School Shootings

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 16th, 2006 at 11:12am
Trouble Bound Castaway:
Well..you COULD be known for suicidal and just kick the crap out of the bullie. I mean, you're trying to prevent something which is irreversible. If you ask me, just give the bully a warning and if he doesn't stop, beat the living crap out of him. The tortured kid will know you won't take any shit even if it's not you.

Nice thought, but it isn't that easy for the victim and the tormentor to exchange places. If this kid is being intimidated and bullied on a regular basis, they're likely to be afraid of their bully and can't just hit back.

But you all know my stance on physical violence anyway so...
suicidalbunny*
Idiot
suicidalbunny*
January 16th, 2006 at 11:33am
spill_no_sick:
that's nothing like religion at all, and religion isn't drawing to a close, athiesm is still a religion

and people aren't taking responsibility for shit! lmfao
they blame it all on religion and stuff
The dictionary definition of religion is 'the belief in, or worship of, a god.' And the definition of atheism is 'belief that there is no god.' So how can atheism be a religion?
Trouble Bound Castaway
Falling In Love With The Board
Trouble Bound Castaway
January 16th, 2006 at 12:00pm
Bloodraine:
Trouble Bound Castaway:
Well..you COULD be known for suicidal and just kick the crap out of the bullie. I mean, you're trying to prevent something which is irreversible. If you ask me, just give the bully a warning and if he doesn't stop, beat the living crap out of him. The tortured kid will know you won't take any shit even if it's not you.

Nice thought, but it isn't that easy for the victim and the tormentor to exchange places. If this kid is being intimidated and bullied on a regular basis, they're likely to be afraid of their bully and can't just hit back.

But you all know my stance on physical violence anyway so...
Well..you could probably get me to knock the kid's face off of his skull. I mean, I need to release my hidden anger
Kitti
Kitti
January 16th, 2006 at 12:15pm
suicidal-x-bunny:
spill_no_sick:
that's nothing like religion at all, and religion isn't drawing to a close, athiesm is still a religion

The dictionary definition of religion is 'the belief in, or worship of, a god.' And the definition of atheism is 'belief that there is no god.' So how can atheism be a religion?

Religion is a statment about your belief in God. Atheists say that there is no god. That is their statement about god. Taoists say that god is all around and there is no name or word for it, that's their staement about god.
Make more sense now?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 16th, 2006 at 10:18pm
paradoxical:
suicidal-x-bunny:
spill_no_sick:

Religion is a statment about your belief in God. Atheists say that there is no god. That is their statement about god. Taoists say that god is all around and there is no name or word for it, that's their staement about god.
Make more sense now?
my definition of religion (people hate how boiled down it is): a set of morals and the reasons

my whole definition
athiesm is your belief (moral system) and "what I think logically" is your reason
-Misery-
Geek
-Misery-
January 16th, 2006 at 10:44pm
i don't blame the shooters..

i was about to shoot people at my old school.
$PERB$
Idiot
$PERB$
January 16th, 2006 at 10:46pm
ya i agree alotta the time the ppl they is shootin deserve it i think shooter r sometimes champions of justice like if the fuckhead schools dont do shit bout bullies n asshole i say u take matter inta yurr own hands by puttin guns in em!
*this msg was approved by the democratic party*
Kiss
-Misery-
Geek
-Misery-
January 16th, 2006 at 10:49pm
lmfao
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 16th, 2006 at 10:51pm
go see the movie Elephant!!!!!!!
directed by Gus Van Sant

the best movie involving a school shootout EVER!!!!

and then brush up on what you know about school shootings

I actually believe we have a lack of school shootings

think about it, every person has to admit to idely thinking of shooting out the school......at least .5% of people can admit to giving it serious thought......and it happens very rarely

at a pep rally the other day I thought to myself about how easily it would be to shoot at least twenty people before anyone knew what was going on, yet the record for most deaths in a single shoot-out is probably seventeen

what invisible force prevents this?
$PERB$
Idiot
$PERB$
January 16th, 2006 at 10:53pm
at my old school in T.O., we had a list of "most likely to shoot up the school" and like 3 of my oldest n best friends were on it and i was ok with that
Kitti
Kitti
January 17th, 2006 at 08:19pm
spill_no_sick:
directed by Gus Van Sant

think about it, every person has to admit to idely thinking of shooting out the school......at least .5% of people can admit to giving it serious thought......and it happens very rarely

at a pep rally the other day I thought to myself about how easily it would be to shoot at least twenty people before anyone knew what was going on, yet the record for most deaths in a single shoot-out is probably seventeen

Our humanity.
That innate mercy that we have.
Rainbows in the Dark
Idiot
Rainbows in the Dark

