Which countries do you think have the worst leaders?

AuthorMessage
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 13th, 2008 at 09:01am
I'm afraid I'm a Brit who is not a huge fan of our government, to be honest. It could be much worse, but being the oldest democracy, should it not be the very best then? I guess experience doesn't always bring wisdom.
Rocker Chic
King For A Couple Of Days
Rocker Chic

Blog
March 13th, 2008 at 11:12am
Um, America has the worst leader.

I can't remember, it's either Norway or Sweden - but they're a neutral country, meaning they don't get involved with any other country's wars and problems. I think they have the right idea.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 13th, 2008 at 02:27pm
Poette:
Um, America has the worst leader.
Just out of curiosity, who do you consider to be the "leader" of America?
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
March 13th, 2008 at 04:20pm
The President.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 13th, 2008 at 05:21pm
Poette:
The President.
Why? File
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
March 13th, 2008 at 08:52pm
Him...
He's Luiz Inácio da Silva, a.k.a Lula.
Was elected President of Brazil in 2002 promising he would take the country from the pitiful state he was after the errors of his preceeding, Fernando Henrique Cardoso.
He failed miserabily. Actually, never in Brazil's story there was so much political corruption (i.e. stealing the heavy tax money that could be used to develop the lesser skills of the nation for self-profit) and little was done in benefit of the people, who suffers in its greatest part with estate problems, high taxes, lack of health and employement services and others. And he called himself the "People's Candidate" when he was running the government.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
March 14th, 2008 at 02:38am
I'm gonna have to say India. Because there's politicians here with ideals and morals and are willing to fix the mess that this country's gotten into but there's just so many more corrupt people who could care less. They out number the good people. They care about getting rich and getting perks. they give long speeches about the horrors of child labor while a five year old washes their dishes.

The cheif minister (equivalent of a governer in america) of my state killed people. He's removed them from their homes and permanently silenced them for property and granite mines. Recently, a certain newspaper exposed all of his crimes. The owner of this newspaper also has a film studio/theme park and a chit fund company. Its like a bank for people who aren't so well off. The company is called Margdarsi. And more people use it than they use banks. Its established, reliable, and affordable to the common people. The Cheif Minister, YS Raj Shekar Reddy, decided that his political image was more important than people. He came up with false evidence to prove that Margdarsi was cheating people. Margdarsi closed a few days ago and returned its depositers' money. With interest.

People like that shouldn't be in politics. People like that shouldn't exist.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 15th, 2008 at 03:30pm
Anji:
I'm afraid I'm a Brit who is not a huge fan of our government, to be honest. It could be much worse, but being the oldest democracy, should it not be the very best then? I guess experience doesn't always bring wisdom.

The problem with it being the oldest means that it is also pretty impervious to change and reform.

Out of interest, why aren't you a huge fan?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 15th, 2008 at 04:22pm
I just don't like how they are currently handling things and how Gordon Brown came to power as well. I think Britain's government is quite isolated from it's people. Public relations and foreign affairs seem quite rusty to me. It is better now than before, however. I'm a huge critic of Thatcher as my father was.

I think the good thing about the government of Canada, Vietnam, Laos, Denmark, and a few other countries is that the government really reflects the public and what the majority want. That's a huge part in having a decent government and keeping the population happy.
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
March 15th, 2008 at 07:15pm
Kurtni:
Poette:
The President.
Why? File

Why do I consider the President the leader of the US? Um, because that's what a president does - leads the country. Not saying he does it well, but he is the leader.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 15th, 2008 at 10:48pm
Poette:
Kurtni:
Poette:
The President.
Why? File

Why do I consider the President the leader of the US? Um, because that's what a president does - leads the country. Not saying he does it well, but he is the leader.
The president leads the executive branch, not the country. File
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 16th, 2008 at 12:05pm
Anji:
I just don't like how they are currently handling things and how Gordon Brown came to power as well. I think Britain's government is quite isolated from it's people. Public relations and foreign affairs seem quite rusty to me. It is better now than before, however. I'm a huge critic of Thatcher as my father was.

