Sexuality

AuthorMessage
.Ashley.
Falling In Love With The Board
.Ashley.
May 30th, 2006 at 12:54am
My point on gays have changed a lot since I been on GSB. Way back then I though being gay was 'evil' I guess you would put it. But now since I started to have feelings for a girl, I realize there is nothing wrong in being gay. If you love that person, then you should have the 'right' to marry that person. Why should people judge people for being gay? And it is wrong for being gay then the God will deal with them on judgement day.
ImBlindAndISmellLikeShit
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ImBlindAndISmellLikeShit
May 30th, 2006 at 08:10am
CountMikeulasNextVictim:
ImBlindAndISmellLikeShit:
Love has no gender, all you need is a heart
Clap hey i like that hmm can i use that in an avatar one day if you dont mind?

Sure, go ahead Very Happy
youbrokemy<3
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
youbrokemy<3

Mibba
May 30th, 2006 at 04:10pm
there's nothing wrong with it...i'm bisexual and actually it's the church's interpretation of it...there is nothing in the teachings of Christ that say it is wrong
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
May 30th, 2006 at 06:24pm
sheepless and redundant:
Bad Wolf:
sheepless and redundant:
Actually, I think it's disgusting that there even has to be a thread about this

Care to expand?

Since anyone who pays attention would know that there's nothing different about homosexual people.

This thread isn't about just homosexuality though, the name of the thread is sexuality. And I really don't see what's disgusting about people discussing their opinions on it.
snow job.
Geek
snow job.

Mibba
May 30th, 2006 at 07:56pm
Being gay has nothing to do with your faith. So, what if you're a guy and you like a guy? That's called attraction, and that is something we can't help...
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
May 31st, 2006 at 01:58pm
Just a Puppet...:
I was taught when I was younger that being homosexual is a DNA error which cannot be helped, and that bisexuality doesnt exist - but hormone filled teens do.

I knew I was bisexual since I was a small child. I had just always been attracted to both sexes. I think the first person I ever liked was a girl, too. It's not just teens, some people were born and died bisexual.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
May 31st, 2006 at 02:00pm
Inc: Bad Wolf:
sheepless and redundant:
Bad Wolf:
sheepless and redundant:
Actually, I think it's disgusting that there even has to be a thread about this

Care to expand?

Since anyone who pays attention would know that there's nothing different about homosexual people.

This thread isn't about just homosexuality though, the name of the thread is sexuality. And I really don't see what's disgusting about people discussing their opinions on it.

Okay, I get what your saying. What I wrote didn't really make sense.
But actually, it was first named "Gays..."
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
May 31st, 2006 at 02:16pm
blood:
see... sexuality is mostly pshycological though....
basicly, if not for morality people would all be bi.
thankfully.... we do have morals....and most people dont go around screwing any thing that moves.

What does morals have to do with who you're attracted to?
And as for "screwing any thing that moves" you appear to be getting morals mixed up with self-control.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 31st, 2006 at 02:17pm
sheepless and redundant:

Yeah...That was kinda my idea to ask a mod to rename it.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
May 31st, 2006 at 03:28pm
Bloodraine:
sheepless and redundant:

Yeah...That was kinda my idea to ask a mod to rename it.

I wasn't saying it was a bad idea to rename it, I was just saying that it was originally about homosexuals, not just sexuality in general.
ImBlindAndISmellLikeShit
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ImBlindAndISmellLikeShit
June 2nd, 2006 at 12:05am
Just a Puppet...:
I was taught when I was younger that being homosexual is a DNA error which cannot be helped, and that bisexuality doesnt exist - but hormone filled teens do.

Thats highly offensive to alot of people I know. I myself am not homosexual, but alot of my family friends are, and calling the way that they are attracted to people an "error" is practically the same as calling it "wrong".

And being homosexual has nothing to do with DNA.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
June 3rd, 2006 at 12:58pm
Wait, can we back up a second...?

Panic, can you expand a bit? You said that bisexulaity has been around since the Greeks (at least), then continues today...but you said it's gotten "more and more Immoral"? Until now, you guess? I'm not really understanding that. for one thing, how can a sexuality become more or less immoral? And how has bisexuality manged it? Or am I far away from what you're driving at?

It's already been discussed that bisexuals are no more or less promiscuous than gays or straights. Simply because they like both sexes doesn't mean they are constantly having sex or anything.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 3rd, 2006 at 01:03pm
PanicOfBeliever:
Well Im back in here after some research on the topic.

