Why Don't You Believe?

AuthorMessage
JESSY NIGHTMARE
Idiot
JESSY NIGHTMARE
January 8th, 2006 at 10:51pm
If this is a double. Lock it. If it's in the wrong section. Move it.

Okay My question is 'Why Don't You Believe In God?'

My reason is for asking is. I don't. But my friend drags me to church or youth group every so often. Everyone there thinks I do believe in God. Tonight she dragged me there for the first time in 5 months. The youth pastor was talking about future youth nights and what we would discuss. One topic caught my attention. We're gonna talk about doubts & creationism vs. evolution. They're gonna give us a piece of paper and we can ask whatever and they should be able to come up with an answer supporting Christianity. But I wanna give them a question that they can't answer. So that's where I want yall to help me. I only have a few questions I can think of. And anymore would be helpful so yeah, Type away.

My Questions/Statements.
1.] How can you trust the bible if it's written by man who are sinners?
2.] Christians are told they have free will. 'Do what I say or die and burn in hell.' That doesn't sound like free will to me.
3.] If Christians are supposed to love eachother as thy selves or whatever. How come they always discriminate other religions and homosexuals? That's not very loving.

That's all I can think of.
The Duck's Nuts
Falling In Love With The Board
The Duck's Nuts
January 8th, 2006 at 10:53pm
move?
lock?
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
January 8th, 2006 at 10:53pm
I think nothing of him. Even if there is a god,
I woulden't treat him no different than a hobo. Surprised
[/Off topic answer]
Tommy
Tommy
January 8th, 2006 at 10:54pm
fuck god
fuck jesus
fuck religion
fuck bible huggers

ok,thats all
Amy.
Amy.
January 8th, 2006 at 10:58pm
Tommy:
fuck god
fuck jesus
fuck religion
fuck bible huggers

ok,thats all
I was just thinking that too Cool

not meaning to cause too much offence. I just think religion is a load of rubbish =/
The Duck's Nuts
The Duck's Nuts
January 8th, 2006 at 11:00pm
the bible contradicts itself Rolling Eyes

yeha. they make us read from the bible at shcool Mad
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
January 8th, 2006 at 11:17pm
I believe in God.
If you dont thats cool.
But your discriminating yourself Rolling Eyes
Oh! Christians do this and do that, they discriminate against other people. Not just Christians do that.
The reason your friend drags you to church and shoves her religion down your throat is cause they wanna help its what they're told makes a good christian.
If a person you love goes to Hell and you knew you could change that it makes you feel guilty.
You dont believe in God, but what if God was real? And when you die you face him? what are you going to say? I know that if he isnt real it wont be any skin off my back. Cause i'll be dead.
I dont know about people who dont believe and go to Hell.
But then again...if you were a nice person all your life you just denied God do you still go to Hell?
Nothing is for certain. And I thik this should go under Religion and Violence or Prejudice towards Christians.
Laurie*L.
Geek
Laurie*L.
January 8th, 2006 at 11:25pm
i believe in god,but i dont identify myself with any religion out there.
Tommy
Tommy
January 9th, 2006 at 12:17am
Think about it:
All the fun people are gonna be in hell

name someone who you think is fun/funny/cool and whether you really think theyre gonna go to heaven or hell

I dont want to go to heaven
plus that ship has already sailed Very Happy
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
January 9th, 2006 at 12:20am
I think we have a religion thread.

And it's just like asking, "Why don't you believe in Budda?" or 'Why don't you believe in...that Viking religion?" Because you can't believe in something if it's not what your heart wants. Or something.
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
January 9th, 2006 at 12:21am
Tommy:
Think about it:
All the fun people are gonna be in hell

name someone who you think is fun/funny/cool and whether you really think theyre gonna go to heaven or hell

I dont want to go to heaven
plus that ship has already sailed Very Happy

My priest, he's cool Cool

Ok, that was a total lame joke.
funkychicken
Geek
funkychicken
January 9th, 2006 at 02:34am
Yes. An i'm proud to say i'm a Christian too.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
January 9th, 2006 at 04:39am
how can there be a god when there are things like wars going on, murders, child moletstaion, has anybody stopped to think why people dont believe like they used to anymore?

Open a paper, watch the news and then tell me there is a god, because for me if there is then he has a very fucking wicked sense of humour.
DateLine
Idiot
DateLine
January 9th, 2006 at 06:14am
funkychicken:
Yes. An i'm proud to say i'm a Christian too.

