AuthorMessage
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
King For A Couple Of Days
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
January 28th, 2006 at 05:59pm
Basket*Case:
Bloodraine:
Basket*Case:
Everyone can, but why come in to one that you might get offended over?

She shouldn't be offened by anything on GSB.

It's against the rules.
";_;

You have NO idea how much you have just hurt me."

That's her comment. It seems like she's offended.
who said I wasn't offended?
Mikelvr
Mikelvr
January 28th, 2006 at 06:07pm
[*]geekstinkbreath.net.org.asm[*]

lmfao
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
January 28th, 2006 at 06:09pm
MikeLvr:
1.] How can you trust the bible if it's written by man who are sinners?
My question : How can you trust the bible when preists an popes are sinners?
2.] Christians are told they have free will. 'Do what I say or die and burn in hell.' That doesn't sound like free will to me.
My question : God forgives everything. So why would we ever burn or got to hell?
3.] If Christians are supposed to love eachother as thy selves or whatever. How come they always discriminate other religions and homosexuals? That's not very loving.
My question : Is exactly the same Razz!

And I understand the thing you say about your friend dragging you to church.
Mine doesn't do that, but she beleives. So she's afraid for me. But I don't know how to explain that I don't really believe in God as the bible describes him. I believe in a certain force, but not one that will punish me.

1) The Bible is said to be written under divine inspiration. While imperfect, it's close enough in the same way that exponential decay gets close enough. Furthermore, the true value of the Bible is not its truth value. It's the good that it does for people, the way it inspires them to be better, to do good things. It creates social order.
2) Free will. We have it. We choose to be good or bad. We choose (Christians choose) knowing the consequence. I, for one, could hardly call an action free will if it was uneducated in the realm of consequence. God forgives those who ask it of him. Those who have faith and ask forgiveness will go to heaven. If you don't have those, then there is absolutely no reason to question the religion further.
3) Christians are not closer to perfect than anyone else. No one is entirely without bias. It's not as if one person's hypocracy throws out the value of an entire religion. Don't try to make it that way.
Mikelvr
Mikelvr
January 28th, 2006 at 06:12pm
paradoxical:
MikeLvr:
2.] Christians are told they have free will. 'Do what I say or die and burn in hell.' That doesn't sound like free will to me.
My question : God forgives everything. So why would we ever burn or got to hell?
3.] If Christians are supposed to love eachother as thy selves or whatever. How come they always discriminate other religions and homosexuals? That's not very loving.

Mine doesn't do that, but she beleives. So she's afraid for me. But I don't know how to explain that I don't really believe in God as the bible describes him. I believe in a certain force, but not one that will punish me.

1) The Bible is said to be written under divine inspiration. While imperfect, it's close enough in the same way that exponential decay gets close enough. Furthermore, the true value of the Bible is not its truth value. It's the good that it does for people, the way it inspires them to be better, to do good things. It creates social order.
2) Free will. We have it. We choose to be good or bad. We choose (Christians choose) knowing the consequence. I, for one, could hardly call an action free will if it was uneducated in the realm of consequence. God forgives those who ask it of him. Those who have faith and ask forgiveness will go to heaven. If you don't have those, then there is absolutely no reason to question the religion further.
3) Christians are not closer to perfect than anyone else. No one is entirely without bias. It's not as if one person's hypocracy throws out the value of an entire religion. Don't try to make it that way.

-I personnaly don't get the 'social order'. Lots of people don't believe.
-Christians choose knowing the consequences? Lots of people who aren't christians also choose knowing the consequences.
-But I agree the 3rd point. I didn't mean it.
Baguelle
Baguelle
January 28th, 2006 at 06:44pm
Well, if you aren't offended, Buttermilk Rusk, then what's wrong?
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
January 28th, 2006 at 06:46pm
Basket*Case:
Well, if you aren't offended, Buttermilk Rusk, then what's wrong?
You need to get this:

I am offended.

That's what I'm trying to say.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 28th, 2006 at 06:47pm
Let's just..ignore what Tommy said shall we? Fuck him Cool
Baguelle
Baguelle
January 28th, 2006 at 06:58pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
lmfao
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 28th, 2006 at 06:59pm
Basket*Case:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
lmfao

Not literally fuck him of course...lmfao

But yeah...just forget his comment..it's not worth it.
Kitti
Kitti
January 28th, 2006 at 09:31pm
MikeLvr:
paradoxical:
MikeLvr:

-I personnaly don't get the 'social order'. Lots of people don't believe.
-Christians choose knowing the consequences? Lots of people who aren't christians also choose knowing the consequences.
-But I agree the 3rd point. I didn't mean it.

