School Shootings

AuthorMessage
Gone_Never Comming Back
Geek
Gone_Never Comming Back
October 1st, 2005 at 08:15pm
Why was the Columbine such a big deal?? there has been many school shootings before.....someone fill me in about this, cause i asked my brother abut this and he said it happened a long time ago...at an age i shouldnt have know...so someone tell me about this
iDontCareNoMore
Geek
iDontCareNoMore

Mibba
October 1st, 2005 at 11:07pm
Havoc_Worlds:
Why was the Columbine such a big deal?? there has been many school shootings before.....someone fill me in about this, cause i asked my brother abut this and he said it happened a long time ago...at an age i shouldnt have know...so someone tell me about this

The Columbine high school massacre happened on April 20, 1999. The two shooters, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, killed 12 and injured 23 before shooting themselves. Columbine was probably the most deadly school shooting in America in the last 20 or 30 years.
"x"
Falling In Love With The Board
"x"
October 2nd, 2005 at 04:18am
I was gonna read a book on this. this girl got shot.. cos she was a christian. it's her diary and stuff. but I can't find the book Confused
"x"
"x"
October 2nd, 2005 at 04:20am
well I think it was the Columbine shootings. it was A school shooting.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
King For A Couple Of Days
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
October 2nd, 2005 at 05:25am
FateATwisted5-25-77:
I think I understand why Eric and Dylan did what they did at Columbine. They were troubled, they needed help, and no action was taken. They were beyond help at that point. That DOES NOT mean that it was right. They killed people.

The question is, however, is WHY? Why was nothing done? Why did no one help them? The two were practically calling for help on their website, but no one seemed alarmed. These people should not be blaming the media. They should be blaming themselves.
I totally agree with that, this is a promblem with a lot of people including the government, they can't empathise, they just dismiss something is wrong without thinking why someone did it. I think this about suicide bombers, they are not all bad people, they think what they are doing is right.
iDontCareNoMore
Geek
iDontCareNoMore

Mibba
October 2nd, 2005 at 12:17pm
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
FateATwisted5-25-77:
I think I understand why Eric and Dylan did what they did at Columbine. They were troubled, they needed help, and no action was taken. They were beyond help at that point. That DOES NOT mean that it was right. They killed people.

The question is, however, is WHY? Why was nothing done? Why did no one help them? The two were practically calling for help on their website, but no one seemed alarmed. These people should not be blaming the media. They should be blaming themselves.
I totally agree with that, this is a promblem with a lot of people including the government, they can't empathise, they just dismiss something is wrong without thinking why someone did it. I think this about suicide bombers, they are not all bad people, they think what they are doing is right.

Yes, and that's the reason why they do not have a clue why these kids did this. The county sherriff had seen Eric Harris's website before the shootings,but did nothing. And now people wonder why kids are trying to copy this horrifying event. It's because they can IDENTIFY with Eric and Dylan. They can sympathise because they are going through the same problems at their school. Some adults must be too stupid to see how kids can think up this stuff. You can't blame it on the media, there's been guns around before TVs. Maybe if the government tried to sympathize with these kids instead of ranting about how evil they are, just MAYBE it would help.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
October 2nd, 2005 at 03:55pm
FateATwisted5-25-77:
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
FateATwisted5-25-77:

Yes, and that's the reason why they do not have a clue why these kids did this. The county sherriff had seen Eric Harris's website before the shootings,but did nothing. And now people wonder why kids are trying to copy this horrifying event. It's because they can IDENTIFY with Eric and Dylan. They can sympathise because they are going through the same problems at their school. Some adults must be too stupid to see how kids can think up this stuff. You can't blame it on the media, there's been guns around before TVs. Maybe if the government tried to sympathize with these kids instead of ranting about how evil they are, just MAYBE it would help.

Exactly...People should reason and think about things before they decide they are bad and evil.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 2nd, 2005 at 07:51pm
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
FateATwisted5-25-77:
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
FateATwisted5-25-77:

Exactly...People should reason and think about things before they decide they are bad and evil.
read my journals, should they lock me in an insane asylum?
no one could have predicted it all right, it was just a bunch of self-absorbed asshole who wouldn't give the kids fifteen seconds of their time
we all blow off people assuming they have some one to go to, everyone's guilty of this
these kids just had no one at all, no one to listen to them; yeah, people were a little assholish, but no one could have predicted this

their act was (to me) a message, I interperated it as, "yeah, next time you don't pay attention, remember, your head can be blown off just as fast as you blew them off when they tried to talk to you"
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
October 2nd, 2005 at 07:53pm
of course, i don't know for sure what was going on inside those kids' heads when they pulled out the gun and started spraying everyone with bullets.
but songs like POD's Youth of the Nation and Kelly Rowland's Stole paint a slight picture.
it's sad nobody was there to help those kids when they needed it, so it ended up too heavy a burden to handle and it all came out the way it did.
sorta like karma, really. people didn't offer help when it was needed. so people ended up dead.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 2nd, 2005 at 07:56pm
[QUOTE="CapriHOLY SHIT!!!! I JUST REALIZED YOU HAD A CLONE HIGH SIG!!!!!!!! I MISS THAT SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1134

