cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
November 25th, 2007 at 07:08pm
Jimmy Rebel.:
Boobmeister:
... We're not comparing Sid Vicious to God here, are we? Coolio

tehe No. I just used it as an example. Sorry if it offended you.
No, I'm just saying, it's a bit of a leap lmfao

And my R.S teacher and my best friend would have a fit if someone said that to them Coolio
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 25th, 2007 at 09:09pm
Jimmy Rebel.:

Exactly. Also, there's no proof that Sid Vicious isn't in my house. Who knows? Maybe he is. And y'know what? He has done miracles. I know the metaphors used in the Bible. I just can't and won't believe it. And surely, I won't believe in a God that thinks of me as a sinner because of my sexuality. And, certainly, I agree with you on the celibacy thing, but I also refuse to believe in a God who's son didn't have kids(since Jesus was the perfect God and human) , In my opinion, a perfect human has children. And based on your religion, Jesus hadn't any.
Sid hasn't done anything. And he isn't in your house.

But anyways... I don't believe in the Bible either. And God never said homosexuals are bad, religion did, and for the millionth time religion and God aren't the same thing.

And thats only your opinion. What if people cant have children? What if they devoted their lives to something else? That shouldn't make them less perfect. Jesus being God or no, he devoted his existence to preach love, tolerance and understanding. I mean, he died for it. Yeah, he deserves respect.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 26th, 2007 at 08:35pm
I would like to point out the difference between GSB and Mibba...

on Mibba, there is a thread called "GOD: Real or Fake?"

on GSB, we skipped stright to "why don't you believe"
lmfao omg I love this forum.
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
November 26th, 2007 at 10:34pm
Kurtni:
I would like to point out the difference between GSB and Mibba...

on Mibba, there is a thread called "GOD: Real or Fake?"

on GSB, we skipped stright to "why don't you believe"
lmfao omg I love this forum.
lmfao

I know. tehe
child-heart loser
Geek
child-heart loser
December 26th, 2007 at 10:09pm
I'm not sure if a god or gods really exist. I don't think anyone can be sure about it, and I doubt anyone can ever find out while they're still alive.

For example, having someone or a group of people living up in the sky doesn't sound too logical to me. And if there is a Heaven or Hell, or anything similiar, why haven't we found it yet?
But there also has to be a reason as to why everything in our universe is so organized, why the different planets stay in their orbit and don't crash into each other. Is it a higher being that makes the universe like this?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 28th, 2007 at 12:25am
Lena:
why the different planets stay in their orbit and don't crash into each other.

That's gravity, not god.
child-heart loser
Geek
child-heart loser
December 28th, 2007 at 01:01am
Kurtni:
Lena:

That's gravity, not god.
True, but there has to be something that makes gravity possible. It can't just BE there.

Gah, all this god(s) stuff is confusing.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
December 28th, 2007 at 03:38pm
Lena:
Kurtni:
Lena:

That's gravity, not god.
True, but there has to be something that makes gravity possible. It can't just BE there.

Gah, all this god(s) stuff is confusing.

It's not that gravity is possible.
Gravity's here. That's it.
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
December 28th, 2007 at 11:41pm
I dont believe in him for several very very personal reasons. However there is a question i came up with....maybe not to disprove him. But a question that will stump them most likely.

okay. so god is supposed to be Almighty. the definition of almighty is
al·might·y (ôl-mt)
adj.
1. Having absolute power; all-powerful

So People say god created everything. ppl animals everything on earth. So

If god is almighty...can he make a boulder that he himself cannot lift?

If they say yes, That disproves that he's allpowerful because he cannot lift it.
If they say no, It still disproves him being all powerful. He cant make the Boulder.

just a thought.
Minority_Under_Dog
Falling In Love With The Board
Minority_Under_Dog

Blog
December 29th, 2007 at 12:12am
syco:
I dont believe in him for several very very personal reasons. However there is a question i came up with....maybe not to disprove him. But a question that will stump them most likely.

al·might·y (ôl-mt)
adj.

