Which countries do you think have the worst leaders?

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 6th, 2006 at 03:13pm
Don't worry...in ten years time the rest of the world will have caught up and everyone will look back and agree with you.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 6th, 2006 at 05:09pm
spill_no_sick:
about George Bush: he's a good president
I admit that he is bad with America's money (with the American people in mind, he's helping out a bunch of other countries with it, which is what Jimmy Carter did) but that's the only critisism I can find about him

I'm not going to repeat myself over and over about the war because no one listens, but he is a good president, but no one likes a president while they're in office

Yeah, that and the entire governments late response to Hurricane Katrina, and his stupid tax cuts in all the wrong places. One thing he did I was really fond of was the No Child Left Behind act, that was a really good program and its still working very well. Congress needs to suck it up and accept the fact that oil dependency is an issue and actually listen to some of his plans about that.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 7th, 2006 at 12:29am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Coff:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
what freaks me out is this, the americans go on and on about george bush but didnt they vote him in for a second term? Make your minds up how you want it bush or no bush.

The way the electoral college is set up, the popular vote doesnt always win, its weird, I know, but it is fair.

Then how do they win? And how is it fair is the popular vote doesn't win?

Ok, each state has a certain number of members in the electoral college, equal to their number of senators and Represenatives. Now, the population of the United States is not equally divided, so most of it is on the coasts, where all the bigger cities, there are cities sprinkled throughout the midwest that are fairly big, but the coasts hold the majority of the voting population. So, if we voted by majority rule, the Coasts would always win, always, and their needs would be met and it would result in the rest of the country not having a say, and getting neglected. So the electoral college is set up like that for a reason, its fair, but the majority doesnt always win, its the majority of electoral votes, not necisarrily the citizens themselves.

I hope I explained it well, and didnt just confuse you

Ok, I sort of got that, is it like in Australia? Where they have a representative for each party in each area, and you vote for which representative you want to get into parliment, and the party with the most representatives becomes the ruling party.

I think that John Howard does some stupid stuff and I would never vote for him (Greens all the way for me) but he does look after our economy pretty well, as he used to be treasurer before becoming prime minister.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 7th, 2006 at 08:27am
Coff:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Coff:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
what freaks me out is this, the americans go on and on about george bush but didnt they vote him in for a second term? Make your minds up how you want it bush or no bush.

The way the electoral college is set up, the popular vote doesnt always win, its weird, I know, but it is fair.

Then how do they win? And how is it fair is the popular vote doesn't win?

Ok, each state has a certain number of members in the electoral college, equal to their number of senators and Represenatives. Now, the population of the United States is not equally divided, so most of it is on the coasts, where all the bigger cities, there are cities sprinkled throughout the midwest that are fairly big, but the coasts hold the majority of the voting population. So, if we voted by majority rule, the Coasts would always win, always, and their needs would be met and it would result in the rest of the country not having a say, and getting neglected. So the electoral college is set up like that for a reason, its fair, but the majority doesnt always win, its the majority of electoral votes, not necisarrily the citizens themselves.

I hope I explained it well, and didnt just confuse you

Ok, I sort of got that, is it like in Australia? Where they have a representative for each party in each area, and you vote for which representative you want to get into parliment, and the party with the most representatives becomes the ruling party.

I think that John Howard does some stupid stuff and I would never vote for him (Greens all the way for me) but he does look after our economy pretty well, as he used to be treasurer before becoming prime minister.

Yeah, Its sorta like that, just different Cool
catastrophic_mind
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
catastrophic_mind
March 14th, 2006 at 03:46pm
corrupt... if someone can talk about that it's me... alll politician in argentina are fuckin' corrupts
Werepuppy
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Werepuppy
March 15th, 2006 at 02:36pm
all politicians are dishonest and most are likely to be corrupt and have secrets that they don't want the general public to find over. go to say though, some of the most corrupt politicians are in africia.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
March 31st, 2006 at 02:44pm
About the Electoral College.

WORST election system...EVER.