anyway, yeah, no one cared about them, we live in an age of apathy and egos *cough*Billie Joe*cough* and no one's doing anything to stop it
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
October 2nd, 2005 at 08:02pm
spill_no_sick:
[QUOTE="CapriHOLY SHIT!!!! I JUST REALIZED YOU HAD A CLONE HIGH SIG!!!!!!!! I MISS THAT SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1134

anyway, yeah, no one cared about them, we live in an age of apathy and egos *cough*Billie Joe*cough* and no one's doing anything to stop it
lmfao
-off topic- may i offer you a cough drop? Cool
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 2nd, 2005 at 08:16pm
I miss that show so much Crying or Very sad

Cleopatria: "and we put a moat around our fortress to keep the special ed kids out"

Joan: (P.O.ed) "it's a wonder she didn't put acid in the moat"

Abe: "she would have but she said it'd kill the parannas"
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
October 2nd, 2005 at 08:24pm
Joan: Argh! Makes me so angry that i could kiss you!
Abe: What was that last part?
Joan: I'm-I'm sorry, what? No, I-I said 'I-I-I-I could piss... glue.' As in, ah, 'Oh, I'm so angry I could piss glue!'

or something like that. meh. i haven't seen too many episodes, it's only just aired here
-stops spamming-
RebelGirl91
Geek
RebelGirl91
October 4th, 2005 at 07:28pm
o ok i can talk on this post because i know alot about Columbine, i just read the book "She Said Yes" it was by the mother who's daughter was shot by the shooters in the library for this-
The killers asked her do you belive in God?
-"Yes" she said
and then she was shot, i cant get over the fact that these killers had that much hate in them to do something so auful. I've seen pitures of the bodies and it is auful what they did to them, i pray to god that this never happens again.... Crying or Very sad
Just a Puppet...
Addict
Just a Puppet...
October 5th, 2005 at 02:08pm
RebelGirl91:
o ok i can talk on this post because i know alot about Columbine, i just read the book "She Said Yes" it was by the mother who's daughter was shot by the shooters in the library for this-
The killers asked her do you belive in God?
-"Yes" she said
and then she was shot, i cant get over the fact that these killers had that much hate in them to do something so auful. I've seen pitures of the bodies and it is auful what they did to them, i pray to god that this never happens again.... Crying or Very sad
I've read the same. One boy was asked the same qustion. When he said Yes, they shot off his left arm. They asked him again, and they shot off his right. then they asked him why he still said yes, and he replied "Because I would rather die and see my God, than live to see the devil.' Then they killed him.

;_;
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
October 6th, 2005 at 08:10am
there are some gangs where I live and the maroccian gang is pissed at the dutch gang so they put on masks and grabbed some guns and they ran into a school in my town Shocked
like omg gangwars in the netherlands

why fight because you have a different belief?
and why the fuck do it in a school?
no one got hurt though but it's fucking scary
those people suck!
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
October 6th, 2005 at 08:13am
why not just ban religions?
thay only make war

I think everyone has the right to have their opinion and belief though
but it doesn't get us anywhere now does it?
it's out of control and people are killing eachother because they have different beliefs Sad

but that's easy for me to say since I'm an atheist
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 6th, 2005 at 08:47am
The minority!:
thay only make war

it's out of control and people are killing eachother because they have different beliefs Sad

pretty much it's easy for athiests to say, they don't know shit about religion
you say, "oh Christians just make war, blah blah blah" you know what? if everyone was Christian there would be no war
if everyone was athiest there would, think about it: Christians are taught to forgive, Athiesm is the most unorganized religion, so anything other than athiesm would recquire no war if everyone believed in it, but if everyone put all trust in science then we'd still be fucked up
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
October 6th, 2005 at 08:56am
The minority!:
thay only make war

Iraq war wasn't about religion.
Viet nam wasn't about religion.

In fact neither of the World wars were about religion, in fact i can't think of a war in the last 100 years that was about relgion.

But then religion is the easiest thing to blame now isn't it, because if you try to defend it, you get labeled as bible basher in modern day society.

The only thing repsponcible for war, is PEOPLE.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 6th, 2005 at 09:03am
NeoSteph:
The minority!:
thay only make war

Iraq war wasn't about religion.
Viet nam wasn't about religion.

In fact neither of the World wars were about religion, in fact i can't think of a war in the last 100 years that was about relgion.

But then religion is the easiest thing to blame now isn't it, because if you try to defend it, you get labeled as bible basher in modern day society.

The only thing repsponcible for war, is PEOPLE.
and no matter how hard we try they stay here....damn people
Register