Sexuality

AuthorMessage
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
August 14th, 2007 at 08:54pm
You asked for my opinion at the start so here it is...

PLEASE DON'T BITE MY HEAD OFF!

...I don't agree with it...I really don't...I don't really know why...Just seems wrong in my mind, I find it repulsive but at the same time they're display their love againest all odds...Iam not one of those homophobes who will shout abuse at 'gays' in the street...I have brains...
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 14th, 2007 at 11:20pm
robotchicken.:
Bloodraine:
define_normal:
We live in the era of the New Covenant. After Jesus died, some things changed. And if you look at homosexuality in the Bible, it is mentioned as being wrong both before and after Christ's death.

I'm sorry, what?

How come we can eat shrimp and pork now but homosexuals still can't have sex?
I mean I really dont get that. In Leviticus it says you can't eat shrimp or any bottom dweller [me thinks] or piggies cause they're dirty [not really] and a man can't have sex with a man but then the New Covenant says we can eat shrimp and pork but still no man on man sex? Is that right....? IS IT CAUSE THEY CAN"T CONCIEVE? :O
From my various debates with religious people, I've gathered that the reason they don't think homosexuals should get married and have sex is because no children will come of it. Essentially, their holy texts portray sex and whatnot as an act to produce offspring, and since no offspring can be produced from two men or two women...

I don't agree, but that's where they're coming from.
Mikelvr
Mikelvr
August 14th, 2007 at 11:26pm
Well, to agree with the upper ^ I think that is the reason. No offspring. As the Bible or whatver else says, sexuality is not supposed to be fun, to create joy, or make you happy at all. It's supposed to be a mere act of reproduction. They don't want people to abort either. All the same.
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
August 15th, 2007 at 01:32am
When I read this I was totally horrified by the fact that politicians are still able to get away with this sort of thing.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
August 15th, 2007 at 02:23am
Check this out.

I don't agree with it..
What do you think?
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
August 15th, 2007 at 11:43am
religion pisses me off. there is absolutely no proof of it being real at all.
yet people live by its standards and believe every fucking thing some holy book or a church says.
the church is very contradicting, doenst is say something about respecting eachother? and yet they spread hate because some people are different?
people don't choose to be homosexual they just are
either live with it or fuck off. I have no problem with it at all.

Now dont go hating me and all cause I think religion stinks
I have no problem with people believing at all, I just have problems with people hating because of it.
Judge people by who they are, not their sexuality
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 15th, 2007 at 04:05pm
Luna Lovegood:
When I read this I was totally horrified by the fact that politicians are still able to get away with this sort of thing.
People like him give conservatists a bad name. Grmml
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
August 15th, 2007 at 04:36pm
robotchicken.:
Bloodraine:
define_normal:
We live in the era of the New Covenant. After Jesus died, some things changed. And if you look at homosexuality in the Bible, it is mentioned as being wrong both before and after Christ's death.

I'm sorry, what?

How come we can eat shrimp and pork now but homosexuals still can't have sex?
I mean I really dont get that. In Leviticus it says you can't eat shrimp or any bottom dweller [me thinks] or piggies cause they're dirty [not really] and a man can't have sex with a man but then the New Covenant says we can eat shrimp and pork but still no man on man sex? Is that right....? IS IT CAUSE THEY CAN"T CONCIEVE? :O

Why are you asking me? Coolio

Dude, the answer is obvious. People have double standards.
Then again, there would be those that argue that shrimp are less important than sex, but I never did understand these modern day hedonists. jk jk
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 15th, 2007 at 08:37pm
Luna Lovegood:
God, when I read the words "ethnic cleansing" I almost started hyperventilating.

That's horrible. He should be removed from office immediately.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 15th, 2007 at 08:41pm
VoicesOfViolence:
religion pisses me off. there is absolutely no proof of it being real at all.
yet people live by its standards and believe every fucking thing some holy book or a church says.
the church is very contradicting, doenst is say something about respecting eachother? and yet they spread hate because some people are different?
people don't choose to be homosexual they just are
either live with it or fuck off. I have no problem with it at all.

Now dont go hating me and all cause I think religion stinks
I have no problem with people believing at all, I just have problems with people hating because of it.
Judge people by who they are, not their sexuality
Now, I'm frustrated by the church's attitude towards gay marriage, but it does not spread hate. I've read many religious textbooks that say homosexuals should be respected. Yes, the church calls them to a life of chastity, but that's in accordance with it's expectations of everyone else. If you can't get married, you can't have sex. Yes, it's unfair to gay people, but it's also unfair to the devote catholics who never marry. My cousin is very religious, and unmarried, and I know for a fact that she has never once engaged in sexual activity.