It was thought up by rich Southern guys so that they could count in their slaves as part of the voting...even though they couldn't vote. Every slave counted as 3/5 of a person. This added to the population of the South enough for the rich landowners to control the elections.

Why we go by this convoluted, outtdated, unfair system I cannot fathom.
Dead End Girl
Addict
Dead End Girl
March 31st, 2006 at 02:47pm
North Korea?
They have a power crazed dictator with nuclear weapons.
And it's a communist country.

Why do I dislike communism?
The idea is fine.
Everyone is equal.
But the way people have used it, instead of making everyone rich, it makes everyone equally poor.

So...yeah.

Be glad our leader is just stupid.
He could be crazy AND stupid.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 31st, 2006 at 02:49pm
Worse Than Sad:
So...yeah.

Assuming you are talking about Bush. I'm sorry but George bush is smarter than you (and I) will ever be.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
March 31st, 2006 at 03:56pm
Werepuppy:
all politicians are dishonest

Eh
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
March 31st, 2006 at 06:04pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Werepuppy:
all politicians are dishonest

Eh
And generalizations are always false.
xBasketcasex
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xBasketcasex
March 31st, 2006 at 10:10pm
Middle Eastern countries have the worst
Dead End Girl
Addict
Dead End Girl
March 31st, 2006 at 11:01pm
Bloodraine:
Worse Than Sad:
So...yeah.

Assuming you are talking about Bush. I'm sorry but George bush is smarter than you (and I) will ever be.

There is a difference between being smart and having knowledge.
Being smart would be what GW is.
He's been to great schools.
And his father was president.

What he's done hasn't been very knowledgeable.
But that's just me.

So...cha'
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
April 1st, 2006 at 05:52pm
Abby Zero:
Bloodraine:
Worse Than Sad:
So...yeah.

There is a difference between being smart and having knowledge.
Being smart would be what GW is.
He's been to great schools.
And his father was president.

What he's done hasn't been very knowledgeable.
But that's just me.

So...cha'
Good and good!

"You went to the finest schools, all right Miss Lovely/But you know you only used to get jucied in it..."

Bush has book smarts at most. He's got no practical knowledge that benefits America. And if he does, he's sure hiding it somewhere safe. Probably in an undisclosed location with Uncle Dick.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
April 1st, 2006 at 05:58pm
Bloodraine:
Worse Than Sad:
So...yeah.

How do you know that?
Togepi.
King For A Couple Of Days
Togepi.
April 1st, 2006 at 06:07pm
Bloodraine:
Worse Than Sad:
So...yeah.

I doubt that.
And anyway, being smart isn't everything. George Bush may be smart but he has very little common sense which I think is vital when you are a figure of authority.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 2nd, 2006 at 05:26am
Project Mayhem.:
Bloodraine:
Worse Than Sad:
So...yeah.

I doubt that.
And anyway, being smart isn't everything. George Bush may be smart but he has very little common sense which I think is vital when you are a figure of authority.

Aside from the 'I doubt that' (I'd like to see any of us have the intellectual intelligence he has- it just isn't going to happen), I think you're got it in one. It isn't just intelligence you need (which he has), but you need to be able to apply it.

So is Bush stupid? not by a long way.
Does he use his intelligence wisely? that is more than questionable.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 2nd, 2006 at 05:27am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
How do you know that?

A little bird told me he went to Yale and got better grades than Kerry. Now, I don't know if that means anything to you, but It says something to me.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
April 2nd, 2006 at 05:39am
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
How do you know that?

A little bird told me he went to Yale and got better grades than Kerry. Now, I don't know if that means anything to you, but It says something to me.

True, but I read somewhere that Yale is the 11th best University in the World and Oxford is the 8th.
What happens if you end up going Oxford and getting a top first class degree?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 2nd, 2006 at 05:44am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Bloodraine:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
How do you know that?

True, but I read somewhere that Yale is the 11th best University in the World and Oxford is the 8th.
What happens if you end up going Oxford and getting a top first class degree?

Then you can come back in ten years time and hit me with a very big piece of bamboo and tell me I was wrong.
Register