I think the good thing about the government of Canada, Vietnam, Laos, Denmark, and a few other countries is that the government really reflects the public and what the majority want. That's a huge part in having a decent government and keeping the population happy.

Really?
'Cause I like it a lot better now Blair has gone. I think history will remember him more fondly, but right now I think we're a lot better off without him. :/

Brown definitely doesn't have the same communication skills and media presence, which count for a lot being Prime Minister. But ultimately, what was wrong with both Blair and Thatcher is that they were too domineering and acted more like presidents than Prime Ministers. So in terms of being actual leaders, I suppose they were very good, but it isn't the Prime Minister's job to lead the country as such.

Still, I wouldn't really say that either Maggie or Blair were the world's worst leaders.
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
March 16th, 2008 at 04:23pm
Kurtni:
Poette:
Kurtni:
Poette:
The President.
Why? File

The president leads the executive branch, not the country. File

Who would you consider the leader of the country, then?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 16th, 2008 at 04:58pm
Poette:

The people who elect are representatives, meaning citizens.

And in that respect, I would say America does have one of the worst leaders in the world Mr. Green They're absent minded, careless and too lazy to make informed choices. The worst qualities a leader can have. I think America has a fantastic system of government, but oh boy do we know how to screw everything up be electing idiots.
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
March 16th, 2008 at 10:17pm
I'll go with North Korea because Kim Jong -IL does awful things to the people that live there. It seems he's slowly destroying that half of the country beause he refuses to have much contact with the outside world.
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
March 16th, 2008 at 10:28pm
Kurtni:
Poette:

The people who elect are representatives, meaning citizens.

And in that respect, I would say America does have one of the worst leaders in the world Mr. Green They're absent minded, careless and too lazy to make informed choices. The worst qualities a leader can have. I think America has a fantastic system of government, but oh boy do we know how to screw everything up be electing idiots.

I agree.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
March 17th, 2008 at 01:53pm
ignorance is bliss.:
I'll go with North Korea because Kim Jong -IL does awful things to the people that live there. It seems he's slowly destroying that half of the country beause he refuses to have much contact with the outside world.

Er...not really. I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but we have a bunch of students in our school from North Korea. And most of them are my friends (and they have awesome pictures of cute Korean singers!!). I've asked them about this stuff. They're pretty happy with their country. There's not a lot of economic gap. Most people are literate, most people have homes. The only major problem for them is English. And I don't think it's that major.
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
March 17th, 2008 at 07:50pm
lyrical_mess:

Er...not really. I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but we have a bunch of students in our school from North Korea. And most of them are my friends (and they have awesome pictures of cute Korean singers!!). I've asked them about this stuff. They're pretty happy with their country. There's not a lot of economic gap. Most people are literate, most people have homes. The only major problem for them is English. And I don't think it's that major.
uh I'm not thinking they're from NORTH Korea. They can't be. North Koreans are living in the most isolated country in the world. I think it's possible that they ran away to here, but from what I've read, which is a reliable source, North Koreans think we eat babies and are crazy.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
March 18th, 2008 at 09:51am
Who would run away to Hyderabad? And anyway, refugees don't generally send their children to expensive private school to study an international syllabus.

And once again, not to sound rude, but I think actual people from North Korea are a more reliable source than what you've read. What did you read anyway?
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
March 18th, 2008 at 01:30pm
lyrical_mess:
Who would run away to Hyderabad? And anyway, refugees don't generally send their children to expensive private school to study an international syllabus.

And once again, not to sound rude, but I think actual people from North Korea are a more reliable source than what you've read. What did you read anyway?
it was an article from a magazine and it the world's worst dictators and Kim Jong-il was number one, and it talked about all the things that go on in North Korea. Plus I talked to my dad and history teacher about it, so I'm pretty sure that it is a tad off over there.
Register