Is it fair to be told you have free will, but not what the consequences of a certain action are? The Hell thing is both a motivation to do good rather than bad evil things that would make the world much LIKE Hell and the (albeit metaphoric) consequence for choosing a path that would perhaps promote such a place here and now.
"Social order" as a facsimile here. I realize the whole world does not practice Christianity, it is a fact that I personally could not miss. Christian ideals keep Christians in line by their own choice. I would not have you take my meaning there as Christianity being a social order, but more so that it promotes order in an individual, interpersonal level.
Ilse
Ilse
January 28th, 2006 at 09:37pm
It's not that I don't believe it's that I don't think it's 100% correct.

I mean, how do we know for SURE that what's in the Bible is what God actually wanted? Someone could have flubbed a line or two...or who knows? Hundreds of pages.
heyyitsmichelle
Geek
heyyitsmichelle
January 29th, 2006 at 06:30pm
I believe in God but I have lots of questions too. I really wonder what happens after death. I don't want to die and just be there you know? I do want to believe there is something else but I'm afraid there isn't.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 29th, 2006 at 06:34pm
RockNRollHighSchool yo:
I believe in God but I have lots of questions too. I really wonder what happens after death. I don't want to die and just be there you know? I do want to believe there is something else but I'm afraid there isn't.
Spider-Man knows what happens after death...he said so in this month's issue of "Marvel Knights Spider-Man"! So just ask him!

...I do love comics.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
January 30th, 2006 at 01:37pm
dirtyhippie:
RockNRollHighSchool yo:
Spider-Man knows what happens after death...he said so in this month's issue of "Marvel Knights Spider-Man"! So just ask him!

...I do love comics.
-.-
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
February 4th, 2006 at 02:56am
At youth yesterday, told we were about to make the biggest decision of our lives.

We had to think, and answer the question "Do you think you're going to heaven?" honestly.

If you got hit by a bus in the next twenty seconds, do you think you would go to heaven or hell? Even if your don't believe in religion, just think about it for a while.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 4th, 2006 at 09:07am
Quite a good question. If I was to die right after i'd finished typing this...and I believed in the whole heaven/hell theology, I'd say I'd go to heaven.

Not to sound boastful, but I've never done anything majorly 'sinful'. I've not often broken the ten commandments, broken the law only once in my life (A very minor law at that) and I feel that my life has been pretty decent thus far.

Although I do not believe in God, I've always said that if there is evidence out there to prove me wrong I will willingly back down. In any case; if heaven exists, I believe everyone will go there. There is no such thing as hell. Hell exists only to insill fear in people, to give them reasons not to sin. I believe that should the Christian God exist, he is truly a forgiving God, who would accept us and our faults.
SARAnade
SARAnade
February 4th, 2006 at 09:16am
Sheepo@_@:

I dont know about people who dont believe and go to Hell.
But then again...if you were a nice person all your life you just denied God do you still go to Hell?
Nothing is for certain. And I thik this should go under Religion and Violence or Prejudice towards Christians.

your destiny whether you go to heaven or hell is predetermined, your life on earth does not decide where you end up. before you were born, before your parents were born, God knew where you'll end up. think of it this way: God has a book that has all of the names of the people who are saved(going to heaven), he wont just erase your name and put you in "people who go to hell book" . as long as you live a blamelss life and try and do all good, through the work of the holy spirit that only proves that you are in that "book"...if you live a life of sin and hate..it may not be so obvious where you'll end up. NO ONE knows who ends up where, only God, but one must not think that good deeds will bring them to heavens door. this is what i beleive...and what i have been taught...i dont really care if you disagree
happy_pilled_solly
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
happy_pilled_solly
February 4th, 2006 at 02:31pm
i believe that there is a force behind creation and someone or something had to have made a detailed plan for the world and all of the natural things around us... thats my version of a god...so i guess i do believe
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
February 4th, 2006 at 02:44pm
Buttermilk Rusk:
At youth yesterday, told we were about to make the biggest decision of our lives.

We had to think, and answer the question "Do you think you're going to heaven?" honestly.

If you got hit by a bus in the next twenty seconds, do you think you would go to heaven or hell? Even if your don't believe in religion, just think about it for a while.

VERY good question.
And if I'm being honest, I'm going to hell. I'm not gonna say on a message board what I've done but..yeah. It's not good.
But then again, I'm trying to make it better now, and I'm a bit more peaceful now. I got into Wicca, and it helps, I'm nice now lol. BUT as me and Meg were saying on another thread, would God forgive me for worshipping other Gods and Goddesses instead of him, or would he send me to hell anyway for breaking his number 1 commandment.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 4th, 2006 at 02:51pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
BUT as me and Meg were saying on another thread, would God forgive me for worshipping other Gods and Goddesses instead of him, or would he send me to hell anyway for breaking his number 1 commandment.

Just to add to that particular point...Jesus himself once said; "In my father's house; there are many rooms" (John, 14:2). This has been interpreted as meaning that there is room in heaven for a variety of religions.

I don't think you'd go to hell at all, Alex. You may have done wrong in the past, but you have a good heart and that's what really counts.
Register