Blog
February 10th, 2006 at 10:59pm
$PERB$:
ya i agree alotta the time the ppl they is shootin deserve it i think shooter r sometimes champions of justice like if the fuckhead schools dont do shit bout bullies n asshole i say u take matter inta yurr own hands by puttin guns in em!
*this msg was approved by the democratic party*
Kiss

I don't think you can ever say someone deserves to die. Maybe that's me but even if people terrorize you everyday for your whole life don't think they should be shot. And don't say "Oh you don't know what it's like" because I do. Maybe the people who got shot provoked the shooter but like in Columbine the two shooters just shot random people or minorities. I'm not sure about this but I don't think anyone they should directly picked on them.
Rainbows in the Dark
Idiot
Rainbows in the Dark

Blog
February 10th, 2006 at 11:02pm
spill_no_sick:
directed by Gus Van Sant

I saw that movie!
It's amazing. I agree with you when you say almost everyone has wanted to shoot someone in their school at one time or another but for most people that is just a temporary thought. The reason there aren't more shootings in my opinon is because people aren't brave enough to do it. By no means am I encouraging shootings but I think it takes a lot of courage to follow through with.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 11th, 2006 at 09:55am
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]:
I don't get why everyone blamed Marilyn Manson...but I guess he made some great points in his interview afterwards because it really is the parents fault..they're just looking for someone to blame. These kids obviously needed help but no one noticed..so i guess the teachers were to blame too...

they blamed him because they wouldnt blame the govermet.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
February 11th, 2006 at 11:22am
tre_cool_is_god:
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]:
I don't get why everyone blamed Marilyn Manson...but I guess he made some great points in his interview afterwards because it really is the parents fault..they're just looking for someone to blame. These kids obviously needed help but no one noticed..so i guess the teachers were to blame too...

because it's not the governments fault
Marilyn Manson was an easy scapegoat (the government is an easier one) but the real people at fault are the average American people who think that they're too good for everyone else and only give thought to other people when there's a chance that person cares about them

the average American person is selfish and ready to blame the government for their problems
think about it, it isn't the government ("government by the people"Wink it's the people, any flaws in the government is a flaw in the average American

and for other countries: you are getting Americanized in the wrong ways, don't steal our culture (the selfishness) because it sucks ass

if all countries had the resources and government of America, but the people and atmosphere of......Canadia then the world be a better place
Kitti
Kitti
February 11th, 2006 at 11:25am
spill_no_sick:
tre_cool_is_god:
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]:

Marilyn Manson was an easy scapegoat (the government is an easier one) but the real people at fault are the average American people who think that they're too good for everyone else and only give thought to other people when there's a chance that person cares about them

the average American person is selfish and ready to blame the government for their problems
think about it, it isn't the government ("government by the people"Wink it's the people, any flaws in the government is a flaw in the average American

and for other countries: you are getting Americanized in the wrong ways, don't steal our culture (the selfishness) because it sucks ass

if all countries had the resources and government of America, but the people and atmosphere of......Canadia then the world be a better place

As much as I typically disagree with your political philosophy, I agree with that idea wholeheartedly.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
February 11th, 2006 at 11:39am
paradoxical:
spill_no_sick:
tre_cool_is_god:
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]:

As much as I typically disagree with your political philosophy, I agree with that idea wholeheartedly.
America (the government) is almost perfect
America (the people) is the worst of any country
Canadia (the government) has many flaws (in my opinion)
Canadia (the people) are almost perfect

see what we could do if we just gave Canadia California and in return we get Toronto or something?
Kitti
Kitti
February 11th, 2006 at 11:58am
spill_no_sick:
paradoxical:
spill_no_sick:
tre_cool_is_god:
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]:

America (the government) is almost perfect
America (the people) is the worst of any country
Canadia (the government) has many flaws (in my opinion)
Canadia (the people) are almost perfect

see what we could do if we just gave Canadia California and in return we get Toronto or something?

I was just discussing that same thing with someone yesterday. Ideally, our government is perfect. But when only twenty percent of voters actually exercise that right...
And then the people who don't vote complain. Fucking morons. If you voted and you have a problem, I'll deal. But if you're complaining and you didn't take any action to make room for change, that's just stupid.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 12th, 2006 at 06:21am
if your goverment was perfect how could they let a teenager buy a gun and then walk into a school and shoot people?
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
February 12th, 2006 at 06:34am
tre_cool_is_god:
if your goverment was perfect how could they let a teenager buy a gun and then walk into a school and shoot people?

Because they're trying to give some freedom and give teenagers equal rights I suppose.
They didn't know what the teenager was gonna do.
Register