Why Don't You Believe?

AuthorMessage
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 10th, 2008 at 09:31am
NeoSteph:
lets find the middle ground hold hands and repeat what we all know.

''scienctologists are fucking nuts''

The only group of people that take both religion and science and royally deserve an ass kicking.
But scientology can be utterly positive. One of their fundamental beliefs is that what you believe is true to you, and this couldn't be more true, it's really common sense and it's good as well as interesting that they are able to accept such a broad spectrum of ideas in to a unified 'religion'.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 10th, 2008 at 02:24pm
Anji:
NeoSteph:

The only group of people that take both religion and science and royally deserve an ass kicking.
But scientology can be utterly positive. One of their fundamental beliefs is that what you believe is true to you, and this couldn't be more true, it's really common sense and it's good as well as interesting that they are able to accept such a broad spectrum of ideas in to a unified 'religion'.
lmfao leave it to Anji to find a way to glorify scientology.
Agent Zombie
Idiot
Agent Zombie

Blog
January 10th, 2008 at 02:29pm
1.] How can you trust the bible if it's written by man who are sinners?
a) good question, but think of this, the bible was re-written as the years past so the stories in the damn bible could've been stretched for all we know.

2.] Christians are told they have free will. 'Do what I say or die and burn in hell.' That doesn't sound like free will to me.
a)Yea i wonder about that too, but i alwaysget the answer to follow rules or i'll go to hell. Fuck that shit, i'm gonna be a damn tree when i die Cool

3.] If Christians are supposed to love eachother as thy selves or whatever. How come they always discriminate other religions and homosexuals? That's not very loving.
a)exactly, it doesn't make sense, if you do good and accept god into your life your supposedly sproutin wings out from your shoulder blades and your ass floats to heaven. Well what if there was a gay person who did all those things? Why the hell do they look down upon them? Because they can't get theories straight!

Lol, yea i'm not a religious person either, in fact i like to think i ain't got one. Makes me feel free. I personally think that if i don't have exact proof of some powerful being actually existing then i ain't gonna think about it the least bit. I've even cussed at "god" to see if i'd get smitten, but that doesn't work
Con I actually told those jesus freaks that tried brainwashing me when i was younger that if they loved "god" so much why don't they commit suicide and run up there to have a giant orgy with him? lol sorry but they really made me mad over the years
Micro Sheep
Falling In Love With The Board
Micro Sheep
January 10th, 2008 at 04:02pm
lexthezombieassassin:
1.] How can you trust the bible if it's written by man who are sinners?
a) good question, but think of this, the bible was re-written as the years past so the stories in the damn bible could've been stretched for all we know.

2.] Christians are told they have free will. 'Do what I say or die and burn in hell.' That doesn't sound like free will to me.
a)Yea i wonder about that too, but i alwaysget the answer to follow rules or i'll go to hell. Fuck that shit, i'm gonna be a damn tree when i die Cool

1.It is said that the Bible was written under divine inspiration(it wasn't scientifically proved I think,so I guess you would classify this as bollocks?),so it shouldn't have mistakes Coolio
2.' 'Do what I say or die and burn in hell.'
He or she who said this simplified things a bit too much,because you have to decide what's good and what's bad in your life(that's what the Bible says) and you'll be judged for your choices after you die.That's what I deduced from what I've been told Faith
franco.
Geek
franco.
January 10th, 2008 at 09:14pm
I don't know if I believe in god because I wasn't raised in a very religious household. I always look to my therapist for answers and he always seems to have the answers.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
January 11th, 2008 at 05:06am
Dimebag's Barbiegirl:
I don't know if I believe in god because I wasn't raised in a very religious household. I always look to my therapist for answers and he always seems to have the answers.
lmfao
*muffin_girl*
Jackass
*muffin_girl*
January 11th, 2008 at 06:32am
I dont disagree with religion totally... I mean yeah, it gives SOME people meaning and strength and guidence but at the same time its the extreemists and narrwomindedness that tends to follow. I mean I'm not saying ALL christians hate gays or anything but the majority unfortunatly do.. same with most religions.
If you just choose "God" to be you meaning of life as such then thats fine, just DO NOT shove it down our throats ok? I went to a thing called the alpha course for a bit with my friend (who kinda believes there's SOMETHING but not neccisarily how "god" is portrayed (he is also majorly gay) but when they were saying "How only god can give you completeness" I found to be aload of complete bollocks. Every one of the things thay said applies to music for me, music cheers me up when I'm down, music gives me that sence of completeness as so on... and as for the "who created you then?" argument, who created God? If god can just exist why cant the world? then whats the point of a God... ect... we cannot PROVE god either way, I personally belive that no-one knows everything and that the universe just... Exists. End of. The meaning of life is just life itself, life to create more life to keep existance (and non-existance) going. I mean theres bound to be a god somewhere 'cos in the infinate-ness of the universe EVERYTHING exists, but wether there is one in our time and place... I personally believe not.
It says something that a branch of christaianity was made just because henry VIII wanted a divorce and catholisism wouldnt let him.
And my friends getting really fucked up by the way shes taking wiccan-ism too seriously and literally, if you are a good person, if there is an afterlife of some sort, you should get a good deal no matter wether or not you believe in a "god" or not. So STOP PRAYING FOR MY SOUL DAMNIT! MY "SOUL" MY BUSINESS! I take the best moral messages from every religion and try to live my life fairly without hurting others and if that's not enough to get me into "heaven" if there is one then god sounds like a right shallow self worshipping cock. Hand
*muffin_girl*
Jackass
*muffin_girl*
January 11th, 2008 at 06:39am
Micro Sheep:
lexthezombieassassin:

He or she who said this simplified things a bit too much,because you have to decide what's good and what's bad in your life(that's what the Bible says) and you'll be judged for your choices after you die.That's what I deduced from what I've been told Faith

From what ive seen that is actually pretty accurate in most cases... the amount of churches I pass with messages like 'Come unto me or be eternally dammned' or whatever.. so its not really even 'do what i say or burn in hell' its actually "worship me" or burn in hell... extreemists are badddddd... Hand
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
January 11th, 2008 at 07:38am
lexthezombieassassin:
Lol, yea i'm not a religious person either, in fact i like to think i ain't got one. Makes me feel free. I personally think that if i don't have exact proof of some powerful being actually existing then i ain't gonna think about it the least bit. I've even cussed at "god" to see if i'd get smitten, but that doesn't work
I don't even know where to begin with this statement. Okay, so you don't believe in Christianity, but how can you feel free when you don't bother thinking about a greater power, or the creation of the universe, just because you have decided that one religion isn't right. To me being free is realising that you will never know the answers to these things, but doing as much as you can to find out about the various possibilities. Never stop questioning things.

lexthezombieassassin:
Con I actually told those jesus freaks that tried brainwashing me when i was younger that if they loved "god" so much why don't they commit suicide and run up there to have a giant orgy with him? lol sorry but they really made me mad over the years

Also, Christians view suicide as a sin, extinguishing your own life is like throwing away the greatest gift that God gave you, in Christian terms.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 11th, 2008 at 08:10am
Kurtni:
Anji:
NeoSteph:

lmfao leave it to Anji to find a way to glorify scientology.
tehe But it is true. I mean, all you'll hear about is Tom Cruise being promoted to whatever their equivalent is to archbishop of scientology and you see those people in the robes, handing out fliers for you to attend sessions, but it isn't always like that. An interview with actress Juliette Lewis, who is a more conservative scientologist follower states that it's more about personal beliefs than anything else.

All I'm trying to say, and all I ever seem to try and say, is that there is always an alternative view.

Like this ridiculous video footage war going on between the American ships and the Iranian speed boats when they 'confronted' each other off the coast. You've got too different sources with two completely different outlooks.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 11th, 2008 at 08:35am
If you have acces to panaroma anji I suggest checking out the scientology special which shows how completely immoral and jaded it is and its not even about tom cruise. It really is a thought provoking special the presenter and one point was nearly driven mad by one of the executives of the scientology estate because he was being tapped and followed by them.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 11th, 2008 at 08:58am
Okie dokie...but I don't think I have access to it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 11th, 2008 at 09:34am
NeoSteph:
If you have acces to panaroma anji I suggest checking out the scientology special which shows how completely immoral and jaded it is and its not even about tom cruise. It really is a thought provoking special the presenter and one point was nearly driven mad by one of the executives of the scientology estate because he was being tapped and followed by them.
I don't think it's fair to call scientology immoral. It might not match up to your morals, but it is perfectly moral to someone else.