I admit I was wrong, Bisexuals have been present all throughout history. Going back to the greeks they were openly bisexual and "Fucked anything that moved" so to speak.

And after that it was present but through time has become more and more Immoral. Until now I guess.
and I think that bisexuality in Greek times had a lot to do with the emphesis on male beauty and the nude male body (which is what historians think too)

they said, "homosexuality with men was not uncommon for Greeks, in fact, many of them married as long as they showered each other with gifts, and that's as far as it went"

of course we know that's not as far as it went, but that's what's happening in our modern times but with women. We put so much into making sure that women are mainly good for sex that they see it in themselves. A lot of stuff like this doesn't present true sexuality, and I don't agree with customs like this that produce false sexuality. I do however, agree with true sexuality.

that may be a bit confusing, but still...
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
June 3rd, 2006 at 01:27pm
spill_no_sick:
PanicOfBeliever:

I admit I was wrong, Bisexuals have been present all throughout history. Going back to the greeks they were openly bisexual and "Fucked anything that moved" so to speak.

And after that it was present but through time has become more and more Immoral. Until now I guess.
and I think that bisexuality in Greek times had a lot to do with the emphesis on male beauty and the nude male body (which is what historians think too)

they said, "homosexuality with men was not uncommon for Greeks, in fact, many of them married as long as they showered each other with gifts, and that's as far as it went"

of course we know that's not as far as it went, but that's what's happening in our modern times but with women. We put so much into making sure that women are mainly good for sex that they see it in themselves. A lot of stuff like this doesn't present true sexuality, and I don't agree with customs like this that produce false sexuality. I do however, agree with true sexuality.

Greek bisexuality was pretty weird, looking at it from a modern perspective. This was traditional, sanctioned pedophilia.

How it worked was this: An adult man would catch the eye of a youngish (teenage) boy. The boy would be showered in presents and guidance from the man, who would also make advances. The boy was expected to resist, but not forever...(x-rated sound effects ensue.) This bond between boy and man continued for years, as the man would offer aid at home and in battle abroad. Eventually, the man would help the full-gown boy pick out a suitable wife. The boy, now a man, would have kids and such, and also pick out a boy of his own to...guide. And so the cycle went, for centuries.

That's how I understand it, anyway. Where did I hear of it? Larry Gonick, the humorous historian who does cartoon histories. (Remember him, Nick?)
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 3rd, 2006 at 01:46pm
dirtyhippie:
spill_no_sick:
PanicOfBeliever:

Greek bisexuality was pretty weird, looking at it from a modern perspective. This was traditional, sanctioned pedophilia.

How it worked was this: An adult man would catch the eye of a youngish (teenage) boy. The boy would be showered in presents and guidance from the man, who would also make advances. The boy was expected to resist, but not forever...(x-rated sound effects ensue.) This bond between boy and man continued for years, as the man would offer aid at home and in battle abroad. Eventually, the man would help the full-gown boy pick out a suitable wife. The boy, now a man, would have kids and such, and also pick out a boy of his own to...guide. And so the cycle went, for centuries.

That's how I understand it, anyway. Where did I hear of it? Larry Gonick, the humorous historian who does cartoon histories. (Remember him, Nick?)
I remember you mentioning him
I've read this in various places but I saw it in a school video too....they weren't supposed to have sex, but that's like not supposed to smoke in Jamaica....we know it happens anyway

anywho, it all happened because of the emphesis on the nude male and the sexual appearance of the male in their culture

now we're doing it in this culture to women and it still isn't right
(which is also why I don't believe half of the bisexuals in American are naturally bisexual
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
June 3rd, 2006 at 05:24pm
Decided to post this because it seems relevant

Bi-sexuality means to be sexually and/or romantically attracted towards or involved with members of more than one sex. However, having acted on those attractions is not a prerequisite for being a Bi-sexual. A definition for a Bi-sexual as distinct from Bi-sexuality would be anybody who, by their own criteria, does feel or at the least is capable of feeling, such attractions. A Bi-sexual may have a preference for one sex over another, attracted equally, or generally find gender meaningless. Regardless, attractions tend to vary with time.

