? Personally I don't wanna think about them splitting up.. at all. Rolling Eyes
burnout420
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
burnout420
September 15th, 2006 at 01:35pm
stratocaster_cutie:
alrighty, if u must know, im really just scared that they might end their band, but i geuss i shouldnt be because if Billie can have a family and be super famous then i dont need to worry. sry for bein a jerk. : (

No no no he's already said he'll be doing this until the day he dies. Green Day is his life and they all don't know what they'd do without their band...I'm not worried about it at all....
Melissa.
Jackass
Melissa.
September 15th, 2006 at 02:03pm
On_The_Wagon_Again:
am i the ONLY one who heard tre i think it was say, "The only way any of us are leaving Green Day is in a body bag"? they love what they're doing, i don't think they'll give it up anytime soon, even if they do fall out of favor with the world.

I think I did too. But whoever did say that is right. The only way Billie Joe, Tre' or Mike will leave Green Day is in a body bag.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
September 15th, 2006 at 04:22pm
Melissa.:
On_The_Wagon_Again:
am i the ONLY one who heard tre i think it was say, "The only way any of us are leaving Green Day is in a body bag"? they love what they're doing, i don't think they'll give it up anytime soon, even if they do fall out of favor with the world.

I think I did too. But whoever did say that is right. The only way Billie Joe, Tre' or Mike will leave Green Day is in a body bag.

Yeah, Billie said that.

But I dont think they are to old, they will stop when they want to, not because people think they are to old
Roisin-Marie
King For A Couple Of Days
Roisin-Marie

Blog
September 15th, 2006 at 05:59pm
they're getting paid big money for what they're doing, i don't think they're just gonna stop right now....or as my mum said-they might leave the music industry for a while and then make a comeback, which i don't think would be too bad
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
September 15th, 2006 at 07:08pm
P¤iSon L¤Ve:
they're getting paid big money for what they're doing, i don't think they're just gonna stop right now....or as my mum said-they might leave the music industry for a while and then make a comeback, which i don't think would be too bad

I dont think they really care about the money that much....
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
September 15th, 2006 at 07:13pm
P¤iSon L¤Ve:
Haven't they already made a comeback with AI?
Maybe Warning too?
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
September 15th, 2006 at 07:19pm
greendayjunkie:
P¤iSon L¤Ve:

Nah, they don't. Billie's said many times before he does it because it's what he loves doing.
Age or money doesn't matter to them I don't think.
billiejoesgirl2006
Geek
billiejoesgirl2006

Mibba
September 15th, 2006 at 07:23pm
i dont think 34 is old they still loads left in them! i wouldnt want them to give up yet!
Bobbastard
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Bobbastard
September 18th, 2006 at 10:15am
in an article from 96 when there were rumours of greenday splitting up, they released an interview saying theyd be around untill one or all of them died. they probably wont stay mainstream forever, but who cares im sure there are plenty of crappy one hit wonder emo bands out there to fill the mainstream, greenday will release music as long as they are still capable. and 33 is NOT old!! look at NOFX they are in their 40s
i think anyone that thinks theyll split up is wrong,cause most of you havnt grown up with them and dont know them as well as you think.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
September 18th, 2006 at 03:08pm
33/34 is not old!!! i resent that, i am 35 and i can still go to the toilet unaided!!
Give 'Em Hell Kid
Geek
Give 'Em Hell Kid
September 18th, 2006 at 03:13pm
34 old? Green Day old? No way! There are sooooo many bands/singers older than that
Roisin-Marie
Roisin-Marie

Blog
September 19th, 2006 at 08:47am
greendayjunkie:
P¤iSon L¤Ve:

na don't think they care much about the fame thing either...but i mean, if you were getting paid a big amount of money for something you enjoyed to do and that you would probably do in your own time anyways....you'd keep going until you physically couldn't anymore.know what i mean? Laughing you might as well be getting paid for it :]
Register