Sexuality

AuthorMessage
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
May 19th, 2007 at 09:29pm
I think everyone needs to stop caring a little bit.
If other people choose to express themselves as homosexuals, how would that effect you in any way? It just might make it a little harder for you to find a partner, which could very well actually be because of your overwhelming ignorance.

Some people claim homosexuals are mentally ill, and that they have an actual problem.
I'm pretty sure we don't put restrictions on the mentally handicapped unless it makes them dangerous.
I, personally, do not find homosexual relationships to be dangerous, but that's just me...

As for incest, as mentioned above, I wouldn't see a problem, if it didn't cause birth defects and such. That's just not fair to the child. If you wanna go and get a vasectomy to bang your sister, more power to you.

I can't see the religious side of it, either.
I am agnostic, but I can completely understand why religion helps some people. Having faith can get you through a lot of hardships.
However, I'm not quite sure how hating other people for their decisions in life helps you with your problems. If anything, it just brings on more stress.
Open your eyes a bit.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
May 20th, 2007 at 07:43am
''If other people choose to express themselves as homosexuals, how would that effect you in any way?''

I don't see homosexuality as a way of self-expression =/
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
May 20th, 2007 at 07:52am
Ieva Christ:
''If other people choose to express themselves as homosexuals, how would that effect you in any way?''

I don't see homosexuality as a way of self-expression =/

haha sometimes it is.

...but yeah actually it's not. who said that?! Cheese
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
May 20th, 2007 at 05:28pm
I didn't mean it as a form of self-expression.
I meant, choose to express themselves while being homosexuals.
As in, expressing their opinions and ideas, as opposed to shutting themselves up entirely, which a lot do in fear of criticism and such.
Badly worded, sorry. And even now it's pretty confusing. :/
ree-ee-annan
King For A Couple Of Days
ree-ee-annan
May 21st, 2007 at 12:37pm
i think people should be able to do what they want, without feeling like they cant because of what other people might say.

as much as homosexuality is being accepted more these days, its also being rejected.

some people will always have a problem with it.
but its your choice, not theres.

done.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
May 21st, 2007 at 01:34pm
''but its your choice''

I hate it how everyone keeps saying it's a choice. You don't really choose it.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
May 21st, 2007 at 03:00pm
Ieva Christ:
''but its your choice''

I hate it how everyone keeps saying it's a choice. You don't really choose it.
I believe that your are born that way. But you can choose to come clean or to live in denial your whole life.
ree-ee-annan
ree-ee-annan
May 22nd, 2007 at 12:42pm
yeah, i didnt mean it as in you choose to be gay.
i meant you choose to let people know you are.

meh.
loveyoohxxx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
loveyoohxxx
May 25th, 2007 at 01:21pm
It isnt evil.
it doesnt matter who the fuck you fall in love with or who you want to be with, people dont chooses their destineys they can only adapt to them.
its bullshit.
fuck god if he thinks that.
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
May 28th, 2007 at 11:32am
I'm guessing because it's not as normal as when a man and woman are in a relationship. However, there are gay people int he world. People are going to have to deal with them. Oh good Lord, the gays are overtaking. Yup. -_-
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
May 28th, 2007 at 11:32am
Also, I believe in this:
Love has no gender.

And to me, that's true.
missand
Geek
missand

Mibba
June 3rd, 2007 at 07:19am
I go to church as well and I had been told that I choose between my gay/ bi/ straight/ punk mates and the church.

I chose the friends, I don't judge people for their sexuality because I think there should be more open minded people around and no the ones who like attacking people for it.

If someone is gay we shouldn't condemn them for it
missand
Geek
missand

Mibba
June 3rd, 2007 at 07:21am
I mean I found out that this guy I really like is gay and he was scared to tell me in case I punched him, I explained to him that it doesn't matter to me or anyone else because you can't help the way you feel about someone. We are best mates and I admit I still really like him, but I accepted him for who he is and he said he is glad that at least somebody is still willing to be his friend.
a1b2c3d4
Idiot
a1b2c3d4
June 5th, 2007 at 06:57am
i think i might have posted on this thread all those years ago when i last came on
but i've changed since then so.