Personally, I think it's a load of crap Coolio but then again I'm sure there is someone who would like to kick my face off for thinking that way. Such as tom cruise lmfao
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 11th, 2008 at 10:12am
I don't think that there should be fairness in criticising a religion. It may seem moral to someone else, but all in all, it's just belief and opinion. Something you choose, not like race or anything.
Micro Sheep
Falling In Love With The Board
Micro Sheep
January 11th, 2008 at 11:21am
*muffin_girl*:
Micro Sheep:
lexthezombieassassin:

From what ive seen that is actually pretty accurate in most cases... the amount of churches I pass with messages like 'Come unto me or be eternally dammned' or whatever.. so its not really even 'do what i say or burn in hell' its actually "worship me" or burn in hell... extreemists are badddddd... Hand

Are you sure those are christian churces? Coolio
Agent Zombie
Idiot
Agent Zombie

Blog
January 11th, 2008 at 01:49pm
bjtp:
lexthezombieassassin:
I don't even know where to begin with this statement. Okay, so you don't believe in Christianity, but how can you feel free when you don't bother thinking about a greater power, or the creation of the universe, just because you have decided that one religion isn't right. To me being free is realising that you will never know the answers to these things, but doing as much as you can to find out about the various possibilities. Never stop questioning things.

lexthezombieassassin:

Also, Christians view suicide as a sin, extinguishing your own life is like throwing away the greatest gift that God gave you, in Christian terms.

yea lol, i just saw what i said and i will call myself an idiot for saying that, wasn't paying attention Rolling Eyes
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
January 11th, 2008 at 06:41pm
I find myself on the fence when it comes to religion. I have a Roman Catholic mother and an atheist father (I think i spelled it right, anyway if that's not spelled right, he doesn't believe in god, he's a scientist). I can't talk to my mother about stuff like science and not believing. I'm agnostic and proud of it, though i'm leaning towards my dad's believes, cause hello, they make the most sense. So, i again, being agnostic is fine in my case. I mean, i still go to church once in a while, i just get really bored. That's why.
JOOLS
Addict
JOOLS

Mibba Blog
January 12th, 2008 at 04:03pm
lexthezombieassassin:

3.] If Christians are supposed to love eachother as thy selves or whatever. How come they always discriminate other religions and homosexuals? That's not very loving.
a)exactly, it doesn't make sense, if you do good and accept god into your life your supposedly sproutin wings out from your shoulder blades and your ass floats to heaven. Well what if there was a gay person who did all those things? Why the hell do they look down upon them? Because they can't get theories straight!

Not all Christians do this- please don't believe they do.
I don't believe in discriminating against homosexuals, and I don't think that the Christian faith has anything do to with homo or hetero sexuality, period. So, to me, it doesn't matter and I disagree with anyone who'll discriminate for that reason- religious or not.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
January 12th, 2008 at 06:49pm
Kurtni:

So.... because humans can't explain it, we need some god to do it for us?Like you said, we have no prove about anything.... there isn't any logic. We just like the thought of being "watched over" even if what we think is watching over us is totally illogical. We just like the thought of having a reason for everything. And as soon as we find a better explanation, we do away with that part of religion. Look at mythology, they had god to explain virtually every aspect of life and nature, but as science advanced and we got real explanations, those gods disappeared and became less practical. The same thing will happen with Christianity in good time File No offense to anyone; if you practice Christianity just enjoy the fact that I'll be buring in hell for this later. Con

for some reason people seem to need an answer to everything so yes, alot of people do fell they need some God. Coolio and It's not totally illogical, it isn't proven that there is no God. How do you know there is no God? Did you float up to heaven, look for a God, not find anyone and come back to earth? no.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 12th, 2008 at 11:46pm
Anji:
I don't think that there should be fairness in criticising a religion. It may seem moral to someone else, but all in all, it's just belief and opinion. Something you choose, not like race or anything.

That's why I don't criticize a religion. I just bitch about them all File
Memory Lane.:

for some reason people seem to need an answer to everything so yes, alot of people do fell they need some God. Coolio and It's not totally illogical, it isn't proven that there is no God. How do you know there is no God? Did you float up to heaven, look for a God, not find anyone and come back to earth? no.
"Feeling" you need something, and actually needing something are two totally different. things. And no, I didn't, because there is no heaven to float up to.

There is no proof that unicorns don't exist. There is no proof that there isn't a giant named Earl living in the Rocky Mountains playing poker with Elmo, but we don't need to dispove that to know it isn't true. Why should we need to prove that something doesn't exist. I have no reason to believe that there is a god, there isn't any evidence, so what reason exists for people to believe in one? It is illogical, no way around it. Some people are just ok with it being illogical, they have faith anyways. I am not one of those people.
Register