Just because someone doesn’t exhibits an attraction towards members of more then one sex, doesn’t prelude them from being bi-sexual. In the same fashion, demonstrating this behavior doesn’t automatically make you a Bi-sexual. It is important to accept that all Bi-sexuals haves their own criteria/definition for Bi-sexuality, and respect that.

You can be a Bi-sexual and have never been intimate with a member of the same/opposite sex. It’s up to you to decide if you are Bi-sexual or not, nobody knows you better then you, and absolutely nobody has the right to tell you, “What you are”. Bi-sexuality isn’t about what’s in your heads, it’s not even about what’s in your pants, it’s about how you feel, and what you would like to do.

It is very natural when coming to terms with a new reality about yourself, to be confused. For some Bi-sexuality will just an experiment or stepping stone on the way to or from homosexuality. But Bi-sexuality isn’t simply a confused phase; most Bi-sexuals are absolute and resolved in their sexuality, remaining Bi-sexual their entire life. However, Sexuality isn’t this rigid thing; it fluctuates and changes with time. The important thing is how you feel at this moment and time in your life, and just because you may feel different in the future, doesn’t make how you feel now, any less true or right. The fact that some people, ultimately, do not remain bisexual for life, does not make it any less a valid sexual orientation

Coming out of the closet and living as a Queer, is often difficult. For some claiming to be Bi-sexual though they know their not, can make the ordeal easier. There can be a sense of not wanting to alienate friends and family more then absolutely necessary, and that people can somehow understand and accept Bi-sexuality more easily then homosexuality. The reality is that coming out as Bi-sexual is not a cake walk. For some, coming out as Bi-sexual, will be the most difficult decision they’ll make in their life. Even if you have absolute faith in your orientation others often don’t. Bi-sexuals face being accused of avoiding “normal relationships” from one corner, and internalized homophobia from the other, using their bisexuality to pretend to be heterosexual at work/school/college. Some lesbians and gay men also have sex with members of the opposite sex, and see Bi-sexuality as a direct threat to how they identify themselves. These people can be particularly nasty towards Bi-sexuals. Bi-sexuality is not a denial, a cop out, or a middle ground between heterosexuality and homosexuality. It is a distinct and valid orientation.

There are people who will try and convince you that having a preference towards one gender over another, means you're truly gay or straight. Most bi-sexuals are not equally attracted to both sexes. That is not to say that what they feel for one sex is any less intense or valid as what they feel for the other, just that they have a natural predisposition towards members of one sex. It's easier to describe attractions in terms of qualities, some people are attracted to the specific qualities of men or women others find they are attracted to qualities which know no gender bounds.

A question often raised is, can Bi-sexuals be monogamous? Bi-sexuals have attractions towards both genders, that doesn’t mean they act on those attractions all of the time, or even at all. Bisexuals are no more or less capable of monogamy then anyone else. The stigma of Bi-sexuals not being capable of monogamy stems from the fact that polygamous Bi-sexual stand out in both communities, especially when moving from one relationship to another across genders lines. People see two members of the same sex in a long term monogamous relationship, they presume gay, and similarly they presume straight for two members of the opposite sex. Before I had a girlfriend people presumed I was straight, and after they presumed I was gay. A monogamous Bi-sexual is not straight or gay, they're still Bi-sexual, since they still feel Bi-sexual.

Some people suggest that everybody is Bi-sexual; however there are many people who have lovers of both sexes but do not consider themselves bi-sexual. To insist that someone is Bi-sexual robs from that person their rights to self determination, and to follow their own path in life, without being subjected to cultural/sub-cultural norms.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
June 3rd, 2006 at 10:28pm
I whole-heartedly support homosexuals (and heterosexuals), I just don't really get how love can have a gender Confused
I guess it's partly what kind of thing you look for in a partner...
flh06
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
flh06
June 4th, 2006 at 09:05am
i think big brother is to blame for renforcing the gay stereotype. i like BB but they do tend to choose stereotypical people.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
June 4th, 2006 at 09:36am
For some reason it really bothers me when people call lesbians "lez" or "lezzy."
Think I'm not exactly sure why.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 4th, 2006 at 02:29pm
holy crap, how is this topic not closed yet?
everyone says the same thing over and over for seventy-three pages and I haven't heard anything new in a while

yes we know, "love has no gender"
I love the reinforcement on that statement
and, "I support gay rights, they should be treated like everyone else"
terrific explanation as to what you mean and what you're talking about
Register