I am proud to say I'm christian too.
I.Heart.Panic.
King For A Couple Of Days
I.Heart.Panic.
January 9th, 2006 at 09:33am
I don't believe in God, or any religion...but I don't mind people who do. It's up to you. Some people believe in him because they're scared that if they don't they have nothing to look forward to after death. Does that make sense?
Erm. I just don't believe in him. If he is our creator, who created him, and who created the creator's creator? Getting complicated?
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 9th, 2006 at 10:27am
Tommy:
fuck god
fuck jesus
fuck religion
fuck bible huggers

ok,thats all

fuck you,

If you have an important argument to make post, if not go live in a hole somewhere, that type of narrowminded thinking is not needed here.

If you have something against religion you make a critisism you don't just put 'fuck' in front of it, thats just childish.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 9th, 2006 at 10:28am
I would normally lock because it's another religion thread, but good argument openings are few and far between you've earned the right to have this thread.

But let's make this a little openminded.

If someone who disagrees with christianty or ANY religion, ask a question and give time for a relgious type to answer.

But if you start bullshitting and pissing on peoples beliefs i will tear you a new one.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 9th, 2006 at 11:22am
tre_cool_is_god:
how can there be a god when there are things like wars going on, murders, child moletstaion, has anybody stopped to think why people dont believe like they used to anymore?

Open a paper, watch the news and then tell me there is a god, because for me if there is then he has a very fucking wicked sense of humour.

Wasn't it you who posted in another thread about how you'd had an 'Experience' with God?

...Personally, I don't believe in the existance of a supreme being because there is little evidence to contradict me. Obviously if there is evidence out there then I am fully prepared to change that particular opinion.

But people who sing the 'I hate God and I hate Jesus and I hate those fucking narrow minded Christians' tune just don't know how much worse it makes them sound.

I call that narrow minded when they don't have the simple respect to understand other people's beliefs. I'm ashamed to say I went through a rather immature 'Anti-Christian' phase a while ago...I soon grew out of that because I am mature enough to accept that even if worshipping bloody Pixies makes someone happy, then who am I to argue?. I might not agree but it is giving them fulfillment...
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 9th, 2006 at 11:23am
Hmmm. Interesting topic.

I personally don't believe in the Bible. In fact, by the Bible's teachings I could be classed as a Satanist because I worship the Sun God (otherwise known as the Horned God) in all his different aspects, and the Mother Goddess in all her different aspects. Now what I personally believe is that when Christianity came along, it was the Horned God they took, and turned him into their Satan see? So I'm not Satanist at all to me, but to others I could be. Yes, the Bible was written by men who sinned..but that was the way we were created..if we wern't suppose to sin then why were we made to sin? But then again, the argument to that could be that the whole Christian faith is based around sin, and trying to overcome that sin, and asking for forgiveness right?
And anyway, the Bible was written many many many years ago. Maybe it was just a couple of guys who got pissed one night. Or then again maybe I'm talking a complete load of shite, and the Bible is true.
And yes, it is very very contradictory. Like in the Old Testament (Levitucus (sp?) seems to spring to mind) it goes on about how women are dirty until 8 days after childbirth, and 7 days after their period, and how they had to slaughter animals before they went in the Church on the 8th day each time. But is that not nature? And isn't God nature? Which therefore combines the two, yet one is seen as completly holy and the other disgusting.
One of the commandments is something like "Thou shalt have no other God before me" and to me, that seems a bit strange. But again, who I am to say what's strange and not??
Again, like the Lord said "Vengeance is mine", well vengeance isn't a particulary nice thing but still..he said it.
And human's are meant to have free will. But like you said "Do as I say or go to hell" or whatever it was again seems to contradict itself. But maybe "hell" isn't what it's made out to be? Maybe it was all interpreted wrong and hell is actually heaven, then our whole lives were a lie??

Okay..I'm not even making sense to myself anymore so..yeah.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 9th, 2006 at 11:39am
BLURofaDEADPAST:
3.] If Christians are supposed to love eachother as thy selves or whatever. How come they always discriminate other religions and homosexuals? That's not very loving.

Do not make the mistake of thinking all Christains are homophobic or intolerant idiots. That is even worse than homophobia, that is plain Ignorance.
Register