If they say yes, That disproves that he's allpowerful because he cannot lift it.
If they say no, It still disproves him being all powerful. He cant make the Boulder.

just a thought.

no one truly knows if god is almighty and no one knows if god is perfect. it's just the way it is. Also, there really would be no point in god making a rock that god couldn't lift. what would its purpose be? Every one of god's creations has a purpose, from the smallest bacteria to the largest tree, they are all useful to the planents well-being.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 29th, 2007 at 12:34am
Minority_Under_Dog:

no one truly knows if god is almighty and no one knows if god is perfect. it's just the way it is. Also, there really would be no point in god making a rock that god couldn't lift. what would its purpose be? Every one of god's creations has a purpose, from the smallest bacteria to the largest tree, they are all useful to the planents well-being.
Yeah, you're right. He had more useful things to make, like AIDS and infectious diseases! Coolio
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
December 29th, 2007 at 12:38am
Minority_Under_Dog:
syco:

al·might·y (ôl-mt)
adj.

just a thought.

Did anything say that all of his creations had to have a purpose though? No. He is referred to as 'God Almighty' Most of the time. Most just say' god' but, almighty is often in his name. If he cannot make a rock that he cannot lift or cannot make a rock that he cannot lift, he is not almighty.
JOOLS
Addict
JOOLS

Mibba Blog
December 30th, 2007 at 07:24pm
syco:

Did anything say that all of his creations had to have a purpose though? No. He is referred to as 'God Almighty' Most of the time. Most just say' god' but, almighty is often in his name. If he cannot make a rock that he cannot lift or cannot make a rock that he cannot lift, he is not almighty.

Well, in my belief, physical things like that don't really... matter. He's almighty to me in the sense that He created the world and watches over me. He's almost anti-almighty tbh. He could do anything, but refrains from doing so in the same sense that your own parents might- to teach you something. So, to me, the restraint, the choice to not lift the boulder, makes him almighty.
Even if there is a written definition of "almighty" it really depends on your own beliefs, as everything about religion will. It's such a huge system of befliefs, religion, that definitions really serve no purpose. Not to the people who believe in said religion anyway.
nyeh.
Addict
nyeh.

Blog
December 31st, 2007 at 12:45am
Because I can't. Physically, I can't I've been in Catholic School for nine years and something keeps the faith out of me. I've tried to be a good churchgoing individual and I've tried to feel a connection to some type of God but I just don't. I suspect I'll become religious at some point in my life but it certainly isn't any time soon.

I'm also around a lot of narrow minded people who think my various beliefs about death and the afterlife mean I'm destined for eternal damnation. I KNOW NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE THIS but those in my life have really made me feel resentment toward the church I was supposed to have grown up in. I'm working on it but at the moment I really REALLY dislike the entire idea of religion.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
December 31st, 2007 at 02:04am
Memory Lane.:
I think I belive in God, I didn't used to. I think I do now though. I don't follow a religon though.

I'm pretty sure now, I just am.
schooldropout
Banned
schooldropout

Blog
December 31st, 2007 at 12:52pm
God and Religion is just another ploy to control people.
To have morals that you can't keep and promise.
Obeying something you know isn't there.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 1st, 2008 at 01:05pm
Cecilia:
Well then, why do the laws of physics work the way in which they do? I mean, you can't say that they just existed like that, it's impossible to say at the present.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2008 at 01:08pm
Anji:
Cecilia:
Well then, why do the laws of physics work the way in which they do? I mean, you can't say that they just existed like that, it's impossible to say at the present.

Humans don't know everything, we need to accept that. Everytime we can't explain something,like physics, we go off and make up an explantion for it, like religions and gods. It's silly to me.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 1st, 2008 at 01:32pm
It helps us understand and gives us reason. It is a very useful tool.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 1st, 2008 at 01:40pm
Anji:
It helps us understand and gives us reason. It is a very useful tool.

I don't think so. Believeing in god doesn't help you understand how physics works, it doesn't explain gravity. It makes nothing more clear at all, it just makes it ok for us to not understand and I don't think that's useful at all. Religion has hindered science multiple times due to things like that.

But I do agree it gives us a reason, the wrong one. Mr. Green
Register