Hate is not spread by the church, but by narrowminded individuals who twist the words of the church to justify their bigotry.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 15th, 2007 at 08:43pm
songbird.:
Check this out.

I don't agree with it..
What do you think?
I think this might belong in this thread.
http://www.geekstinkbreath.net/board/topic/51869/
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
August 16th, 2007 at 12:14am
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Luna Lovegood:
God, when I read the words "ethnic cleansing" I almost started hyperventilating.

That's horrible. He should be removed from office immediately.
But that's the thing. He might not be. Politicians consistently get away with this kind of thing. Ian Paisley's son, who is a junior minister got away with calling homosexuals "sick" and "disgusting".
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
August 16th, 2007 at 02:18am
Does the Bible really not specifically say you can't have sex before marriage? o_o
Cause ive read something [ok I haven't read great amounts of The Bible but I have read a couple of pages out some of the books] that says something keep yourself out of the fornication or impurity or something [<--not a BIG quoter] And in Leviticus[ seems i read that one alot] That it doesnt say anything about not having sex before marriage and that book is filled with Old Testament laws. The only people who have to marry a virgin are priests :/ Does the Bible condemn masturbation too? XD
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
August 16th, 2007 at 03:23pm
robotchicken.:
Does the Bible really not specifically say you can't have sex before marriage? o_o
Cause ive read something [ok I haven't read great amounts of The Bible but I have read a couple of pages out some of the books] that says something keep yourself out of the fornication or impurity or something [<--not a BIG quoter] And in Leviticus[ seems i read that one alot] That it doesnt say anything about not having sex before marriage and that book is filled with Old Testament laws. The only people who have to marry a virgin are priests :/ Does the Bible condemn masturbation too? XD
Well, when Mary was pregnant she was pretty much outcast (or disapproved of), but I think that was because she was already trothed to another man and they figured she'd cheated on him.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 17th, 2007 at 06:43pm
robotchicken.:
From what I know, all sorts of sexual activity are supposed to be put on hold for marriage. Masturbation is a no-no too, or at leasta, that's what the priest who taught at Sunday School told us.
Komischer
Jackass
Komischer
August 17th, 2007 at 07:40pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
robotchicken.:
From what I know, all sorts of sexual activity are supposed to be put on hold for marriage. Masturbation is a no-no too, or at leasta, that's what the priest who taught at Sunday School told us.

I was reading a christian mag someone gave my mom to give to me and it said that even thinking sexual THOUGHTS is supposed to be as bad as DOING it. I personaly think that's a bit far, but that's my own personal opinion.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 20th, 2007 at 07:34pm
Komischer:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
robotchicken.:

I was reading a christian mag someone gave my mom to give to me and it said that even thinking sexual THOUGHTS is supposed to be as bad as DOING it. I personaly think that's a bit far, but that's my own personal opinion.
Dno

All I'm saying is that's why the church takes the stand it does on homosexuality, calling them to a life of chastity. It believes all sorts of sexual stuff should be saved for marriage, and since they define marriage as between man and woman, two men or two women could never be married, so they're sinning.

I don't agree, and I've met a fair amount of priests and religious people who disagree as well, but that's what their religion states.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
August 22nd, 2007 at 02:31am
Komischer:

Well I think the writers of the magazine should maybe pull their heads out of their own arses and google 'testosterone' or maybe 'estrogen'.
After all, it is God's work, isn't it?

No offense. I'm not Christian, but simply found the topic of though censorship interesting.
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
August 23rd, 2007 at 03:16pm
Komischer:

OMG....I'm Christian and I think that the writers was....well..stupid. When u are teenager u're interested in sexual things and it's not your fault. Your body is changing and it's normal.
I'd ask the writers , do they never have sexual thoughts?Especially when they was younger.
erikagreenday3
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
erikagreenday3
August 24th, 2007 at 06:06pm
i know some people that are gay there could be some very powerful pople that are gay so I say " Go ahead and be gay I don't care I would support you either way" and there are so well know people too with tv shows like Ellen Degenerus. I only know that cause I heard it from someone and she says that when I watch her show with my mom and she is very talented comedian and a great host she hosted the grammys or emmy's or something like that .
Register