My best friend is gay and a lot of all my other guy friends are gay, which obviously means i don't see anything wrong with it. Smile They just like different people to straight people, i can't see the problem with it, just because some people don't think it's normal in their eyes it doesn't make it wrong. It just means that me and him can go around pointing out hot guys together lol and we can cuddle and kiss and its not weird, or wait is that weird? :S lol oh well i dont think it is.

i was watching those really hyped up God people that go to protests and wear tops saying 'God hates fags' on Jeremy Kyle (woo) this morning and they just don't listen to other people's opinions. Fair enough that they believe in something but they could at least have the decency to listen to somebody else even if they don't agree, they're just so ignorant, all they do is shout verses from the bible at people who don't believe what they do.

i think homosexuality is so much more accepted these days than it used to be. I mean i remember when my sister told me one of her friends was gay and i was like 11, i was shocked, not because didn't agree but just because it was kind of new to me and i'd never really nearly directly known anybody who was gay, but now i go to a college where there's tonnes of gay and bi people.

i have no problem with it whatsoever personally.

rant done Smile
Sandwich-Masta
Geek
Sandwich-Masta
June 6th, 2007 at 07:57pm
Okay, I'm getting seriously tired of everyone talking about how Christians are "homophobic". It says right there in the Bible that homosexuality is wrong, if you don't believe me read Leviticus. It's there. Furthermore, there's a difference between hating gay people and knowing homosexuality is wrong because it's in your religion. Tormenting gay people, picking on them, making their lives miserable, shutting them out--THAT'S homophobia, people. I do believe that it's possible for a gay person to change, as do most Christians, and it's not the PEOPLE who are "wrong", it's homosexuality. If a church says that gay people are "evil" and close their doors to them and refuse to accept them, I do agree that's fucked up, and shouldn't be done, but I'd just like you to know that not all churches are like that.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 6th, 2007 at 11:28pm
Sandwich-Masta:
Okay, I'm getting seriously tired of everyone talking about how Christians are "homophobic". It says right there in the Bible that homosexuality is wrong, if you don't believe me read Leviticus. It's there. Furthermore, there's a difference between hating gay people and knowing homosexuality is wrong because it's in your religion. Tormenting gay people, picking on them, making their lives miserable, shutting them out--THAT'S homophobia, people. I do believe that it's possible for a gay person to change, as do most Christians, and it's not the PEOPLE who are "wrong", it's homosexuality. If a church says that gay people are "evil" and close their doors to them and refuse to accept them, I do agree that's fucked up, and shouldn't be done, but I'd just like you to know that not all churches are like that.
See, I don't get why that particular part of the bible is taken so seriously. In other places with questionable content, the remarks often given are something like "Well, God didn't actually write the bible, man did, so its flawed." How can you be so sure that god actually believes homosexuality is wrong? It could just be another one of those man-made flaws.
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
June 15th, 2007 at 07:34pm
I have nothing against people who aren't straight.
That's their decision.

I met my best friend's uncle before.
And I thought he was awesome.
Then my best friend told me he was gay.
So gay people aren't bad at all, in my opinion.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
June 15th, 2007 at 08:22pm
Sandwich-Masta:

If being gay is wrong because of Leviticus then you shouldn't go around anyone when you're on your period. You should sacrifice animals when you sin. If you get raped then you should be stoned to death.

If you're rolling your eyes now then you're proving my point.
It is hatred toward homosexuality if you're overlooking everything else to find those seven verses in the Bible that support your point.
define_normal
Banned
define_normal

Blog
June 17th, 2007 at 04:19pm
druscilla; in rags:
Sandwich-Masta:

If being gay is wrong because of Leviticus then you shouldn't go around anyone when you're on your period. You should sacrifice animals when you sin. If you get raped then you should be stoned to death.

If you're rolling your eyes now then you're proving my point.
It is hatred toward homosexuality if you're overlooking everything else to find those seven verses in the Bible that support your point.

EXCUSE ME, BUT YOU SHOULD SHUT YOUR MOUTH BECAUSE YOU ARE EXTREMELY IGNORANT!!!!!

There is a difference between the Jewish law and what modern Christians have to do. A lot of that is Jewish tradition that dosen't need to be followed today. Everything in nature points that God made a man to be with a woman. Even though I know being gay is wrong, I'm not going to go point fingers because I do wrong stuff too. Man is fallen. I'm fallen and so are you. Maybe I'm not gay, but I do stuff that's just as wrong. I'm not going to point fingers at other people unless their sins are hurting others. Their are some extremely nice lesbians, I know. I would hate it if anyone hurt them. Just because I don't think homosexuality is right dosen't mean I'm homophobic. Don't tell I'm not open-minded because if can't accept me you're not open-minded either.
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
June 17th, 2007 at 04:30pm
I'm not sure if this has been covered yet, it probably has, but still:

It irritates me when people are all "Homosexuality is wrong because it's not natural" but lots of people do unnatural things all the time.
Register